SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-18, 09:56 PM   #166
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Come on, Jeff. Let's not make this about each other.
Old 02-27-18, 10:50 PM   #167
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Almost forgot, mailing hazardous materials via postal service is always an alternative for the deviant mind as well.

http://wjla.com/news/local/officials...l-in-arlington

Another case of copy cat mayhem I think. Each incident seems to increase the likelihood it will be used again.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 04:21 AM   #168
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Almost forgot, mailing hazardous materials via postal service is always an alternative for the deviant mind as well.

YA THINK! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 01:31 PM   #169
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
He mailed bombs though. That takes a bit more expertise than slipping a little unidentified white powder into an envelope. The 2001 anthrax attacks generated a continuing wave of fake copy cat attacks over the years because the media made darn sure that everyone knew how easy it was to do and how difficult it was to be caught.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 08:09 PM   #170
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

I was 19 once and the government gave me a job and a 45 caliber gun with a holster to do that job

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 08:16 PM   #171
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

I said it before the 2016 Election, I said it after the election, and I'm saying it again: for all the 2nd Amendment people who think Trump is going to be their Great Defender, if push comes to shove and Trump needs to save his political ass, he will throw the 2A under the bus:

President Trump keeps lawmakers guessing at gun meeting --

https://www.yahoo.com/news/president...234223042.html

Quote:

Just take the guns

Trump repeatedly suggested guns just be taken from citizens if officials felt they should, even if Americans had not violated any laws.

“The police saw that he was a problem, they didn’t take any guns away,” said Trump about the Parkland shooter. “Now that could have been policing, but they should have taken them away anyway, whether they had the right or not.”

Later in the meeting, Vice President Pence attempted to walk those comments back, explaining the process of how states could take steps to confiscate guns from dangerous individuals that would go through the courts and observe due process. He was interrupted by his boss.

“Or Mike, take the firearms first and then go to court,” Trump interjected. “That’s another system.”

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” the president added.

Gee, Donny, nice of you to actually come up with an actual idea, but, you know, there's that nagging little thing called the 2nd Amendment, not to mention a few other Amendments your idea violates...

And, to prove just how much Trump knows about the gun issue (or any other issue, for that matter), there's this gem:

Quote:

Black market or local gun store

At the end of the meeting, Trump appeared to not understand that AR-15 assault rifles are widely available for purchase in retail stores. Feinstein closed by asking what the nation could do with “weapons of war.” Trump said it was a black-market issue.

“The problem, Dianne,” said Trump, “is that these aren’t where you walk into a store and buy them.”

“Oh no,” replied Feinstein. “You can go into a store and you can buy an AR-15.”

“You can,” repeated Trump.

“You can buy a TEC-9, you can buy all these weapons,” said Feinstein.

Trump then said it was an issue to be solved by Manchin, Toomey and the rest of the group when they wrote the bill.

When Dianne Feinstein knows more about guns that you do, you're pretty pathetic...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 03-01-18 at 04:58 PM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 10:20 PM   #172
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Has anyone heard the or know the fine print of private sales requiring a background check any lawmakers are pushing, regarding gifting, inheritance? For instance, my brother buys me a gun for my birthday....

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 12:06 AM   #173
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I know the Great State of Maryland considers hand guns a regulated fire arm. They can not be gifted and I think that goes for private sales too nor can they be purchased on behalf of someone else. On the other hand most rifles and shotguns are not regulated in that way. Though when I purchased a Remington Model 870 for the wife the guy behind the counter at the sporting goods store I got it from warned me I couldn't gift it. I just smiled at'em, and said OK. Last gun show I went to was in South Carolina in 2001. I purchased a nice pre-import C&R Venezuelan Navy 7mm FN-49. Fairly easy thing to do, in fact maybe too easy. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more done about getting background checks at shows.

As far as POTUS thoughts on regulations go: "He called for a comprehensive gun control legislation that would expand background checks to weapons purchased at gun shows and on the internet, keep guns from mentally ill people, secure schools and restrict gun sales from some young adults. He even suggested a conversation on an assault weapons ban."

Its a good start but again he is not the dictator for life, so we'll see. An assault weapon ban is stupid as it goes after a weapons looks not their function. For instance the last one classified an AR-15 as one but not my FN-49 or K-43. The ban made no sense its purpose was simple to make the politicians look good. Its been said the last ban backfired on them so its unlikely we'll see another.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-01-18 at 09:52 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 12:38 AM   #174
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Yea, currently 38 states don't report about 70% of their convictions, getting the NRA claims 80 plus % and numerous sanctuary cities don't report criminal illegals, just as we see the issue with the Oakland mayor, in fact, I don't believe states are required to report to the national database. Not sure how we do a working database if states are required to do it, which will take funding and of course criminal action against politicians that don't enforce it willingly as in Oakland.

I think handguns are strictly regulated by most states by dealers. Here in NC and about 20 other states a minor can buy a long gun from a private person on their own, which would include the AR in most states that allow it. Obvious, there's no gun show loophole, it's just private sales which you see a lot of at gun shows, flea markets, online, etc.., but I've never had a dealer ask if I was gifting, like if I got my 20 year old son a gun, would he be required to do a check before he could take it as a gift....haha, no more hiding that as a xmas gift..

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 09:05 AM   #175
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

An interesting by line.

Concealed-carry permit holder flips the script, shoots and kills alleged carjacker

A man in Wisconsin shot another man named Carlos Martin after he attempted a car jacking. Both men were armed but the shooter protecting himself had a concealed gun carry license.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/concealed-...opstories.html
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 09:33 AM   #176
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
I said it before the 2016 Election, I said it after the election, and I'm saying it again: for all the 2nd Amendment people who think Trump is going to be their Great Defender, if push comes to shove and Trump needs to save his political ass, he will through the 2A under the bus:

President Trump keeps lawmakers guessing at gun meeting --

https://www.yahoo.com/news/president...234223042.html
The supporters of President Bedburgers must be so confused right now trying to figure out which side of the argument they're supposed to be on.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 10:25 AM   #177
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Maybe the Shifff Minion and his sycophant sidekick could find a forum that actually has Trump minions to troll. Psychologically and behaviorally you're exactly alike. The only noticeable difference really is you are polar opposites ideologically. They are out there you know, I just don't think you'll find them here. Here you guys are like watching some crazy dude having a contentious argument with a brick wall.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-01-18 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-01-18, 11:11 AM   #178
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Wacko's are even in the classrooms as teachers ...
so much for arming teachers

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/01...port-says.html

Quote:
A Georgia high school teacher who fired a gun in a classroom Wednesday previously told police he hired two friends to kill someone on his behalf, a report said.

Jesse Randall Davidson, 53, allegedly fired at least one shot inside a Dalton High School classroom, then barricaded himself inside until he surrendered to police. Davidson, a social studies teacher, is known as the “radio voice” during the school’s football and basketball games because of his play-by-lay announcements,
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 01:17 PM   #179
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Wacko's are even in the classrooms as teachers ...
so much for arming teachers

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/01...port-says.html

Yikes, that is one scary guy!
Old 03-01-18, 03:31 PM   #180
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Whiskey tango foxtrot over, are you kidding me? Makes me think about the title of a book I once read: Makes Me Wanna Holler!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8121e783b6fb

disclaimer: the book by Nathan McCall has absolutely nothing to do with the WP articles subject matter. Its just things like this remind me of the title.