SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-09, 11:01 AM   #1441
Piggy
Ensign

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
keep me informed, looking at the code there are a number of patrols for that area in the time frame you talk about, but I don't see any gross errors. You want to tell me what "type" of sub your using ?
Ahh, sorry lurker, everything seems fine now. I ended that patrol and the next one sent me down to the marshals, so looks like I just got unlucky being sent to the same spot 3 times. Didnt mean to waste your time...

Thanks.

PS: Thanks Banjo, that explains the reduced radio traffic.
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-09, 03:31 PM   #1442
auricom
Mate

Downloads: 63

Hi there.. new to Silent hunter and these forums, but an avid aircraft simmer for years .. Having tons of fun w/ SHIV and SHIII .. have been dabbling in both swapping whenever I get frustrated..

Anyways, I encounted what may be a bug in TMO+RSRD and wanted to post it here to see if I'm crazy

Campaign: New Construction '42
Class: Gato
Torpedo's: default loadout (the buggy ones)

I get to the third or fourth objective, the one where you have to sink the small frigate with torpedos', just before you get sent on your first 'real' mission.. Playing at full realism except with : event camera on, external views on, map contact updates on..

I get to within a NM of the ensigns boat, and employ the Fast-90 strategy to line up my shot.. I've reloaded this scenario at least a half dozen times, and evvery time my torps pass right under the targets hull and do not detonate..

I have contact triggers set to 'contact influence' and torpedo depth set as shallow as they can go (4? is that dial in feet or m anyways?) ..

No matter what I can NOT get these things to hit the ship.. at their shallowest they aer still passing what looks like several feet under his keel .. I've had at least 10 'direct' hits where they pass directly underneath him

Is this a bug? am I doing something wrong? Anyone else have this problem?

I finally got frustrated, surfaced and tore him to shreds with my deck gun.. wiped that smug grin off HIS face

All ahead full; USS Growler out..
auricom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-09, 03:33 PM   #1443
auricom
Mate

Oh I almost forgot, installed addons are: (in order)

TriggerMaru_Overhaul_162_Full
TriggerMaru_Overhaul_Patch_163
RSRDC_TMOv163_V410
RSRDC_V410_Patch2
Old 03-13-09, 03:34 PM   #1444
auricom
Mate

also; I'm firing from about 400-500 yards distance..
Old 03-13-09, 04:40 PM   #1445
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by auricom
First, those mission are part of TMO not RSRDC. I will pass the info along to the right right person and have them look at it
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-09, 05:00 PM   #1446
auricom
Mate

sorry .. i'm a little confused as to what RSRD actually *is* then .. I though it was mostly the campaigns .. i guess not?
Old 03-13-09, 05:24 PM   #1447
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
sorry .. i'm a little confused as to what RSRD actually *is* then .. I though it was mostly the campaigns .. i guess not?
Without having to go into alot of details, the "new construction" section of the campaign is part of TMO, all the rest is RSRDC. How ever I have already past the info along and if I have time I will look at it myself. Of note the "target" your shooting at is part of TMO also.
Old 03-13-09, 05:27 PM   #1448
auricom
Mate

great.. thankyou
Old 03-14-09, 09:22 AM   #1449
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Default RSRDC V4xxx Hotfix

RSRDC V4xxx Hotfix Readme

This corrects a CTD that will generate when the player is within the vicinity of the Island of Truk. The CTD was caused by the patrolling IJN units, which had the “column” set to “2” when it should have been “1”. There are only 2 IJN units in this group with one of them set to a 50% spawn rate, when the player was within range and there was only 1 IJN unit present, the system would CTD trying to generate a 2 column group.

See first post for download link
Old 03-16-09, 10:55 AM   #1450
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
RSRDC V4xxx Hotfix Readme

This corrects a CTD that will generate when the player is within the vicinity of the Island of Truk. The CTD was caused by the patrolling IJN units, which had the “column” set to “2” when it should have been “1”. There are only 2 IJN units in this group with one of them set to a 50% spawn rate, when the player was within range and there was only 1 IJN unit present, the system would CTD trying to generate a 2 column group.

See first post for download link
thanks!!!, that was driving me nuts a couple months ago!

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-09, 11:32 AM   #1451
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Great! Getting in some patrols and I suspect Truk will be on my lists of places to hang out.
Old 03-16-09, 12:07 PM   #1452
Piggy
Ensign

Downloads: 147

Quote:
This might be your problem. I believe arming distance at that time (42) was still ~450 meters. Its possible you're too close and as such your torps are passing the target before the min arming distance?

Try it from 700 yards and see it if works.
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-09, 09:44 AM   #1453
auricom
Mate

I will reload the scenario and try backing off to 500/700 ..

Found an interesting one yesterday.. USS Sargo, sometime between Dec 1 1942 and Jan 30 1943 two merchants departed Truk travelling eastbound and beached themselves along that small chain of islands to the east, right at the spot just before the shallows drop off to the deep

anyways they stuck there and and couldn't get free.. not sure if that'ss desirable or a bug in their course?

snuck and and put two fish in each of them one went down, the other didn't .. was going to surface and shell the 10,000 tonner when but a destroyer was moving towards the area fast.. snuck away submerged.. the dd was on top of me the whole time but never dropped a depth charge or sonar pinged me.. maybe she wasn't equipped?

the whole situation seemed a little strange, but was fun and knuckle-biting at the same time..
Old 03-27-09, 02:31 PM   #1454
sunbeam_cz
Watch

Downloads: 2
Default Stuck near Iwo Jima

HI Lurker

I´m stuck,please help
I have a mision where I´m supposed to attack and destroy any merchant ships in the vicinity of Iwo Jima but for almost month(I have travelled there almost 4 times) no ship on sight..
Is there any chance that i could skip this mission or have I to wait there till I finally sink some?? Is there any time limit for these kind of missions?? a month? a year?
man it´s really annoying waiting there,refueling and again waiting...
I tried to send a message to HQ but still the same answer - continue in mission..

thanks for your answer

Using: patched RFB1.52 + patched RSRDC_RFBv15_V420
sunbeam_cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-09, 04:15 PM   #1455
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam_cz View Post
HI Lurker

I´m stuck,please help
I have a mision where I´m supposed to attack and destroy any merchant ships in the vicinity of Iwo Jima but for almost month(I have travelled there almost 4 times) no ship on sight..
Is there any chance that i could skip this mission or have I to wait there till I finally sink some?? Is there any time limit for these kind of missions?? a month? a year?
man it´s really annoying waiting there,refueling and again waiting...
I tried to send a message to HQ but still the same answer - continue in mission..

thanks for your answer

Using: patched RFB1.52 + patched RSRDC_RFBv15_V420

Well that's "real life" , return to port, I don't think there going to sack you for failing one mission