SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-07-13, 12:37 AM   #2161
Searaven
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

The mod enabler is giving me a conflict warning when going to activate RSRDC after TMO 2.5. Is this normal?

The TMO RSRDC is compatible with TMO 2.5, right?

Thanks in advance.
Searaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-13, 01:41 AM   #2162
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Yes, it is normal.

Oh, and welcome aboard!
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-13, 12:10 PM   #2163
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searaven View Post
The mod enabler is giving me a conflict warning when going to activate RSRDC after TMO 2.5. Is this normal?

The TMO RSRDC is compatible with TMO 2.5, right?

Thanks in advance.
Of course, mate! RSRDC overwrite many files in TMO 25. But it is compatible, no problem.

Welcome aboard and SINK'EM ALL!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 11:16 AM   #2164
zeus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 953

Is it necessary to apply the mod "Easier IA TMO 2.5" for the IA dds easier or applying the mods "Fixed_CD_sonar_RSRDC", "TMO_visuals_for RSRDC",etc.. or not necessary?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-13, 08:42 PM   #2165
larsonboram
Bosun

Downloads: 78
Default Failed to load up

Um...dunno if I'm doing this wrong but I only have RFB_2.0 on a V1.4 silent hunter 4 and I go to load it but then it doesn't get past the screen with the progress bar giving me alot of errors when I minimized.
larsonboram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-13, 08:33 AM   #2166
Leemon
Watch

Downloads: 47

Firstly big THANK YOU for all mods around here to make SH really impressive game.

Just wanned get some info, im sure its lurking around in forums, but till now I was not able to locate it. Seeing some stuff in game files, I wanna check with You how actually traffic mechanics working on SH4 and RSRDC mod. My questions are:

1. Does AI single (single merchants or warships) ships are generated by probability around You or they actually traveling a assigned routes?
a) what about convoys?
b) Task forces?
c) Planes

2. If using RSRDC mod, and i found a merchant, does other time with identical situation (same time and same place) Me or other person with other PC, but same RSRDC mod will also found him as same ship, heading same bearing and on same speed?
a) What about convoys?
b) Task Forces?
c) Planes

3. Can someone explain just basics of editing a ships traffic, just wanna know how it difficult is to edit a single ship traffic?
a) Editing convoy route?
b) Editing task force route?
c) Editing planes appearance?

4. Also creating new or editing existing one mission, for non campaign, how difficult it is?
a) For single payer mission...
b) For multi players mission

I would be really thankfull for time to answer these questions, which is already headache for some time with trying found out it my self
Leemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-13, 08:50 AM   #2167
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsonboram View Post
Um...dunno if I'm doing this wrong but I only have RFB_2.0 on a V1.4 silent hunter 4 and I go to load it but then it doesn't get past the screen with the progress bar giving me alot of errors when I minimized.
RFB 2.0 is not compatable to Silent Hunter patched to version 1.4.......only works with version 1.5 (either the Gold Edition, or the U-Boat Missions Add-on).

Always read the given documentation, or at least the mods "main" thread to learn what it works with. This thread we're posting in is the "main" thread for Run Silent, Run Deep Campaign (RSRDC).

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-13, 01:13 PM   #2168
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemon View Post
Firstly big THANK YOU for all mods around here to make SH really impressive game.

Just wanned get some info, im sure its lurking around in forums, but till now I was not able to locate it. Seeing some stuff in game files, I wanna check with You how actually traffic mechanics working on SH4 and RSRDC mod. My questions are:

1. Does AI single (single merchants or warships) ships are generated by probability around You or they actually traveling a assigned routes?
a) what about convoys?
b) Task forces?
c) Planes

2. If using RSRDC mod, and i found a merchant, does other time with identical situation (same time and same place) Me or other person with other PC, but same RSRDC mod will also found him as same ship, heading same bearing and on same speed?
a) What about convoys?
b) Task Forces?
c) Planes

3. Can someone explain just basics of editing a ships traffic, just wanna know how it difficult is to edit a single ship traffic?
a) Editing convoy route?
b) Editing task force route?
c) Editing planes appearance?

4. Also creating new or editing existing one mission, for non campaign, how difficult it is?
a) For single payer mission...
b) For multi players mission

I would be really thankfull for time to answer these questions, which is already headache for some time with trying found out it my self
90% Groups in RSRD are fixed groups, simply they always spawn once, follow the exact same course, speed, etc., to maintain historical realism. When building any group, you have a number of parameters and percentages that determine the make up of the group, spawn instances, generic ships. RSRD basically uses 100% probabilites and spawns groups once., except for sub hunting groups, planes, etc.. RSRD is historic, the only downside is groups have no random factors, so once you learn the traffic, you can always find it in the same place.

Explaining the basics of editing is difficult. There is a manual somewhere explaining how to use the ME. It's not that difficult, but it does take time to learn what each setting does.

Be warned making changes with the ME to RSRD can mess it up if you start making changes to the wrong groups as stated in the RSRD doc. You don't want to make changes to group properties to RSRD using the ME, change courses, etc. He did a lot of hand editing outside the ME, so the wrong changes can screw things up. It's not that you can't make changes, you just have to follow the same protocol he used.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 01:37 PM   #2169
Leemon
Watch

Downloads: 47

Thanks mate, that is more less what i needed to know
Leemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 01:40 PM   #2170
Father Goose
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 59

Sorry, I had a recent computer crash and purchased new computer.
Loaded clean install of SH4 Gold 1.5

To be clear a good JSMGE load order is:
1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Convoy Routes TMO+RSRD

I had accidentally added RSRDC v550 which is the stock version not TMO.
This version obviously overwrites some TMO files.
Question is when I use JSGME to deactivate the mods to correct this, do I need to place a fresh version of TMO 2.5 in the mod folder or will the original file unchanged by v550 be available?

By the way, any other mods recommended? OTC?

Thanks
Father Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-13, 06:50 AM   #2171
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

JSGME does not write to the /Mods folder. It copies from the Mods folder to the /Data file and its subtree. It saves a copy of every file it over-writes in /Mods/!BACKUP!. When it uninstalls, it replaces the uninstalled file in /Data with the saved backup. Everything in your /Mods folder remains exactly as you put it there. The copy of TMO v2.5 in the /Mods folder should be just fine.

But it is onlythe work of a second to click on your copy of the zipped TMO file you downloaded and then drag the unzipped file from WinZip to your /Mods folder. Of course, you did save the download, didn't you?
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-13, 03:33 PM   #2172
Father Goose
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 59

Yes, copy of download saved. Thanks for the detailed explanation. Well done and appreciated.

Also after reading CapnScurvy's recommendation, backup of almost prestine SH4 folder acquired...but after a few JSMGE transfers. Rats! I transferred mods out of JSGME then made copy of SH4 folder in case of future corruption. Don't know if the few transfers would have messed up the original folder, hope not.

Thanks all for your help.
Father Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-13, 07:45 AM   #2173
airsangel
Loader

Downloads: 215

hello captains...im having major problem with rsrd for tmo...though i enjoy the mod..it seems like i have to search for the major battles and operations...why in the campaign mode i dont get assigned to participate in major ones like midway or coral sea operation always assigned to patrol somewhere so far away so when i reach there a battle happens behind me...like example going to china sea reached there sank 2 tankers and battle of midway was happening ..i want to go sink some heavy japanese cruisers or carriers ?
hope u understand what i mean.... or is the answer just to neglect assignments and go search for battles
airsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-13, 08:24 AM   #2174
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsangel View Post
hello captains...im having major problem with rsrd for tmo...though i enjoy the mod..it seems like i have to search for the major battles and operations...why in the campaign mode i dont get assigned to participate in major ones like midway or coral sea operation always assigned to patrol somewhere so far away so when i reach there a battle happens behind me...like example going to china sea reached there sank 2 tankers and battle of midway was happening ..i want to go sink some heavy japanese cruisers or carriers ?
hope u understand what i mean.... or is the answer just to neglect assignments and go search for battles
Yea, sometimes you assigned to zones where you dont get the main actions when you think you should.Think it perhaps it was for realism sake, you wont always be in on the big actions and sub war was mostly separated from the big fleet actions.Also depends on the dates, also depends on date/flotilla.Great thing about RSRD is it does not penalize you, it authorizes you to hunt outside your area "if units are encountered" . I had trouble with RSRD initially.My advice is to open the Mission Editor, open up RSRD, look at the file Battle of Midway for example, can get an idea of the area you need to be in or if you want to ensure you are there, get the coordinates etc.

I recently neglected an assignment.September 1942 with a Narwhal class, I was ordered to Tokyo to patrol while all the Guadalcanal action was happening, so I headed for the Solomons.Witnssed Battle of Santa Cruz Islands, Cape Esperance, Battleship fight at Gauadalcanal on November 13, and the next one on November 14/15.Then I headed home after 60 days on patrol.

RSRD is great in it recreates battles in rather accurate manner.Tougher in early war also because you dont have radar, so not as easy to find them.Stumbling across them in the wide open ocean is about how it was in RL, mostly luck.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 05:14 AM   #2175
airsangel
Loader

Downloads: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Yea, sometimes you assigned to zones where you dont get the main actions when you think you should.Think it perhaps it was for realism sake, you wont always be in on the big actions and sub war was mostly separated from the big fleet actions.Also depends on the dates, also depends on date/flotilla.Great thing about RSRD is it does not penalize you, it authorizes you to hunt outside your area "if units are encountered" . I had trouble with RSRD initially.My advice is to open the Mission Editor, open up RSRD, look at the file Battle of Midway for example, can get an idea of the area you need to be in or if you want to ensure you are there, get the coordinates etc.

I recently neglected an assignment.September 1942 with a Narwhal class, I was ordered to Tokyo to patrol while all the Guadalcanal action was happening, so I headed for the Solomons.Witnssed Battle of Santa Cruz Islands, Cape Esperance, Battleship fight at Gauadalcanal on November 13, and the next one on November 14/15.Then I headed home after 60 days on patrol.

RSRD is great in it recreates battles in rather accurate manner.Tougher in early war also because you dont have radar, so not as easy to find them.Stumbling across them in the wide open ocean is about how it was in RL, mostly luck.
thanks alot..and yes i will leave the patrol area !!.i did find 2 carriers once by luck as you said
airsangel is offline   Reply With Quote