SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-10-07, 06:31 PM   #2341
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbass
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbass
Since I don't intend on playing 2.0 without Commander, I hope you can possibly make the cfg file available a little sooner than intended. If not, I'll just wait, thanks.
Fred, did you get an early download of GWX 2.0? The SH3 Cdmr files should have been available at the same time.:hmm:
Yes, I got the email with the links from Neal. All that was attached was the .exe file and the 7 .bin files. Where do I get them?
There should have been a link near the bottom of the e-mail for the Sh3 Cmdr cfg files.
I can confirm that there wasn't. Can we get that link?

Great work on the mod. One really silly thing that irks me though... in the new enabled crew cheers for when a torpedo strikes, why on earth is there someone very clearly calling for a medic?

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-07, 07:00 PM   #2342
KeptinCranky
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

edit, misunderstood the question....haven't heard the medic thing....

Now I'll have to go out there and get my boat shot up to find out

Oh wel...
KeptinCranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-07, 07:04 PM   #2343
CCIP
Navy Seal

Oh I heard them yell for medics when they need them before! I'm just saying this seems to be part of the crew cheers for some reason. "Yes!! Target hit!! MEDIC!! Hooray!!" just doesn't have that victory ring to it, you know?

-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
Old 12-10-07, 07:05 PM   #2344
KeptinCranky
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3

Drat! and I edited because I misunderstood your question but you read my first answer anyway :rotfl:

I guess if you're celebrating and accidentally bump into that very dubious Ham that has been hanging in the Zentrale for far too long, you're going to want immediate medical attention too...

Oh well, time for me to go and get sunk....
KeptinCranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-07, 07:15 PM   #2345
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Yes,
Bernard jumped up,
hit his gourd and required several nails to close the wound!!

GOOD NEWS!!!
Driveing the nails in was fun!!

BAD NEWS!!!
Bernard lives!!
Old 12-10-07, 08:21 PM   #2346
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

I'm going to hijack this thread for a moment:

Let me make a public apology for my actions and words earlier today. I felt wronged and cheated on many levels and after discussing this with some individuals it has become clear that I was not 100% correct in some things. All in all, throwing egos aside, it's about the game as Privateer stated. Let's enjoy our new mod that was given to us by GWX

thread returned.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-07, 08:58 PM   #2347
CCIP
Navy Seal

Alright, that explains everything. Surely every time I hear that now I'll be muttering "Bernard!" and trying to load one of my sailors into the torpedo tube

-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
Old 12-10-07, 09:02 PM   #2348
Mush Martin
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy

Let me make a public apology for my actions and words earlier today. I felt wronged and cheated on many levels and after discussing this with some individuals it has become clear that I was not 100% correct in some things. All in all, throwing egos aside, it's about the game as Privateer stated. Let's enjoy our new mod that was given to us by GWX

thread returned.

Tutorial
Mush Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 12:14 AM   #2349
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy

thread returned.
Well said. Game first, and we have a lot of happy people.
Old 12-11-07, 12:19 AM   #2350
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP
Great work on the mod. One really silly thing that irks me though... in the new enabled crew cheers for when a torpedo strikes, why on earth is there someone very clearly calling for a medic?
Are you using the German voices or the English ones? GWX2.0 is designed to be used with German voices. You can choose whether to use English or German text, but the sound track is far more immersive when heard in German. Just like Das Boot!
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 04:59 AM   #2351
Dustyboats
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
The "tail"

Aaah what a TALE I have to tell. Of lack of TAIL I do bewhale, for in which direction do I sail ? My compass heading true and good, but my contacts are not where they should! Four nautical miles my convoy large; Wham! Bam! I'm suddenly depth charged.
Not once, not twice but now its thrice; I've hit the deep six, "For my crew....not nice".
They are fed up with this Captain bold, singing out, "He's too bloomin' old!" To restore their faith, which of present they lack, any chance of having that TAIL back?
Old 12-11-07, 06:01 AM   #2352
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyboats
Aaah what a TALE I have to tell. Of lack of TAIL I do bewhale, for in which direction do I sail ? My compass heading true and good, but my contacts are not where they should! Four nautical miles my convoy large; Wham! Bam! I'm suddenly depth charged.
Not once, not twice but now its thrice; I've hit the deep six, "For my crew....not nice".
They are fed up with this Captain bold, singing out, "He's too bloomin' old!" To restore their faith, which of present they lack, any chance of having that TAIL back?
Did you know, that when you close to visual range, those tails reappear when you zoom in on the map?

The removal of the tails succesfully adresses the overly accurate convoy report information given in game... to encourage players to hunt and chase without certain success!

If you bag a bucket of kills every time you get in the water... where is the fun in that?

Try playing with it a bit longer. We'll produce a modlet that returns the tails for those that wish it after a time...

... but in the meantime... I double dare ya to turn off your freecam too! (just for a few patrols)

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 06:11 AM   #2353
Mush Martin
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 4

Well that didnt Rhyme KL
The info to dustyboats you tell
Twould be good to note
that the verse of his boat
came with an artisctic touch
the humdrummery of rtfm lacks much

Nice post dusty none the less.
M

after installing new main hdd and such sundries as windows avg
and spybot etc. managed to get gwx2.0 to boot up long enough to
do the flak portion of subschool and take one lap around keel
prior to working on a failed sound card that I dont know how its
going because my video card just caved .........

(thank god for my pIII laptop or it would have been awefully quiet
around here today)

[edit] Oooooh 2.4 of a whopping 11.2 g of hardrive space available

Tutorial

Last edited by Mush Martin; 12-11-07 at 06:37 AM.
Mush Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 06:49 AM   #2354
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

I at first was a little uncomfortable without tails but as Beta testing went on I got used to it and now am quite competent at checking my direction using the compass and tracking down and intercepting convoys and ships. For me it took about a patrol and a half to be convinced that I didn't need them and once used to it I wouldn't look to put them back on.

Others may have different modes of play or needs and wants and there is always the option of putting them back on if it bugs you that much but I'd say give it a spin for a few cycles to see if it really is a problem for you before turning tails back on.

I'll never kill the freecam cos I'me addicted to eye candy and found it frustrating that when I want to have a look at something I can't.
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 06:59 AM   #2355
Von Manteuffel
Commander

Downloads: 411

Brilliant! Marvellous! Superb! Truly outstanding! Wow! I've died and gone to sim Heaven! Jeeeesus, how did they ...... etc etc.

GWX2 is, without a doubt, an incredible and amazing piece of work. I played an entire career patrol overnight ( Who needs sleep, anyway?).Thanks and respect - make that awe - to everyone involved.

A couple of queries, if I may:

1. The Attack Periscope is very blurred when first raised and the fuzziness seems to stay for a very long time then and after a wave has washed over it. Please tell me that this is intentional and if it is a bug please don't fix it. I love the effect and the resulting tension and suspense, especially without the external camera. - "It's a ship, but f**k knows what it is and whose it is!" -

2. I use German voices. Am I meant to hear a voice actually saying "She's going down" and a few other things which do appear as text?

Once again, thanks for the best mod ever.

Von M
Von Manteuffel is offline   Reply With Quote