SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-26-13, 11:07 AM   #61
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Indeed it is.

Much of it is common sense, but somehow common sense flies out the window when it is a game.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 11:17 AM   #62
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Common sense is hard to apply in a group. For proper positioning you need pretty good situational awareness as well. But the basics of 1 goes left, 2 goes right, covering multiple angles and positioning as to not block others; just that goes a long way and should be doable with a little coordination.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 11:28 AM   #63
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking of a two man team.

Think part of the problem is going away with ArmA 3, with the controls being so
much better, it's easier to look around and overall keep your SA.

Also, 21,000 posts. I feel warm and fuzzy.
Old 04-26-13, 02:39 PM   #64
Arclight
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Also, 21,000 posts. I feel warm and fuzzy.
You sure it's not the alcohol?

Old 08-11-13, 01:49 PM   #65
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Release set for September 12th.

One hour livestream from yesterday showing off the game:
Old 08-26-13, 04:04 PM   #66
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

For those of you that own Arma 3 and are in the development build the main island of Altis has been released today. A word of caution, you can get lag spikes in some of the large built-up areas.
Old 08-26-13, 06:33 PM   #67
Valantine
Planesman

Downloads: 22

I was getting 1 frame per 10 seconds on it, however dropping my visibility distance and object distance to 6000 and 3500 respectively fixed it up pretty well even in the built up parts: fustrating as I get a full 60fps on Stratis with it on 12000 and 6000, but I suppose lower settings is the price we pay for such a huge map in Altis - hopefully with some optimization before final release I'll be able to pop it up a little more again
V

ARMA 3 Co-Op Battalion Recruiting Worldwide
http://www.iijg53.com
Valantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 08:47 PM   #68
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valantine View Post
I was getting 1 frame per 10 seconds on it, however dropping my visibility distance and object distance to 6000 and 3500 respectively fixed it up pretty well even in the built up parts: fustrating as I get a full 60fps on Stratis with it on 12000 and 6000, but I suppose lower settings is the price we pay for such a huge map in Altis - hopefully with some optimization before final release I'll be able to pop it up a little more again
V
Yeah fingers crossed for some optimization with this new map. The lag is much worse when flying a chopper compared to on the ground, still all in all the map is awesome. Although with such a large map we could of done with the support trucks.
Old 09-12-13, 11:31 AM   #69
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

BI messed up big time.

As many of you are aware, today was supposed to be the release day for Arma 3. Well it really isn't. Bohemia Interactive was supposed to do the change taking Arma 3 from its Beta stage to full game with a 3.7 GB patch and instead gave us a tiny little less then 100 MB fix-it patch. That's right, no new content aside from a couple of multi-player missions. What is really bizarre is how some got the 3.7 gig patch and most didn't, and those who did where forced to re-install the game to get it to work properly again. This just seems so typical of game companies these days, they set a release date and then when the game comes out after months of waiting there are still major problems with the game that should of been fixed long before hand. I am extremely disappointed with Bohemia Interactive so much so that I think they should re-attach the word Beta to Arma 3 because that's what it still basically is.
Old 09-12-13, 12:30 PM   #70
Arclight
Navy Seal

It was supposed to release today? Ha. Might have to get some games going soon.

Old 09-12-13, 12:34 PM   #71
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg View Post
As many of you are aware, today was supposed to be the release day for Arma 3. Well it really isn't. Bohemia Interactive was supposed to do the change taking Arma 3 from its Beta stage to full game with a 3.7 GB patch and instead gave us a tiny little less then 100 MB fix-it patch. That's right, no new content aside from a couple of multi-player missions. What is really bizarre is how some got the 3.7 gig patch and most didn't, and those who did where forced to re-install the game to get it to work properly again. This just seems so typical of game companies these days, they set a release date and then when the game comes out after months of waiting there are still major problems with the game that should of been fixed long before hand. I am extremely disappointed with Bohemia Interactive so much so that I think they should re-attach the word Beta to Arma 3 because that's what it still basically is.
Could it be that people subscribed to the development branch of the beta had to update less of the game to catch up with the release version? I got a ~150 MB patch after being in the development branch and it seems to have updated to the release version.
Old 09-12-13, 12:55 PM   #72
Valantine
Planesman

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
Could it be that people subscribed to the development branch of the beta had to update less of the game to catch up with the release version? I got a ~150 MB patch after being in the development branch and it seems to have updated to the release version.
I believe this is correct: the ones not on the DEV mode only jsut got the armoured units, additional vehicles, UAV's and the Altis map today: those with DEV mode have had a close to final version for a little while!
V

ARMA 3 Co-Op Battalion Recruiting Worldwide
http://www.iijg53.com
Valantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-13, 01:15 PM   #73
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
That's most likely the case since most of the content for the full game was in the dev branch, but there is some content that was supposed to be released when the full game came out like the F-35 but instead that content will be added in later patches which is disappointing. If the content can't be added at release they should of said so before hand I would of had a much different reaction, but they didn't. And there is still a lot to be done about optimizing Altis too.
Old 09-12-13, 03:16 PM   #74
Arclight
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg View Post
That's most likely the case since most of the content for the full game was in the dev branch, but there is some content that was supposed to be released when the full game came out like the F-35 but instead that content will be added in later patches which is disappointing. If the content can't be added at release they should of said so before hand I would of had a much different reaction, but they didn't. And there is still a lot to be done about optimizing Altis too.
They did, about a month ago.

http://dev.arma3.com/sitrep-00021
Quote:
There has been a lot of talk within the community about the release package and assets perceived as missing, most notably more fixed-wing aircraft. We are planning to release more content in patches, besides the campaign itself.

Old 09-12-13, 03:18 PM   #75
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

I've got 3.5 GB downloading right now!