SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-13-12, 02:27 PM   #1
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default might be having a spot o' trouble with GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra sh

I might be having a spot o' trouble with the GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7 mod. For some reason the navigation plots for Keil are, umm , , , borked.

The buttons for inbound and outbound seem reversed, plus the inbound route from Kiel leads me east.

Also, the dock at Kiel seem buggered as well, especially since it starts me off on dry land (well, according to the map it does, anyway).

Here is the list of mods I'm running. Does anyone have a clue why I'm having this difficulty?

~Albrecht von Hesse

GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Wac Animated Sub Pens interior start for GWX
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - No Medals on Crew
New Uboat Guns 1.2
Urfischs_ModStrike_Beta1
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
Tikigod's - Engine Order Telegraph (German)
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
torpedo trail and wake fix
Depthcharge Shake v2.01
hydrophone depth charge
SH3-Fix_SN_2_Stock
Fix_UZO_R_stock
GWX Gold restricted Bino Mod
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
GWX3.0 Additional_Ammo
SH-5 Water for GWX 3.0 V0.9 Atlantic campaign (default)
Searchlights_Removed
KJF_Moon_v1.1
KB's Diesel Sound Mod
Aces' Combined SH3.SDL Files v2
Pascal_Binoculars_Black
sh3_soundmod_maat1
Real Depth Charge
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
Das Realistic Food
Old 10-13-12, 02:47 PM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I don't know. It should start you off alongside a tender. As for the plotting, I've never used that thing. I always do my own plots, so I never would have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. It was bigboywooly who put it together, and he only did it for me. I'm not sure he even wanted it released. At any rate, he's the only one who can answer your question.

Sorry I wasn't any help.
Old 10-13-12, 06:50 PM   #3
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I don't know. It should start you off alongside a tender. As for the plotting, I've never used that thing. I always do my own plots, so I never would have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. It was bigboywooly who put it together, and he only did it for me. I'm not sure he even wanted it released. At any rate, he's the only one who can answer your question.

Sorry I wasn't any help.
Any answer from people here I consider good ones.

I seem to be having problems with v6 and v7.
  • When I run v6 I start in a pen, everything looks OK, the Kiel pre-plot buttons are correctly assigned but the outbound plot is foobarred.
  • When I run v7 I start at a tender, but the nav map looks extremely corrupted, and the pre-plots are hinkey.

I like starting at a tender, but so much else with v7 seems iffy that I think I'll just stick with v6 for now and try that out.

~Albrecht von Hesse
Old 10-13-12, 08:12 PM   #4
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Also, the dock at Kiel seem buggered as well, especially since it starts me off on dry land (well, according to the map it does, anyway).
that I think is pretty common depending o n how zoomed in or out you are... also extremely shallow water sometimes shows up as land.

Quote:
The buttons for inbound and outbound seem reversed, plus the inbound route from Kiel leads me east.
that is correct as that would be going to Keil. outbound would be going out of Keil thus west.

i cannot seem to recreate your issue
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 08:21 PM   #5
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstriker View Post
i cannot seem to recreate your issue
A very good point. I'm sorry I didn't see that sooner. Outbound is leaving from Kiel, heading west. Also, you need to click on it before you start moving. If you leave the dock or tender first, then click the button, it will plot the route from that point, but think it's from the starting point, so the whole route will be offset by however far and in which direction you've travelled.

That's another reason I don't use it; I like to motor away from the pier at a stately 1 knot, then keep to the standard 5-knot speed limit until I have entered the Canal. And then there are the working gates on the locks...
Old 10-14-12, 01:23 AM   #6
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I'm attaching a series of images that shows what I'm experiencing.

The setup for each is a clean SHIII install (it's already pre-patched) which is then subsequently modded by GWX Gold. There are no other mods or changes at that point.

These first set of 5 images are with version 5 of GWX 3 Wilhemshafen, St Naz, Schluese and xtra ships. #1 is a map image; #2 is the outside view; #3 is showing the outbound Kiel pre-plot; #4 shows the inbound Kiel pre-plot (alas, it's shown starting from Kiel, but it shows you the basic path), and #5 is a close-up of Kiel outbound:

These next 5 are the same, except with version 6 of GWX 3 Wilhemshafen, St Naz, Schluese and xtra ships:

These next 4 are the same, except with version 7 of GWX 3 Wilhemshafen, St Naz, Schluese and xtra ships, and I didn't bother (for obvious reasons) with a close-up of the outbound:

Since version 6 of GWX 3 Wilhemshafen, St Naz, Schluese and xtra ships seemed (mostly) OK, I decided to add the only other mod that had the greatest effect --Wac Animated Sub Pens interior start for GWX-- and this is what happened:

Anyways, this is what I've been experiencing.

~Albrecht von Hesse
Old 10-14-12, 02:08 AM   #7
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

you have solved your problem all by yourself it is the mods you are running especially that last one as it starts you out in a spposed pen and not where the original "was" designed to to start you at.

the first and second set look more or less like they should
and the 3rd well it has done something weird

have you looked at the readmes of each of those mods to see if they said anything about this?

my solution unfortunatly "if you absolutely want those mods you mentioned in each screenshot set" is to do a manual ploting
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-12, 08:27 AM   #8
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

The Kiel in should only be done from the dot before you enter the canal coming home, not when you are leaving Kiel. I believe v7 change log says to do the outbound plot after you go through the locks.
Quote:
Adjusted Kiel canal auto plots to suit new terrain and bridges. ( New plots are only available once thru the schluese and you will need to be near enough on the map marking before asking navigator to plot either Kiel in or out )
To be honest, I haven't put v7 in yet as I have a campaign running with v6.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-12, 06:53 PM   #9
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstriker View Post
you have solved your problem all by yourself it is the mods you are running especially that last one as it starts you out in a spposed pen and not where the original "was" designed to to start you at.

the first and second set look more or less like they should
and the 3rd well it has done something weird

have you looked at the readmes of each of those mods to see if they said anything about this?

my solution unfortunatly "if you absolutely want those mods you mentioned in each screenshot set" is to do a manual ploting
Actually, yes, I have looked at the readme-s. Wac Animated Sub Pens interior start for GWX's readme, (for v5 of GWX 3 Wilhemshafen, St Naz, Schluese and xtra ships, at any rate) only specifically mentioned the order of mod installations, but did not indicate any conflicts.

As for v7 of GWX 3 Wilhemshafen, St Naz, Schluese and xtra ships, I agree that something looks hinky. My posting this, for v7, was in the nature of FYI to the modder, since I'm content with the performance and appearance of v6 at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
The Kiel in should only be done from the dot before you enter the canal coming home, not when you are leaving Kiel. I believe v7 change log says to do the outbound plot after you go through the locks.
To be honest, I haven't put v7 in yet as I have a campaign running with v6.
HW3, I know that "Kiel in should only be done from the dot before you enter the canal coming home, not when you are leaving Kiel". I just wan't going to spend hours motoring over to that point multiple times just to plot out the path. However, I easily could plot the path inbound to Kiel while docked at Kiel, and overlay the plotted path to verify conformance. With v7 it appears that there is a X-axis mirror problem with the outbound, and a X and Y axis mirror inbound.
Old 10-16-12, 02:35 PM   #10
HW3
Navy Seal

Just so anyone who wants to know can for sure whether the plots do work or not in v7.

Kiel Outbound

Plot starts where the curser is pointing

Kiel Inbound

Old 10-16-12, 09:02 PM   #11
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Just so anyone who wants to know can for sure whether the plots do work or not in v7.

Hey HW3, I'm glad the plots work for you. Maybe you can help debug and explain why mine don't ?

If you have the time, please look at the following:

This is a clean install to GWX Gold, with no other mods or changes except the GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships and Wac Animated Sub Pens interior start for GWX ones.

I'm not exactly worried about the plots, as I can always manually plot the courses. However, usually if one thing is borked that's a fair indication that more stormy weather may lie ahead.

Danke.

~Albrecht von Hesse
Old 10-17-12, 11:26 AM   #12
HW3
Navy Seal

Hi Albrecht! I watched the videos(#2 would not play). Number 1 was fine. Numbers 3 & 4 you selected the plots before you were supposed to. You have to pass through the locks, and be near the dot in the canal, on a heading through the canal, when you select the plot. Then it will work right. I suggest using the lock on the right of the 2 available, it will line you up better with the dot in the canal both ways. To sum it up, you self navigate all the way through the locks, then select the plot when you are near the dot. The dot is the one my curser is pointing at in my second picture. I hope this helps you out.

Old 10-19-12, 11:05 AM   #13
blueduck
Commander

Downloads: 59

Hello mates,

there is an known issue with the course patterns - your sub will have to be aligned in a restricted angle to the startpoint of the pattern to plot it correctly.

As HW3 wrote correctly, do the locks manually and then set your first waypoint to the green Starting-Point. Then choose the pattern "Kiel Out".
Vice versa if you want to get back to Kiel.

Maybe have a look at our Autoplot KWK-Manual - though written for LSH3V5.1, the basics should be the same.

Regards
Blueduck
blueduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-12, 02:05 PM   #14
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Hi Albrecht! I watched the videos(#2 would not play). Number 1 was fine. Numbers 3 & 4 you selected the plots before you were supposed to. You have to pass through the locks, and be near the dot in the canal, on a heading through the canal, when you select the plot. Then it will work right. I suggest using the lock on the right of the 2 available, it will line you up better with the dot in the canal both ways. To sum it up, you self navigate all the way through the locks, then select the plot when you are near the dot. The dot is the one my curser is pointing at in my second picture. I hope this helps you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueduck View Post
Hello mates,

there is an known issue with the course patterns - your sub will have to be aligned in a restricted angle to the startpoint of the pattern to plot it correctly.

As HW3 wrote correctly, do the locks manually and then set your first waypoint to the green Starting-Point. Then choose the pattern "Kiel Out".
Vice versa if you want to get back to Kiel.

Regards
Blueduck

Thank you both for your help. I'll give this a go and see if it works (although it should based upon what you've said ).

However, quick question: I've activated v7 (along with the below-documented mods) and, having just started in base, am now seeing this:

Any idea what I've messed up?

~Albrecht von Hesse

currently activated mods:

GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Wac Animated Sub Pens interior start for GWX
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
FM30_UpDown_final
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
New Uboat Guns 1.2
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
Tikigod's - Engine Order Telegraph (German)
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
torpedo trail and wake fix
Das Realistic Food
Real Depth Charge
hydrophone depth charge
SH3-Fix_SN_2_Stock
Fix_UZO_R_stock
GWX Gold restricted Bino Mod
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
GWX3.0 Additional_Ammo
SH-5 Water for GWX 3.0 V0.9 Atlantic campaign (default)
Searchlights_Removed
KJF_Moon_v1.1
KB's Diesel Sound Mod
Aces' Combined SH3.SDL Files v2
TorpedoTubesFfireFinal vGW
Urfischs_ModStrike_Beta1
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
Air Torpedo_mod_v2.0
O2-Gauges v2
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1
Old 10-19-12, 02:13 PM   #15
HW3
Navy Seal

No idea. What is the date? Most of the mods you listed I am familiar with, and they wouldn't cause those to appear like that. They do resemble flak towers though.