SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-07, 11:36 PM   #15
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Hi mates,

After I work on this the last 5 days, 6 hours per day, during the night, without a good sleep time, I´m sad in say (as I guessed since the beginning...) that isn´t possible to have an alert crew for 16km mod without some annoying side effects.

...And I´m very stubborn with all work that I put my hands on...

The main problem is that old one for 16km: To have a good Alert crew we will also get a very noticiable vampire night vision, mainly in the clear unffoged nights. The result is that we will have almost the same crew visual detection distance for day and night.
Also the detection of differents units size like small ships and small planes are also a problem without good solution (balance) in 16km/alert crew matter.

However, I should like to say that the original GWX sensors/visual behaviour for 16km is already good: good detection at day and at night the enemy will almost never detect you first. Exception for small ships and small planes and when in heavy fog conditions. Ths is why the guys that uses 16km with GWX don´t have much problems with it (very different from GWX 8km situation indeed...)

So, that is all.
Sorry guys.
I´m very grateful for all you that put here encourage words to we try to fix this annoying problem. Special thanks to bert8for3 that help me with a very well made measurement work for the visual detection distances on 16km mod.
I was defeat by the Sensors' bugged SH3 engine...it´s a pity.

Thanks to all!
Thanks to support and use the mods from this great community!
I will start now my retired time from SH3 mod work and finally play the game once for all!
And the Stay Alert crew fix for 8km is working very well!
See you guys!

Rubini.