Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-19, 11:11 AM   #8866
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
A firm awarded a government contract to provide extra ferry services has used website terms and conditions apparently intended for a takeaway food firm.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46748193

Moving on...

Quote:
Brexit news latest: Major blow to Theresa May as EU confirms no further meetings on deal

A spokeswoman for European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker said the leaders of the remaining 27 countries "have been very clear" that what is on the table "will not be renegotiated".
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a4029831.html

Don' tell Maybot it will not compute.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 01-03-19 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-04-19, 06:25 AM   #8867
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
DUP: There is no way we will vote for Theresa May's Brexit deal

The prime minister's government partners deliver a hammer blow with less than two weeks to go until the final vote.
https://news.sky.com/story/dup-there...-deal-11598488

Is it game over and run away, the clock is ticking the vote must be made for or against in days to come.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 01-04-19, 08:52 AM   #8868
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Taoiseach (Irish PM) Leo Varadkar said he held a 40-minute phone call with German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Thursday morning at her request.

He said they agreed to offer reassurances and guarantees to the UK, but would not change the existing deal.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46751274
Put them in writing then.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-04-19, 06:41 PM   #8869
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
A petition calling for leaders' TV debates to become a "regular fixture" during general elections is to be discussed in Parliament.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46746019

No one really gives a toss about this shower. Just a wast of air time as they spout hot air and strut around like a peacock vote for me and you be free. Naff off I rather watch a good movie.

Old 01-05-19, 07:01 AM   #8870
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
There is "no way" the Democratic Unionist Party will back Theresa May's Brexit deal, a leading figure has said.

Sammy Wilson told the BBC he was "more alarmed" than ever about what the deal would mean for Northern Ireland.

The DUP, which props up Theresa May's government, has held talks with the PM in recent days as she tries to persuade MPs to back the deal later this month.

The PM is seeking further legal assurances from the EU but it has said negotiations will not be re-opened.

The UK is due to leave the EU on 29 March 2019.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46757459
The vote due in less than two weeks already looks dead in the water.

So, unless there is a swift change of mind by MPs on both sides of the house and no last minute concessions from the EU it would appear the UK will leave the EU without a deal or maybe even decide to remain

Old 01-05-19, 07:07 AM   #8871
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...le-hard-border

Please, not again

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 01-05-19, 07:10 AM   #8872
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ Hopefully not Kai.

Old 01-05-19, 09:33 AM   #8873
STEED
Lucky Jack

I would place my bet on staying in the EU and just to calm down a little but not much the extreme brexit mob there will be a excuse. What that will be don't ask me I'm not the government.

Old 01-06-19, 07:11 AM   #8874
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Theresa May has said the Commons vote on her Brexit deal will "definitely" go ahead next week as she vowed to redouble her efforts to win MPs round.

She said she would set out new measures on Northern Ireland and look at giving MPs more say in shaping negotiations over future trade relations.

Warning of "uncharted" territory if MPs rejected the deal, she declined to rule out holding more than one vote.

But one Tory Brexiteer said support for a no-deal exit was "hardening".

And a poll carried out for the People's Vote campaign suggests fewer than one in four voters support the prime minister's Brexit deal.

The UK is due to leave the EU on 29 March 2019.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46772601
@Sky...I'm beginning to come round to your earlier comments in the sense that I suspect this bugga has an alternative agenda and may (no pun intended) actually have planned this mess on purpose to satisfy her own preferred end game.

Old 01-07-19, 12:04 PM   #8875
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Theresa May has said she is working on getting further assurances from the European Union so she can win the Commons vote on her Brexit deal.

The PM said that after delaying the vote last month, there was "some further movement from the EU" at December's European Council.

She said further measures would be set out ahead of the vote, which government sources say is set for 15 January.

However, the EU Commission has said there will be no renegotiation.

A spokesman said "everything on the table has been approved and... the priority now is to await events" in the UK.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46784643
She is waisting her time and energy......wait until she loses the Commons vote on 15th and then the EU will reconsider if it so chooses.

Old 01-07-19, 06:08 PM   #8876
STEED
Lucky Jack

Once again tonight the EU has stated no more nogations its over. I am getting bloody fed up with MayBot's lack of understanding what this means.

Old 01-08-19, 10:15 AM   #8877
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Anna Soubry: Speaker urges police to tackle MP harassment
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46789601

I'm no fan of Soubry and find her tiresome but for a bunch of loony brexiteers to call her a Nazi they show themselves up, try reading some books on the ere you morons.

As for the Speaker it seems a bit rich coming from him as he has been in the dog house on more than one occasion for his comments.

BREXIT

Quote:
PM faces Commons defeat which could shut down her government
We have a government! There was I thinking it was a bunch of clowns running the country.

Quote:
Senior Conservative and Labour MPs have joined forces in an attempt to stop a "no-deal" Brexit.

Tory MP Nicky Morgan and Labour's Yvette Cooper have tabled an amendment to the Finance Bill which would limit the government's spending powers in the event of the UK leaving the European Union without a deal.
https://news.sky.com/story/pm-faces-...nment-11601611

Last edited by STEED; 01-08-19 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-08-19, 12:18 PM   #8878
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The mayor of Ostend has told the BBC the Belgian port will not be ready for a new ferry line in time for Brexit.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46799136
I'd have thought it already obvious that neither side of the Channel will be ready in time.

Old 01-08-19, 02:44 PM   #8879
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
MPs have backed measures designed to thwart preparations for a no-deal Brexit, by defeating the government in the House of Commons.

They backed an amendment to the Finance Bill, which would limit spending on no-deal preparations unless authorised by Parliament, by 303 to 296 votes.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46803112
The PM faces yet another Commons vote defeat and this time it was twenty of her own MP's who refused to back her.

When will this woman get the message and stop being so stubborn?

Old 01-08-19, 04:29 PM   #8880
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Put them in writing then.
Not relevant whether reassurances are agreed on in spoken word of writing. Its legally not binding. It just does not matter.
Quote:
When will this woman get the message and stop being so stubborn?
She has cornered herself and cant get out. She has no other option anymore than to stick to the drivel she started. Her last and final mistake was that she signed that agreement with the EU on the negotiated stuff. This was what finalised it from the EU's point of view, happily closing the door - the EU got all what it wanted.

On May's defence it has to be said that she never had any realistic chance to get anything more than just this what was agreed to by the EU. All this British thinklign and talking about negotiating with the EU and negotiating a deal and getting specila status and German car makers and Merkel coming to the rescue, were self-deceptions from day one on.

One could have skipped the whole negotiating part completely already two years ago. The EU wanted to execute an intimidating example, and the EU is getting what it wanted form all beginning on. May had no chance. That she additionally suffers from a serious case of reality denial nevertheless, did not make a difference, but is a note-worthy point for the hisotry books' appendices.

Tags
british, politics