SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-07, 07:25 PM   #961
oritpro
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I cannot believe we are begging Ubi to fix a game that should not have been released in the first place. In my opinion they owe it to their customers to fix the game so it performs as advertised.

This might seem harsh but think about it; we buy games on good faith and with the expectation that there are going to be a few bugs; however, there are certain parts of SHIV that do not work as advertised and in some cases do not work at all. For example, the box says "more realistic action than ever before." I would like to know what is so realistic about a Japanese destroyer completely ignoring me while I blow away the convoy they are supposed to protect. How about "Authentic and historically accurate U-boats, weapons, and equipment." If United States sub captains carried around the same chronometer found in SHIV we would all be speaking Japanese today.

When you buy a TV you expect it to work (as advertised) out of the box; and when it doesn't you take it back to the store. The same goes for a toaster, mp3 player, or computer accessories. When you buy software all you can do is HOPE that it works and if it doesn't HOPE that the developers fix it so you can enjoy your investment.

The software industry is out of control. We should not be begging that the product be fixed, we should demand it.
Old 05-19-07, 07:28 PM   #962
Tigrone
Commander

Downloads: 41
Default A comprehensive completion patch is critical!

Comprehensive means that a casual, ordinary player, ought to be able to install the game, then apply a single patch and be able to play with major game play flaws. I don't understand why we are not getting there?

I've a broom at the mast said he, for the broom is a sign for me, that wherever I go, I sweep the mighty sea.
Old 05-19-07, 07:33 PM   #963
Deep-Six
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 2

If Neal says we need a patch, we need a patch. The game right now is stable, but bugs and such still need fixing.

my 0.02 pfg worth.
Old 05-19-07, 07:47 PM   #964
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

I'm on board. One of the main reasons I've not bought the game is the bad reviews I've been reading hre and the view I've had from one of my mates who bought it when it first came out. Third patch is a much needed fix for some of the issues that are still in the game that need to be addressed.
Old 05-19-07, 07:58 PM   #965
zzodr
Swabbie

Downloads: 28

This game requires 1.3. so get cracking Ubi.
Old 05-19-07, 08:01 PM   #966
Tim Burton
Swabbie

Downloads: 5

I won't be picking this up till it is fixed.
Old 05-19-07, 08:06 PM   #967
Chief_WH
Watch

Downloads: 55

Hi all,

I will not be buying the game until a patch 1.3 comes out. I'm not saying this as some pathetic threat, I realise my money is insignificant to everyone except me, I'm just simply stating fact.

I was a late discoverer of SH III (due to word of mouth from someone who played the first one), so luckily all patches (and Grey Wolves) were out. And now (post patches) it is a great game, which I have now recommended to others to buy. But, word of mouth strongly suggests SH IV needs more work, so please work on another patch and I can then buy this game.

I'm not singling out SH IV as a particularly bad example of what seems to be the norm of releasing bugged games, in fact it's because I've only just been able to play another eagerly anticipated game that was flawed since it came out months ago that it is now my belief that it's best to wait a few/several months before buying games in future as you run the risk of completely wasting your money.

Regards,

Chief_WH.
Old 05-19-07, 08:32 PM   #968
kola
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 67

Definitely needs patch 1.3.

SH3 is awesome, SH4 not quite there yet!!
Old 05-19-07, 08:33 PM   #969
subman603
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1
Silent Hunter 4 patch v1.3

Ubi really needs to finish what they started , SH4 would be an awesome sim if they put as much effort into it as SH3. come on let's fix this thing

Subman603
Old 05-19-07, 08:36 PM   #970
mrwinnie76
Swabbie

Downloads: 22

Fix this game ! I paid for a complete simulation!
Old 05-19-07, 08:45 PM   #971
tridentseal_56
Bilge Rat

Default In need of ubi soft surport (1.03)

Ubi Plzs Take The Time To Bring Wolves Of The Pacific To A Higher Standard Gameing
Old 05-19-07, 08:47 PM   #972
CDNSUB
Swabbie

Default Call for a patch

Please continue to offer patches for SHIV!
Release the SDK code for SHIII to the community so they can fix some of the bugs, i.e. weather, x-ray lighthouses etc...
My 2 cents worth...
Old 05-19-07, 08:54 PM   #973
NealT
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 4

To make this short and sweet...

Until UBISOFT releases anough patches to fix this game to the point to where it is playable at all times for me, I will not spend the money to buy it or upgrade my computer to where I can run it properly. I love subsim games and not having SH4 up to the level that I know it can be is quite disappointing.
Old 05-19-07, 09:03 PM   #974
kb1esx
Bilge Rat

Default Patch needed!!

I'm not buying until it's stable.

David
Old 05-19-07, 09:04 PM   #975
mwren
Bilge Rat

Although I am a constant skipper in SH3, having purchased at time of release and patched as they became available. I have not purchased SH4 to date (finances ) but have been keeping an eye on the progress of things.
I am almost at the point of purchase and had been heartened at the patches that have arrived but it appears there is some way to go.
Releasing patches for product seems to be the norm these days, but it's not right that the community becomes the testers.

Complete (patch) SH4 to a community acceptable level, and you will have one more sale and a happy community.

Thank you,
Mick
Closed Thread