SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-18-16, 09:21 AM   #226
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Billy, you just scored a touchdown in a soccer game!

Goes in the core mod of course.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 09:54 AM   #227
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Adding those files XTBilly has been porting over from FOTRS v2.0 is really GREAT!!!

Those images are just fantastic!!

I've been looking at the interiors. I know vickers did some work with the stock game and TMO. Ducimus did some work for FOTRS with gauges (least that's what the Read-Me states). I did work with both vickers and Ducimus's interiors to put a Radio Room in all subs, plus making the interiors as interactive as possible with mouse clicks to raise periscopes, go to periscope views; go to Maps, sub management screens; use interior dials at the various stations to apply rudder, speed, course changes on compass's etc. Put system lights throughout the different sub's to have the appearance of the interiors coming alive.

What do you think?

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 02:02 PM   #228
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Billy, you just scored a touchdown in a soccer game!

Goes in the core mod of course.
Yes, of course it does. All of this is AOTD and Maddy's work.
The graphics thing was in the back of my mind, torturing me from the beginning. How can this project, FOTRS Ultimate, be really "Ultimate" without these graphics? I started experimenting and at the and I couldn't believe my eyes. I didn't expect this to work, thankfully I was wrong!

I'm not done yet with the "high-level modding", (copy-paste-check) , but I was so excited of the success that I HAD to share it. Looks like we're good on graphics boys!

Back to SDM now...

Billy.
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 04:26 PM   #229
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3217

Shots from my FOTRS v13 with a mix of TMO smoke and FOTRS v2 smoke, and sea tweaked.

Trying in the Webster´s Torpedo Test Mission.

I´m trying a mix between the FOTRSv2 sounds and Poul´s sounds.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 07:06 PM   #230
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Adding those files XTBilly has been porting over from FOTRS v2.0 is really GREAT!!!

Those images are just fantastic!!

I've been looking at the interiors. I know vickers did some work with the stock game and TMO. Ducimus did some work for FOTRS with gauges (least that's what the Read-Me states). I did work with both vickers and Ducimus's interiors to put a Radio Room in all subs, plus making the interiors as interactive as possible with mouse clicks to raise periscopes, go to periscope views; go to Maps, sub management screens; use interior dials at the various stations to apply rudder, speed, course changes on compass's etc. Put system lights throughout the different sub's to have the appearance of the interiors coming alive.

What do you think?
Make it work and it goes into the core mod! Are Ducimus' animated fans in the FOTRS interior already?
Old 06-18-16, 07:13 PM   #231
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Shots from my FOTRS v13 with a mix of TMO smoke and FOTRS v2 smoke, and sea tweaked.

Trying in the Webster´s Torpedo Test Mission.

I´m trying a mix between the FOTRSv2 sounds and Poul´s sounds.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Fitzcarraldo, could you work up a JSGME mod just importing the FOTRS 2.0 merchants into 1.3? And how difficult is it to import some warships from there, like the two missing from the core Kaga, Akagi, Soryu and Hiryu. I forget which two were missing from 1.3. Definitely want the merchies. Warships if at all possible as a separate mod. Can you handle?

Thanx!
Old 06-18-16, 08:37 PM   #232
Berserker
Aggressive skipper

Downloads: 2166

How do you make the crew stop with the cheers and applause when your torpedoes hit...No free camera inside of sub...

Last edited by Berserker; 06-18-16 at 09:40 PM.
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 09:09 PM   #233
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Fitzcarraldo, could you work up a JSGME mod just importing the FOTRS 2.0 merchants into 1.3? And how difficult is it to import some warships from there, like the two missing from the core Kaga, Akagi, Soryu and Hiryu. I forget which two were missing from 1.3. Definitely want the merchies. Warships if at all possible as a separate mod. Can you handle?

Akagi is already in v1.3. Kaga is not. I'm going to make a check and see which warships are missing.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 10:40 PM   #234
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
Make it work and it goes into the core mod! Are Ducimus' animated fans in the FOTRS interior already?
Great, I'm almost done with it.

I'm not sure if the fans are running or not in FOTRS v1.3......I'd have to play it again to see. They will be when I get through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Wolverine
How do you make the crew stop with the cheers and applause when your torpedoes hit...No free camera inside of sub...
I'm not sure about the cheers and applause....probably something we can tract down. The stock game doesn't do it, does it?

Free camera inside the the sub.....darn tootin'!! Why put the effort into making things touch sensitive if you can't get to them!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 11:01 PM   #235
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Here are the warships from v2.0 that are not in v1.3.

Kaga
Tone
Yubari
Akatsuki
Hatsuharu
Matsu
Momi
Momi II
Shimakaze
Wakatake
Fubuki II
Chidori
Chidori II

Old 06-19-16, 05:05 AM   #236
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

love that smoke !

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-16, 08:47 AM   #237
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Wolverine View Post
How do you make the crew stop with the cheers and applause when your torpedoes hit...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
... I'm not sure if the fans are running or not in FOTRS v1.3......I'd have to play it again to see. They will be when I get through... I'm not sure about the cheers and applause....probably something we can tract down. The stock game doesn't do it, does ? ...
I haven't found a "fan" file per se, though it might be part of a background sound file. I've not gotten into the differences between crew 'shifts' and between 'regular' and 'silent running' - that kind of stuff. I do know that after taking damage of any sort, the crew 'loses it', and 'shouts' at you the remainder of the session. Much like "The Sound", once you've got it, you can't get rid of it (yet). As for the "Hit - we HIT her, we Hit her" -cheers- "shhh - shhh!", that's easy enough to either eliminate, or calm down by file substitution. A little more difficult (for me) to deal with is the accents of the 'American' crew. There are other sounds I do not like, such as the digitally frying bacon sound of a burning oil fire in FOTRS v2 - I want to hear a ROAR! I'm currently going through several sound mods, looking to borrow some from each, and putting other sounds in an 'alernate' sound mod of the users' choice. I want to be able to hear the sound of the scope going up and down, for those times when you're at a different station in the sub, and call for the scope up or down, just as an auditory prompt. Same with the torpedo tube doors. It's nice to have that confirmation...

What we could do, I suppose, is do an informal vote on who wants what sound in the base mod. There are some differences between the stock SH4 v1.4 & v1.5 sounds, but most of them are the same, just basically some additions, with minimal changes. When you get into some of the sound mods, some of the changed sounds are much different, including their playtime length, which I feel is the main problem with some of the mods. I do not know the audio 'engine' they use in SH4, but Windows does NOT like it when a person tries to play more than one audio file at a time. There is definitely an audio issue with the stock versions of SH4 when coming out of the higher TC levels (32 and above), so I'm reasonably certain that none of the sound mods address that / those issue(s), nor can they - probably.

Comments??

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-19-16 at 01:23 PM. Reason: The "system" dropped half of my quotes...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-16, 03:17 PM   #238
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Wolverine View Post

You could try this.

Last edited by cdrsubron7; 06-19-16 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-19-16, 07:14 PM   #239
Berserker
Aggressive skipper

Downloads: 2166

Tried that and going to silent running...Doesn't work,maybe if I shoot the clappers and shouters at the next target the rest of the crew will take a hint..
Old 06-19-16, 07:28 PM   #240
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

In the Google Drive is Creaks_Test_Sounds.zip for the testers downloading and testing. All it is, are the four (4) Creaks_Levelx.wav files (1, 2, 3 & 4), re-done to conform to the "Stock" v1.4/.5 lengths. It'd be nice to have some documentation of what is and what is NOT allowed in an audio file in the game, but oh well, "experimentation is the mother of invention", or something to that effect... 'Course, Edison (the inventor) was, for all practical purposes, deaf... probably from playing Silent Hunter 4 and encountering "The Sound"...

Put the un-zipped folder in the Mods folder, and all should be good for use in JSGME. Let me know if you have issues with that, CTDs afterwards, or - heaven forbid - you encounter "The Sound" - or, if all is well, also... I've tested until I'm almost tired of SH4 ("SACRILEGE!!!") - er, sorry - tired of waiting on the intro & loading of the game and/or scenario... whew! - I haven't had another encounter with "The Sound" lately. However, I wasn't getting them regularly anyway lately... Might have been something else... Two of the Creak files were definitely several seconds longer than the "Stock" versions, one was shorter, and another just barely longer, so maybe that was the trouble. You might also notice that the new sounds are actually a mix of the "Stock" and the FOTRS version of the individual files. The Level2 file, for whatever reason, is quieter. That's in the "Stock" game like that also. The FOTRS version was louder.

@ cdrsubron7, I took it that Rabid Wolverine was referring to the FOTRS v2 sound files, 'cause while they can be a bit over-the-top in stock, in FOTRS v2, they go absolutely bonkers, and if you've got a few hits close together, the crew is still raving about the hits after the ship has sunk... - I'm probably wrong though...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote