SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-14, 05:44 AM   #1
aluc24
Sailor man

Downloads: 91
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 Crew Shifts mod?

Hi all,

Started SH3 not too long ago, I noticed the infamous bugs related with crew fatigue in SH3. Having tried various options and mods, I decided to disable fatigue via SH3 Commander altogether, and played something like 30 patrols.

And then I understood it was way too easy. Even the stock crew, with few qualifications, was more than enough for every scenario. Officers who are always at their stations, watchmen who stand on the deck for the length of patrol, and some guys in their bunks who are never needed.

So I thought - to hell with it! It is no fun to play a superman team. I enabled GWX 8 hour fatigue model, and started to play a new career. It is much more immersive now - I actually have to plan how to rotate the crew, how often, when to leave the qualified crew rested so that they are ready when the merchant is spotted.

However, the problem is these long legs on patrol where I have to cross blue waters for many days before getting into actual combat - and later, returning back to base. When I have 80 hour cruise, it is quite irritating to manually rotate engine room crew every 3-6 hours (depending on weather and stuff).

I thought - if SH4 has crew rotations implemented, why isn't there a simple script for SH3 that would do the same?
Basic idea is that you select some crew, and tag them to be assigned to some operation station, and divide into two teams. And then set that they rotate every x hours or if fatigue drops to 50%.

But maybe such mod is already out there? Maybe I'm missing it? Help, fellow Kaleuns

P.S. I am aware that you can modify TC so that crew doesn't get tired at something like 1024x, but to me, it is also immersion breaking... And it tempts to cheat.
aluc24 is offline   Reply With Quote