SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-01-08, 11:28 AM   #1
Frame57
Sea Lord

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Trim Angle in 688i is good.

I was bellyaching about SC and DW with regards to the lously trim angle the boats get when you want to get deep fast. But I noticed while playing a mission in 688i the angles are good. I was getting 20 degree downs, which is good with a flank bell when you want to get below that thermal. Still it is not a contollable feature by the player, but should be. I cannot fathom (NPI) why the designers did not keep this format when designing SC and DW? It actually is a critical feature to have in a realistic sim. Anyone have a ton of money and know some talented designers and programmers? Maybe we could make a game with far more realism than what is offered. One that would have unscripted mission and dynamic campaigns that do tell you ahead of time what you are getting into. Some missions have to have that, but how fun would it be to have campaigns like what is offered in the SH games, but only put it into the modern day era. It would not be historical, but could you imagine a WW3 dynamic campaign with your choice of platform? It would be very cool, instead of the same crap like, "Insert Seal team here and pick them later, and do get detected. Or navigate this mine field etc..." That is so boring! Come Sonalysts give us something that will blow SH out of the water with these Nuke boats. You are teasing us.
Frame57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-08, 11:30 AM   #2
Frame57
Sea Lord

Downloads: 2

I meant "DO NOT TELL YOU AHEAD OF TIME". Sorry for the typo.
Frame57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-08, 12:00 PM   #3
sonar732
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frame57
I was bellyaching about SC and DW with regards to the lously trim angle the boats get when you want to get deep fast. But I noticed while playing a mission in 688i the angles are good. I was getting 20 degree downs, which is good with a flank bell when you want to get below that thermal. Still it is not a contollable feature by the player, but should be. I cannot fathom (NPI) why the designers did not keep this format when designing SC and DW? It actually is a critical feature to have in a realistic sim. Anyone have a ton of money and know some talented designers and programmers? Maybe we could make a game with far more realism than what is offered. One that would have unscripted mission and dynamic campaigns that do tell you ahead of time what you are getting into. Some missions have to have that, but how fun would it be to have campaigns like what is offered in the SH games, but only put it into the modern day era. It would not be historical, but could you imagine a WW3 dynamic campaign with your choice of platform? It would be very cool, instead of the same crap like, "Insert Seal team here and pick them later, and do get detected. Or navigate this mine field etc..." That is so boring! Come Sonalysts give us something that will blow SH out of the water with these Nuke boats. You are teasing us.
The reason why SCS didn't include trim angle control is because of the obvious learning curve even w/o the trim angle issue.
sonar732 is offline   Reply With Quote