Closed Thread

Old 09-27-18, 05:28 PM   #5431
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
I still think that Reagan has the record for most convictions in an administration, but that record is being challenged by Trump.
Yea those statistics are accurate. I did a little fact check and the Republicans win that contest.

M.Stanton Evans once said...

Quote:
“We have two parties here, and only two. One is the evil party, and the other is the stupid party. ... I'm very proud to be a member of the stupid party. ... Occasionally, the two parties get together to do something that's both evil and stupid. That's called bipartisanship.”
I believe that the reason for the difference is simple. The reason why there have been so many felony convictions in Republican administrations is 'the stupid party'. Stupid is as stupid does. The reason why there have been less felony convictions in Democratic administrations is....'the stupid party'. Stupid is as stupid does.

As for the 'evil party'.... well they still are. The Kavanaugh confirmation hearings are a shining example of that.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 09-28-18, 06:29 AM   #5432
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Republicans are pushing to vote on President Donald Trump's nominee for the US Supreme Court on Friday, after hearing dramatic testimony from him and a woman accusing him of sexual assault.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45674139

I do appreciate the potential seriousness of the above but having spent a few hours watching the hearing 'live' on the UK news channels, is this not beginning to look like a circus?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-18, 08:26 AM   #5433
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

This was nothing more than a political stunt from the get-go.
Old 09-28-18, 09:09 AM   #5434
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Well, it's she said/he said. No one knows who's right and who's wrong. That's why it would be important to have an investigation of some sort.

One thing about Kavanaugh's testimony yesterday feels off to me, and that is his own admission that he did drink 'too much' at times, but when questioned thoroughly about basically did he ever not remember what he had done the previous night his answer was: no.

As someone who has drunk 'too much' in more than fifty one occasion, that not having any memory loss seems a bit strange. Maybe it's a cultural difference in definition or something, but that really felt contradictory. How can you drink 'too much', yet still remember everything next morning, isn't that just normal drinking? Not one time did he lose memory because of drinking 'too much'?
Old 09-28-18, 09:34 AM   #5435
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The actors and jesters are here,
the stage is in darkness and clear,
we're raising the curtain
and no-one's quite certain whose play it is.

That in such a confused situation such a controversial candidate should get pushed through early only because looming elections may threaten the majority to push him through shows how deeply corrupted the whole situation and the whole system is. This does not only illustrate the deep polarization and hostility between both camps, but also how damaged the whole system already is. With the greatest(tm) Pussygrabber of the United States having a clear interest in the lead act. Whats the saying - birds of same feather flock together; and: dog don't eat dog.

The character and integrity of the candidate is in seriosu quesiton and must be investigated over the allegations. How could one vote on him right now before anyone knowing anything? Some obviously do not care for the allegations being true maybe, and they do not care for having a sexual assaulter in a high ranking office. Which only shows how "kaputt" their political goals and understandings are.

Its all corrupted, on all levels, the whole thing, and beyond.

Kaputt, kaputt, kaputt.
Old 09-28-18, 09:51 AM   #5436
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

This history making moment is out of our hands gentlemen ...

One of the participates in the confirmation hearings, for the next Supreme Court Justice, is lying and one of them is telling the truth.

All things are spiritual only one side can win ...

God shall not be mocked
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 09-28-18, 10:27 AM   #5437
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The character and integrity of the candidate is in seriosu quesiton and must be investigated over the allegations. How could one vote on him right now before anyone knowing anything? Some obviously do not care for the allegations being true maybe, and they do not care for having a sexual assaulter in a high ranking office. Which only shows how "kaputt" their political goals and understandings are.
Exactly. Documents have been given to the senate judiciary committee, it shouldn't take too long for authorities to look over them and decide, if there is need for a more thorough investigation. But no, once again the Republicans show they don't care.

Neither we nor the SJC know who is speaking the truth, yet no investigation, even the briefest, is allowed.

Then there's Avenatti's clients who also say Kavanaugh wasn't as clean as he seems. Yes, yes, 'certain' news sources paint Avennatti as a showboat etc. but he sure is right about awful lot of things.
Old 09-28-18, 11:25 AM   #5438
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Everything you say about Kavanaugh is true. In "normal" times, there would be a hold while the allegations are investigated and/or another nominee would be put forward, but these are not "normal" times.

Democrats have used every procedural trick to delay/block every nominee put forward by Trump and that have already stated that if they win control of the Senate, they will block any other Supreme Court appointment until after the 2020 election. So the political calculus by the GOP is confirm Kavanaugh now or risk that they cannot get another appointment through until 2021.

Despite all the moral high ground claimed by both sides, this is just raw power politics, nothing else.
Old 09-28-18, 11:28 AM   #5439
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Exactly. Documents have been given to the senate judiciary committee, it shouldn't take too long for authorities to look over them and decide, if there is need for a more thorough investigation. But no, once again the Republicans show they don't care.

Neither we nor the SJC know who is speaking the truth, yet no investigation, even the briefest, is allowed.

Then there's Avenatti's clients who also say Kavanaugh wasn't as clean as he seems. Yes, yes, 'certain' news sources paint Avennatti as a showboat etc. but he sure is right about awful lot of things.
The problem here is a investigation has been done. Three people named by Ford have all been question under oath. Ford's best friend who was said to have been at the party said under oath this event never happened. It is nothing but a stalling tactic by the Dems.

At the end of the day Feinstein is to blame for this entire mess. July Feinstein received a letter from Ford. At that time charges should have been pressed on Kavanaugh(no statue of limitations where this event took place). At that time the process for Kavanugh and SCOTUS would have stopped. The Dems little problem solved. But no, Feinstein held on this "trump" card and pulled it out when Kavanaugh looked to be put into position of SCOTUS. Feinstein did not care about Ford. Ford said she is not a pawn when in fact she was made a pawn for Feinstein and friends political gain.

I have no doubt that something happened to Ford. The proof that it was Cavanaugh remains to be seen. This should have become a legal matter back in July when the letter appeared at Feinstein's office. It was not. It was used as weapon for later on if needed.

At this juncture, Ford's career and life is forever changed. Never should have happened. The letter was in confidence but leaked anyway. Kavanaugh career is destroyed in the national spotlight. Utter crap at the hands of Feinstein and friends. It is a circus. I feel sorry for Ford and what she was put through years ago and yesterday. I feel for Kavanaugh who has been railroad in the national spotlight. The entire chamber of idiots should be ashamed.

Good luck to the next potential SCOTUS nominee. He or she will be picked apart for age 1 day to present.
Old 09-28-18, 11:34 AM   #5440
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

if Kavanaugh does not go through and the GOP keeps control of the Senate, the next one on the list will likely be Amy Barrett.

As the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for, she is a lot more conservative than Kavanaugh...
Old 09-28-18, 11:38 AM   #5441
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
if Kavanaugh does not go through and the GOP keeps control of the Senate, the next one on the list will likely be Amy Barrett.

As the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for, she is a lot more conservative than Kavanaugh...
They will probably find Amy Barrett at the age of 7 spit on Billy in the playground. At such a young age the aggressiveness of Amy's nature was already manifesting. No to SCOTUS.

We, sir, are screwed by the hands of the lunatics in DC.
Old 09-28-18, 02:11 PM   #5442
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

After seeing this circus, I cannot for the life of me see why a person would want to go into politics at all anymore! Every bit of your life becomes public, not the good things you do, just the bad. And are blown way out of proportion!!

Al Capone
Old 09-28-18, 02:23 PM   #5443
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
The problem here is a investigation has been done. Three people named by Ford have all been question under oath. Ford's best friend who was said to have been at the party said under oath this event never happened. It is nothing but a stalling tactic by the Dems.
I thought this was a true statement by Judge Kavanaugh too, but seems it was lie. There has been no investigation and no sworn statements only Ford and Kavanaugh have been investigated.Some attorney's have submitted signed letters to the committee. Read this:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...committee.html

Kavanaugh Lied to the Judiciary Committee—Repeatedly

Quote:
None of the alleged witnesses, other than Ford and Kavanaugh, has been interviewed. Instead, the alleged witnesses have issued short statements of nonrecollection and have asked not to testify. The committee’s Republican majority, eager to brush the case aside, has accepted these statements and has refused to ask further questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
I have no doubt that something happened to Ford. The proof that it was Cavanaugh remains to be seen. This should have become a legal matter back in July when the letter appeared at Feinstein's office. It was not. It was used as weapon for later on if needed.
I agree, but how in the hell can the FBI investigate this attempted rape without a date or a month or an address even ... just the summer of 1982?

I think Dr Ford has left something out on purpose, but why has yet to be revealed. Could it be that she was actually raped by these two men and didn't want it to go public for personal reasons?

Ten (10) minutes (she said it was that long) is a long time to wrestle on a bed in a locked bedroom before she was able to fight them off and flee to another upstairs bathroom, but only three (3) people know if that is true and none of these three are talking.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 09-28-18, 03:06 PM   #5444
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

I want to see the reactions from the Democrats when their future nominee is faced with a multitude of accusations.

I wonder if they will be so believing when the accusations are made against their side.

I suspect not since all the women who accused Bill Clinton were "lying" and that Bill Clinton was presumed innocent unless evidence could be produced.

As the old saying goes: Where you stand depends on where you sit.
Old 09-28-18, 04:04 PM   #5445
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Two things that bother about the Kavanaugh testimony: twice he was asked, directly and simply, about having an FBI investigation into the charges and twice he gave non-answers; apparently, on the question of an actual, official investigations, Kavanaugh can't seem to simply say either yes or no...

One thing that bothers about Kavanughs 'thorough' vetting is the failure to access the more than 100,000 documents related to his service in the GW Bush Administration; if there is nothing there, then why hide it all?...

One very big difference between Kavanaugh and Ford: Ford has actually taken a polygraph test on the charges and passed; Kavanaugh, as with the idea of an FBI investigation, has either said nothing about his willingness to take a polygraph or has given vague, non-answers; if he has nothing to hide, why evade? I don't know about anyone else, but if I were in such a situation, and I was innocent, I would demand to take a polygraph just to put the issue to rest, Hell, I'd even take sodium pentothal, testify under hypnosis, whatever it took; I'd look at my opponents and say "Bring it on!!", not hide and snivel like Kavanaugh...

All this hiding and evading: whatever happened to the "Total Transparency" Trump promised when he said he'd "drain The Swamp"? Oh, I forgot; instead Trump decided to build his own "Huuuuger!!!" and worse swamp...

<O>

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter