SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-13-12, 06:40 PM   #3661
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renegade View Post

I get back from a pretty amazing patrol. Get offered a conning tower upgrade. well actually it's FORCED on me, but that's fine. When I get it, I realize ALL my equipment has been taken off and the deck gun mount has been switched from stern to bow. Which I thought was IMPOSSIBLE for Gar and Tambor's, under TMO rules. What's more is that my beloved super special Admiral bestowed 5-inch 51 caliber gun is NO longer available. Because you can only mount it on the STERN. I'd have to pay to put a 4 incher on the bow...
:
Well, you got me there. I just looked at the associated files, and id don't see how that was possible. I can only hope your install wasn't a clean one, cause I can't find any error on my part in the files.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-12, 08:14 PM   #3662
The Renegade
Mate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Hello sir! Now before I say anything else I REALLY really don't want to come across as an ungrateful wretch, cause I'm not. I love this game to death, I love your mod even MORE, and I mean...well I'm at a loss for words. SHIV, Trigger Maru, they MAKE me want to get out there on a submarine! Navy time! And then I think about it and I decide maybe it's best to keep that more of a um, vicarious experience for now

SO! Anywho. I'm more frustrated with SHIV really. It's that same buggy base of a game, ah well. This particular deck gun switcheroo does NOT seem TMO related as far as I can tell. I haven't had a single problem since I installed TMO 2.5, outside of the weird stock bugs. I mean the game runs leaps and bounds better WITH Trigger Maru enabled, so eh. It just seemed like such a colossal mixup, one that YOU addressed directly with your modifications, that I thought SHIV was just havin it's way with me again.

Now that you bring it up, maybe it's not a 100% clean install. Well, I installed SHIV clean enough, but then I tried out RSRDC. I disabled that after a bit (all using JSGME) and started a new campaign and wiped the slate clean a bit, but I dunno, maybe lingering values from RSRDC?

I MIGHT already know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway-- If I disable TMO 2.5 with JSGME and re-enable it again, will my current career survive? I'm in port currently, if that helps. In any case, I'll do some more reading and tinkering and see what happens.

*Also out of curiosity, if I've messed up the files somehow, what file might I take a peek at to restrict the Gar and Tambor boats to stern guns only? IF you know off the top of your head. Thanks again sir
Old 01-13-12, 09:31 PM   #3663
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Well, you got me there. I just looked at the associated files, and id don't see how that was possible. I can only hope your install wasn't a clean one, cause I can't find any error on my part in the files.
Ducimus, sir, my "install" was done as follows;
I used JSGME to remove all MODs from a TMO 2.1 version. I then installed TMO 2.5 from what was left, hopefully, a clean SHIV 1.5.
I then added MODs as follows;
3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1280x)
Bigger Better Protractors
Map Colour Scheme 3
MaxOptics IV for TMO_2
TGT AOB TO PK FIX - TMO
Convoy Routes TMO 2.0
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4
Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_TMO2
TMO Easier AI for TMO2.5

I made my own version of the TMO Easier AI for TMO (named it "for TMO 2.5") MOD by removing AI_Visual_Sensors.dat, since your 2.5 already "eased" the visual sensors. I tried to fix my campaign as The Beast suggested but couldn't do it so I abandoned that career and started another from June '42. This issue with the gun is the only "problem" I've encountered and that has not diminished my high regard for your MOD. My posting was only to share what happened and in no way to be critical of your work. Perhaps someone will find an explaintion.
Old 01-14-12, 03:38 PM   #3664
danurve
The Old Man

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 3
Greetings; I've been on a SH hiatus for some time. Haven't played since tmo 1.9 but figgured it's maybe time to reinstall and give a go with the fleetboats. So can anyone point me to a version of MaxOptics that will be compatible with tmo 2.5?
Thank you.
Old 01-14-12, 05:01 PM   #3665
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danurve View Post
Greetings; I've been on a SH hiatus for some time. Haven't played since tmo 1.9 but figgured it's maybe time to reinstall and give a go with the fleetboats. So can anyone point me to a version of MaxOptics that will be compatible with tmo 2.5?
Thank you.
MaxOptics IV for TMO_2 in the Downloads.
Old 01-14-12, 09:46 PM   #3666
LaserSailor
Nub

Downloads: 33

I'm having a CTD after flipping through the first few pages of the Japanese recognition manual. It's a 100% failure rate so far. I'm going to try a few things, but does anyone have any ideas?
LaserSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 02:40 AM   #3667
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserSailor View Post
I'm having a CTD after flipping through the first few pages of the Japanese recognition manual. It's a 100% failure rate so far. I'm going to try a few things, but does anyone have any ideas?
Could be a bad image texture.
The Recognition manual list ships in desending order.
What ship is displayed just prior to CTD?
Now go to data\Sea folders and locate the folder for the last ship that displayed correctly.
The next ship folder that is in the Japan Roster is location to check for bad recognition manual texture.

Also, what is your system specs?
OS - 32bit/64bit
System RAM

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 01-15-12 at 02:53 AM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 05:59 AM   #3668
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Ducimus, sir, my "install" was done as follows;
I used JSGME to remove all MODs from a TMO 2.1 version. I then installed TMO 2.5 from what was left, hopefully, a clean SHIV 1.5.
I then added MODs as follows;
3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1280x)
Bigger Better Protractors
Map Colour Scheme 3
MaxOptics IV for TMO_2
TGT AOB TO PK FIX - TMO
Convoy Routes TMO 2.0
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4
Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_TMO2
TMO Easier AI for TMO2.5

I made my own version of the TMO Easier AI for TMO (named it "for TMO 2.5") MOD by removing AI_Visual_Sensors.dat, since your 2.5 already "eased" the visual sensors. I tried to fix my campaign as The Beast suggested but couldn't do it so I abandoned that career and started another from June '42. This issue with the gun is the only "problem" I've encountered and that has not diminished my high regard for your MOD. My posting was only to share what happened and in no way to be critical of your work. Perhaps someone will find an explaintion.
A clean install of of SH4 is recommended to avoid issues, CTDs, and other possible anomolies. Removing all the mods, even with JSGME, is not a clean install. Removing all the mods, then uninstalling SH4, and deleting the SH4 folder in My Documents, and I use one last thing, is Regedit to remove SH4 remnants from the registry.

That will let you install a "clean" installation of SH4.

Anything else, can be probmatic, as you don't know what may happen, so just bare that in mind when playing the game he way you have it set up.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 12:59 PM   #3669
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

I just keep a clean data folder saved and use it when I load a updated supermod.
Armistead is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 10:42 PM   #3670
LaserSailor
Nub

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Could be a bad image texture.
The Recognition manual list ships in desending order.
What ship is displayed just prior to CTD?
Now go to data\Sea folders and locate the folder for the last ship that displayed correctly.
The next ship folder that is in the Japan Roster is location to check for bad recognition manual texture.

Also, what is your system specs?
OS - 32bit/64bit
System RAM
It happens right when I try to go right past the Kong class, or left on the first one. No other bugs so far (4 patrols with manual targeting off). I'll look into what you mentioned.

I'm running Win 7 64 bit
4 GB RAM
LaserSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 04:58 PM   #3671
The Renegade
Mate

Downloads: 12

SOOOO all you TMO cap'n crunchers, I've got a bit of an update on my deck gun problem.

After MUCH searching the forums and foolin around in the files I discovered how to fix a random "Conning Tower Upgrade equipment switcheroo" bug. Yes that's what I'm calling it I still haven't found out WHY I got all these problems, but fixing them is PRETTY easy, more or less. Once you know where to look and what to type, it's just some simple text editing and filling in the blank really

SO! To the other guy having a similar equipment problem with the conning tower upgrade. You've got to go into the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc file in your SaveGame data folder and do some work. Make sure it's your most current savegame file. Now, I went into a couple other DIFFERENT files to get some other info, but all the "fixing" is done in this particular file. Basically, you're gonna equip and unequip your modules from this file. Make sure you're in port too, I think that's key.

Edit-- This only deals with the deck gun, as that one's probably the hardest to get working right. With the OTHER equipment like radar, I found that buying it back again is easy and definitely works. You CAN also add your lost equipment using a similar method as this, PM me for details though. Long enough post as it is haha

Use the Find function by searching for the first line of this entry or probably just SternDeckGun to locate this block of text:
Code:
[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.WeaponSlot 1]
ID=SternDeckGun
NameDisplayable=Aft Deck Gun Mount
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=NULL
UserCustomizable=No
IDLinkBunker=GunsAmmoBunker
ExternalNodeName3D=M02
ExternalObjectName3D=NULL
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D=-1
IDLinkWeaponLoaded=5in51calUS, NULL
I've bolded the important part. In your file, if you're still stuck with the bow deck gun, that bolded part will say NULL instead. You need to replace that NULL with the correct deck gun you want on the stern. For example, the 5in51calUS, 3in50calUS, or 4in50calUS. For the time being, I'll be using the 5in51 cal for reference. Cause that's what mine was anyway

Now that you've replaced that NULL, you need to create a new entry after this one. For the 51 cal, it's this one. Otherwise, you can find all these entries in a separate file in the SH4 data-- the name escapes me at the moment.

Following entry:
Code:
[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.WeaponSlot 1.Weapon]
ID=5in51calUS
NameDisplayable=5"/51 Caliber Cannon
WeaponInterval=1900-01-01, 1999-12-31
WeaponSlotType=NULL
AmmoTypesAccepted=5inHEUS,5inAAUS
AmmoTypeLoaded=NULL
AmmoMagazineSize=1
AmmoMagazineRemaining=0
WeaponCrewMembersSlots=7
ExternalLinkName3D=5_51_soclu
FunctionalType=WpCannon
Hitpoints=100.000000
EfficiencyHumanFactor=0.000000
EfficiencyMechanicFactor=1.000000
Efficiency=0.000000
Damage=0.000000
DamageHitpointsConsumed=0.000000
RemainingRepairTime=0000-00-00 00:00:00
DamageDescription1=NULL,0,0.2,0,1,1,Jam,0,0,NULL,1,0.3,0.244003
DamageDescription2=NULL,0,1,0,0.5,1,Chamber Explosion,50,5,NULL,1,2,14.608
So add that entry right after the first one.

After THIS, scroll down a bit to find the crew member listings with the "AdditionalRepository" business. For whichever deck gun you're trying to equip, make sure the entries with the corresponding compartment values (should be Compartment 8 or 9 with TMO, 7 or 8 with stock) DO NOT say AdditionalRepository. So here's an example

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 1]

See how the deck gun compartment was 8, and these crew slots are for 8? Need those to match up. Delete any "AdditionalRepository" you see.

Whew. What you've just done is re-enabled your desired deck gun and slots. NOW you need to "cancel out" the opposing deck gun entries, in this case, the BOW deck gun.

Find this
Code:
[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.WeaponSlot 1]
ID=BowDeckGun
NameDisplayable=Fore Deck Gun Mount
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=NULL
UserCustomizable=No
IDLinkBunker=GunsAmmoBunker
ExternalNodeName3D=M01
ExternalObjectName3D=NULL
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D=-1
IDLinkWeaponLoaded=3in50calUS, NULL
Change that 3in50cal to NULL. Change whatever is in that spot to NULL. Scroll down, and if you see something that starts like this--

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.WeaponSlot 1.Weapon]
ID=3in50calUS
NameDisplayable=3"/50 Caliber Cannon
WeaponInterval=1941-12-01, 1942-12-01

Delete that ENTIRE entry. It's about 15 lines. Now, scroll down some more until you see the Deck Gun Crew entries for *in this case* Compartment 9. Remember, you just need the compartment numbers to match, doesn't matter what they are. So for the corresponding crew for the deck gun you DON'T want, change the line from this

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.CrewMemberSlot 1]

to THIS

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 1]

Do this for each crew member entry.

Alrighty. DAMN! Now you're good to go with your brand new (old) deck gun! Now, the model you see in the port upgrade interface STILL looks like it's displaying a bow deck gun, I don't know why that is. But I've tested this method, and I got both my 5inch gun AND crew slots back. And then I sank a destroyer with it

I apologize for the mess. This post might be super cluttered and not very concise, but I hope in my rambling explanations MAYBE those a little less computer savvy might catch on a lil easier. I HOPE anyway. For anyone trying to change a Stern deck gun to Bow, follow this process but do it vice versa. If there's any questions I can probably help! Happy gunnin'

Last edited by The Renegade; 01-25-12 at 01:00 PM.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-12, 12:24 AM   #3672
seaplate hitman
Medic

Downloads: 305

Nobody care the fog problem?
How to reduce the ratio of fog?
seaplate hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-12, 03:35 PM   #3673
bobdina
Watch

Downloads: 122

Just hit control-N and it will change the weather to a clear day. You need to be looking through the scope or TBT to make it work.
bobdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-12, 03:17 AM   #3674
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Ducimus, loving 2.5, actually playing without RSRD currently, change things up.One issue though is bow tubes and stern tubes are getting destroyed very easily(not showing up on the DC screen as destroyed though but when try to open, no sound and when fire it reports tubes are too damage to launch) did you change something? Also, the adjusted fuel is not allowing for the ahead standard cruise as in other versions.fuel burns fast at ahead standard.What would I need to do to change it back?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-12, 08:40 AM   #3675
gAiNiAc
Weps

Downloads: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Also, the adjusted fuel is not allowing for the ahead standard cruise as in other versions.fuel burns fast at ahead standard.What would I need to do to change it back?
I noticed that as well......2/3rd's is the most fuel efficient setting....