SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-14, 09:42 PM   #106
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

I just recently discovered this mod, and concur it is a work of art.

One possible flaw I'm trying to chase down - fog and haze. Realistic, but is it overdone? Three Asiatic patrols and it seems like it's foggy all the time, and playing with manual targeting and no map contacts is near impossible - for IFF you have to confirm it's not an allied ship before sinking it, and in too many cases I have to get within 300 yards before I can identify what flag it's flying.

What I'd like to do is tweak that a bit, make the visibility minimum closer to 1000 yards rather than 200, and make really dense fog happen less often. Only file I can find that might affect that is data\Shaders\Clouds\CloudsVS.fx and that one appears to be identical to stock. Scene.dat has a diffuse color and specular lighting numbers, but no other data which would affect frequency or density that I can find. Anyone know how to thin out the fog/haze and get a higher percentage of clear visibility?
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-14, 06:31 PM   #107
depthtok33l
Sparky

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0

Anyone know if this is compatible with Traveler's Mod?
depthtok33l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-14, 12:29 PM   #108
HertogJan
Weps

Downloads: 137

in short...

Yes I do and no its not.

Traveler Mod changed so much in those files it 'll messup his intent

Edit:

Long version...
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210571
HertogJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-14, 08:05 AM   #109
bybyx
Ensign

Downloads: 942

Could i use safely only the ISE Realistic Colours mod without using the main mod?
bybyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 09:00 PM   #110
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by depthtok33l View Post
Anyone know if this is compatible with Traveler's Mod?
I never like the env in Travs mod, mainly night, which he tuned for closer surface attacks. I also don't like the almost solid cloud shaders. Not sure what all files ISE does, but I never had a problem just making a copy of TMO's env, cloud shaders and scene dat as a mod to run over it. I also use my own env over it, which is basically TMO, just killed the blue and changed water color and made my own night env for closer surface attacks..

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-14, 01:58 PM   #111
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Could you pulblish your environment mod? Or instructions for it? Really I don´t like the intense blue of TMO 25 env. For now, I use FOTRS v13 enviro in my installation.

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-14, 09:57 PM   #112
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Downloads: 233
Default Is version V2 foggier than V3?

I'm using (and pretty much loving) version 2 but I seem to get an awful lot of days with what weather conditions report as light fog. Light fog is thick enough that I can't lock on big merchant ships like Liberty ships at 1000 meters when they're right in front of me. Course they can't see me either so my deck gun is getting a LOT of work.

Will version 3 be any different in this regard?
I'm not complaining per se because it's sort of giving me a way to practice manual targeting of torpedoes. Provided I rely on sound contacts for all my data and get an appropriate speed and range I CAN score successful hits by manually entering all the targeting data.
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig
Havan_IronOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 03:09 AM   #113
Caustic
Torpedoman

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 6

Good to see this mod is going strong. I'm not sure what I changed along the way but I can't seem to find the setting that controls weathers and what not.

I have decided to recompile the mod in a different way. It seems something I borrowed from Real Environment Mod has been causing the foggy weahter. This new version is being bug-tested and is WIP.
You can always use the Realistic Colors or TMO/RFB compatible module by itself, this will provide you with a different atmosphere without changing the sea dynamics and weather.

The next version will be more comprehensive and will include various textures for land and sky along with the now-ancient updated fire effects/oil that are included in TMO and RFB for use in Stock SH4 1.5. Over the years, I have steadily moved away from mega-mods due to the lack of customization. Now the player has the choice of just having a better environment and nothing more. I run this mod all the time for personal use. It's quite immersive and the color palette is based on the vanilla atmosphere, which is really the only one that looks good in the engine. In my opinion, in contrast to the bright blue of TMO and Real Environment Mod. You will also have the ability to toggle the grain filter as I found that it improves the atmosphere of the ISE color palette. All prior mods have removed this for various reasons.

As well, there will be a total conversion mod for TMO/RFB/etc that brings the full experience of ISE to that user-base. I run ISE+Post-Process with GFO/RSRDC and this is what I recommend for the ideal experience in SH4 for the casual player.

Take care

Last edited by Caustic; 01-04-15 at 03:49 AM.
Caustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 03:20 PM   #114
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic View Post
New Moon Texture

I just feel the need to comment on the moon phases (not sure if it was already mentioned anywhere before) but ...

the moon phases should look like this if you want it to look accurate and realistic: http://ganymede.nmsu.edu/tharriso/as...oon_phases.jpg
Old 01-05-15, 03:29 PM   #115
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
I just feel the need to comment on the moon phases (not sure if it was already mentioned anywhere before) but ...

the moon phases should look like this if you want it to look accurate and realistic: http://ganymede.nmsu.edu/tharriso/as...oon_phases.jpg
Wait wha.... ya mean we went fer nuthin?? Great post!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-15, 06:44 PM   #116
Caustic
Torpedoman

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 6
Per request, for Armistead. He wanted realistic Pacific reflections. Screenshot taken during mid-morning, sunsets are even more spectacular. No post-process or image filter.

Old 02-13-15, 09:46 PM   #117
Jax von May
Sailor man

Downloads: 213
Default It works with OM

OM (720 with patch)
From OMEGU, take Med Env
Then this one, +ISE 1and 2

it works

Quote:
Improved Stock Environment v3

Changes the water and sky mechanics of the stock environment to create a more realistic ocean environment that respects the original atmosphere of the game(SH 1.4/1.5). JSGME compatible. Scene.dat file modified from Real Environment Mod. ISE is compatible with TMO and RFB, just ensure that ISE is installed after your mod of choice. Improved Stock Environment is compatible with RSRDC.

As of version 3, the mod is officially compatible with TMO and RFB, just make sure to download the appropriate version.

Improved Stock Environment(ISE) v3
by Caustic and Traveller (Clouds v1.1)
-----------------------------------------
-New textures for in-game effects(Fog,Smoke,fire,Explosions,Debris, and Seafoam)
-Enhanced sky and cloud textures
-New water textures
-Added realistic moon texture with new shader
-Improved ship wakes with high resolution textures
-Reduced the amount of underwater impurities for cleaner visibility
-Increased the amount of debris from destroyed ships
-Added realistic environmental and sub sounds
-Greatly reduced the stock lightshafts for a more realistic appearence
-The sky is now visible from underwater
-Replaced stock terrain textures
-Modified env color file to provide more realistic night environments
-Reduced the size of underwater seaplants

Installation

-Extract to Generic Mod Enabler folder
or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\Data

New Moon Texture

Screenshots
-----------------------------------------------------

TMO + Improved Stock Environment

Download Links

Improved Stock Environment v3 - TMO&RFB

This is most likely the final version of this mod. As usual, the thread is open for comments and such; I hope you enjoy what I feel is the best that SH4 can offer in terms of immersion and realism.

Optional Mods
#1 ISE New clouds+Waves
#2 ISE Realistic Colors

These mods must be installed after Improved Stock Environment v3.
Jax von May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-15, 08:24 AM   #118
Mike_Room
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 23

Quote:

Changes the water and sky mechanics of the stock environment to create a more realistic ocean environment that respects the original atmosphere of the game(SH 1.4/1.5). JSGME compatible. Scene.dat file modified from Real Environment Mod. ISE is compatible with TMO and RFB, just ensure that ISE is installed after your mod of choice. Improved Stock Environment is ....
Hi Caustic,

I've downloaded your mod and there are two questions.

1.) the waves are moving too fast, they are kind of dancing
2.) with the cameraview, I see in many angles a pattern

Can I resolve those issues?

please answer in simple english, because I'm not a natural speaker, thanks in advance

mfg
mike
Mike_Room is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 01:52 PM   #119
SSI01
Loader

Downloads: 56

Greetings all.

I've installed ISE v3 plus the two enhancements into my SH4 V1.4, with OTC for 1.4. There is an immediate improvement in the quality of the graphics. I was in Hawaii from 1995-1999 and I can assure you Caustic has captured the deep cobalt blue of the sea around that island perfectly.

I have an issue with the water that I'm hoping I can clear up quickly and easily. I have my graphics set for high detail on the water and am getting what I can only describe as a grainy sparkle off the water and its reflection at close range - when one looks farther out it sort of blurs into a layer of graininess. I'm also getting some small "splotching" of various colors (reds, greens, blues) on the surface of the conning tower at close range, also on the deck gratings in the control room. Is there a way to filter this stuff out?
SSI01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-15, 04:32 AM   #120
bybyx
Ensign

Downloads: 942

Any news about the mod?
bybyx is offline   Reply With Quote