SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-25-14, 07:49 PM   #1
gaul92
Seaman

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default Any way to fix the Ohio(mod) from randomly diving

I am using the Ohio sub mod...and sometimes the sub will randomly start to dive and i cant just adjust the depth I have to blow ballast to prevent from dying....I apologize for lack of depth of info just got off work and wanted to post this before i forget
gaul92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 10:51 PM   #2
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

I don't know anything about the Ohio Class sub mod, but you may try to see for yourself what's going on. I suspect there's a Data/Submarine/NSS_Ohio (or something like that) folder. In that folder there should be a NSS_Ohio.sim file (that's opened with the "Silent 3ditor").

This .sim file contains a specific heading called "unit_submarine". Under this heading you'll find several parameters that have to do with the subs overall placement within the 3D modeled world. Displacement (weight) and mass figures. GC_height value (center of gravity height). Fr_ratio (center of gravity along the horizontal axis...front to rear). Drag coefficients (which have to do with the subs mass movement, either submerged or surfaced). Any of these parameters could be causing the sub to act erratically. I'm guessing this is the problem. You'll need to look at other sub models to see if there's a .sim parameter that just doesn't seem to look right when compared to the Ohio Class.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-14, 08:52 AM   #3
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

What version of the Ohio are you using? What mods are you running with the Ohio? What was speed and depth at time of incident? Were you recently engaged and took damage? If so, where and to what extent?

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-14, 09:46 AM   #4
gaul92
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
What version of the Ohio are you using? What mods are you running with the Ohio? What was speed and depth at time of incident? Were you recently engaged and took damage? If so, where and to what extent?
running periscope depth....then is basically nose dives only way to keep this from happening is to blow ballast
Old 02-26-14, 10:14 AM   #5
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Well that's a start, still gonna need the rest of the questions answered before I can even hope to help.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 02-26-14, 10:27 AM   #6
gaul92
Seaman

Quote:
Well that's a start, still gonna need the rest of the questions answered before I can even hope to help.
.02 beta...thats the only Mod i am using...and no damage wasnt taken...i thinks that all the questions you asked
Old 02-26-14, 03:14 PM   #7
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

If I remember correctly the beta used an S-boat damage model, was any damage taken at at all and then subsequently repaired? I'm kind of thinking one of the compartments is flooded and it just so happens to be one you can't fix. Any propulsion problems as well?

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 02-27-14, 11:30 AM   #8
gaul92
Seaman

Quote:
If I remember correctly the beta used an S-boat damage model, was any damage taken at at all and then subsequently repaired? I'm kind of thinking one of the compartments is flooded and it just so happens to be one you can't fix. Any propulsion problems as well?
From what I can tell i havent taken any sort of damage....I dont think i have any propulsion problems. You have a full released version of this mod?
Old 02-27-14, 12:26 PM   #9
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Yeah that was part of the problem, it wasn't on the damage control screen so players never knew they might have had a fully flooded compartment!

But yeah I released an updated version, here's the link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=209531

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 02-27-14, 01:55 PM   #10
gaul92
Seaman

Quote:
Yeah that was part of the problem, it wasn't on the damage control screen so players never knew they might have had a fully flooded compartment!

But yeah I released an updated version, here's the link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=209531
thnaks...ill download the released one now