SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-07, 05:01 AM   #1306
goids
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

About time we gather our strength. Ubisoft is so certain about the sales figures of their product (thanks to us goons who are running like hell when the game is released cause we all want to get our hands on the first copy) that they figure quality is not that important any more.
Old 05-23-07, 05:19 AM   #1307
Von Skion
Swabbie

B2B approves: we need a new patch.
Old 05-23-07, 06:02 AM   #1308
simsurfer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 54

Never again U be Soft...Never!!!
Old 05-23-07, 06:11 AM   #1309
briny_norman
Swabbie

Downloads: 6

I'm all for a 1.3 patch.
Actually, I demand it. SH4 has so much potential that can only be fulfilled with another patch.
So let's have it!
Old 05-23-07, 07:02 AM   #1310
run3l0rd
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1
Default Lets see if UBISoft actually values us

I think it goes without saying that UBISoft should keep releasing patches until, at the very least, any easily reproducable bug is fixed. I mean franchises like the Silent Hunter series are a good stable way to make money aren't they? Why risk future income by alienating your customers?

Oh and I wish that for things games like SH4, which probably has a very stable and loyal userbase, that UBISoft would take a very Blizzardish "well release it when it's done" stance rather than rush it out the door to meet some deadline. But I guess that's asking for to much.
Old 05-23-07, 07:06 AM   #1311
_alphaBeta_
Medic

Downloads: 17

/Signed/

I've heard a lot about fixing the MAJOR bugs with 1.3. As far as I'm concerned, ALL the bugs should be addressed in future patches. I was iffy with UBI support following SH3, but I thought they fixed that up pretty well in the end. This is a train wreck.
Old 05-23-07, 07:54 AM   #1312
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

It is very clear there are 90% of people who are and 10% who are

This friction between ubi and those who bought SH4 is not good one and the only people who can resolve this problem is ubi. The ball is in your court and I and many others are watching for a satisfactory outcome to this problem.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 05-23-07, 08:01 AM   #1313
Arctic Fox
Swabbie

We do not WANT patch 1.3........

WE DEMAND PATCH 1.3.

What would the powers at Ubi say when their Insurers turned around and said that they would only pay $1 000 of their $1 000 000 claim and if they wanted more they must beg for it.

This is exactly what they are saying to us.

We have paid our money - now give us what is due to us - a fully functional product not a half-baked attempt at one.
Old 05-23-07, 08:05 AM   #1314
Agdune
Swabbie

Downloads: 22

Yeah, I'm willing to sign the (most likley ineffectual) forum petition. SH4 was and is the only game (or hell, any item of any kind) that I have returned due to dissatisfaction with the product I purchased.
I like sims, they're a great way to spend my weekends, but there's no way in hell I'd consider buying this game untill I felt that the core gameplay and quality was at least on par with the previous title. I don't feel that about SH4 at this time.

Please ubisoft, change my mind, in doing so, you'll get profit out of myself and likley many others making it worth the expenditure. If you keep it up, I'd probably give the games with your logo on them more credit, meaning it'd take much less effort on your part for me to buy your games. Win-win, right?
Old 05-23-07, 08:23 AM   #1315
U-Bersnuber
Swabbie

Haven't visited subsim for a while now, getting into SH3's advanced mode almost made me throw my PC out the window:p So the PS3 has got my gaming time since then. I will give it another shot though, I'm too stubborn to just give up

Anyho, on topic:
This doesn't surprise me at all coming from Ubisoft, I'm happy I haven't bought SH4 yet..and I will keep it that way, until they fix it.
Old 05-23-07, 08:26 AM   #1316
bsalyers
Sparky

Downloads: 46
Default I find myself in agreement with Samurai -

- in post #1301. The very idea that we have to somehow justify the completeion of the transacttion we entered into with Ubisoft when we bought SH4 is offensive. As the game in its present form simply does not function as advertised, there should be no question that there WILL be another patch, only a question of when.
I have never seen a group of people more solicitous of a vendor than the SubSim folks are of UbiSoft. We even protect them from piracy, for gosh sake; just let someone ask a question about "no-cd cracks" or torrent-site downloads of cracked products on this forum and watch everyone from Neal on down go nuts.
Since Ubi remains mysteriously silent, aside from asking the (in my opinion) inane question of whether another patch is deemed necessary, perhaps it's time for someone to utter the ugly phrase "class action suit"?
Old 05-23-07, 09:24 AM   #1317
Carcharadidntdoitdon
Swabbie

I'll make it blindingly simple for you Ubisoft. release a patch 1.3 that finally fixes the problms previously mentioned.

Or forget about me EVER buying another game from you.

Thank you
Old 05-23-07, 09:50 AM   #1318
Rafter11
Watch

Default 1.3

Great potential for this game. But it needs to fixed to work as advertized. Ubi has some great customers, don't loose them by being penny wise and pound foolish.

Please fix the radar, AOB periscope view/reality inconsistancy, and other mentioned bugs.

Rafter11
Old 05-23-07, 01:03 PM   #1319
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

patch patch patch patch patch:hmm: patchpatchpatchpatchpatchpatch patch patch patch patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 05-23-07, 01:38 PM   #1320
Spartan
Sailor man

Default A call to arms...

If anyone has 10 minutes free please go to Amazon and other etailers and start to post negative consumer feedback for ALL of UBIs games. If a thousand or so of us do it then they will clearly hear us. I organized a global protest for Creative Assembly and Activision doing this as well as other minor time intensive things and within a week I had a few emails from the developer and publisher asked me stop because the brand was being trashed in all the major markets and if I truly cared for the franchise I would turn it off and I did so. Positive action on the part of the developer and publisher soon followed.
Closed Thread