SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-14-14, 06:04 PM   #1396
TheCrazyIvan
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Does anyone know of planned vessels added to the mod? I saw on their website something about the Papa class operating depth for the planned version 1.39 patch or that just for the NPC version? Also is there anyone I can talk to regarding the selecting of the Rubis, Suffern, or Amethyste out on a quick mission and that selecting their load out crashes the game and they are completely unplayable currently.
Old 11-15-14, 01:16 PM   #1397
artao
Officer

Downloads: 144

INSTALL ISSUE
I just bought DW a couple days ago on Steam. Played it for awhile to get a feel for it, but today decided to jump into RA/DWX. I had installed a couple of small mods already; sound alterations, the helo dipping fix (OH! speaking of that one, is that incorporated into DWX already or do I need to install that?), and the MH-60 channels fix (which I see is incorporated into DWX)
So, I completely removed the game from my system and re-downloaded/installed it.
I followed the install instructions EXACTLY. The install went almost without a hitch. The one thing I noticed as text was flying by was an "error: file not found" .... Upon starting the game up, everything seemed fine. All the units were in there, etc etc. ... HOWEVER!! The intro movie had no sound, and I had no sound in 3D view either.

Now, here's the thing. I did a LOT of reading before installing, and also looked at the file structure of both DWX and LWAMI, and compared it to my Steam install file structure (incidentally, my game is installed at F:\SteamLibrary3\SteamApps\common\Dangerous Waters )
I noticed one odd thing, particularly when I was installing sound mods: I do not have a ..\Dangerous Waters\Audio\sfx folder. Instead, I have ..\Dangerous Waters\Audio\aggie
Weird, right?
So I tried simply putting the sfx.agg from the ..\Audio\sfx folder that DWX created into the ..\aggie folder ....... however, that did not work. So I figured THAT probably had something to do with the "file not found" error and decided to completely un-/re-install the game again.

THIS TIME, after I ran the game to set basic option (resolution, turn off cheats, etc) I changed the name of ..\Audio\aggie to ..\sfx and went ahead with the DWX installation again. After install, I changed the ..\sfx folder back to ..\aggie (I get missing sounds if I leave it as ..\sfx) ... OH! I also installed the DWX 138_Fix_01 ..
I saw no errors pop up this time. AND, upon going into the game, I now had sound in the 3D view. All good.
However, there is still no audio in the intro movie. I assume that audio is supposed to be there. .. Clearly, this is a very minor issue; but I thought I should report it.

One final question, regarding sound mods. I downloaded the DWCombinedSoundpackv1 from SubGuru's website. Are the changes made with this mod incorporated (or otherwise dealt with) in DWX? Reading thru the readme, I saw nothing about changes to sounds, so I'm assuming not. However, i'll wait on installing that until after I hear back here.

Anyhow, so far so good guys!! I just KNOW I'm gonna love this mod. Read thru the weapons manual and boy! there's some cool changes in there. That'll take some getting used to, but the increased play depth will, I'm sure, be worth it.
On top of that, I now have the USS Parche, SSN-683 available, for a certain mission that I've begun work on
Thanks so much for all your work

EDIT: OH!! One other question. .... Does DWX include the fix for the Straight of Malacca mission, or do I need to install that as well?

Last edited by artao; 11-15-14 at 02:29 PM.
artao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-14, 08:14 PM   #1398
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

RA 1.39
http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/sho...=4912&page=106
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-14, 06:00 AM   #1399
dd149
Soundman

Downloads: 183
Default DWX RA 1.39 changes liste

Some info about add-on "Reinforce Alert" (DWX 1_39 version).
[ * - Hardcoded fix ]
1 - FCRadars: Location on AI platforms now finally has been fixed for right direction. For sustainable illumination target for missiles.
2 - Active Sonar sensors for controllable platforms located now in correct model coordinates.
3 - KA-27 AI: Ataka Missile put into helo body from outside pylons.
4 - Fixed a default bugs, where the ESM and active intercept AI platform, receives the signal at a time when active sonar or radar gives radiation in the other direction.
5 - Fixed bug when a AI torpedo fired snapshot against active ping player, unable attack Player Submarine.
6 - Mi-24 Hind: Fixed bug when ATAKA Strike Missiles no takes in pylons.
7 - LPAR Radar 3D model: fixed to right direct position.
8 - ESM Sensors AI aviation: added ability calculate Target Range according fast triangulation method.
9 - AI SS-N-22 Sunburn SSM missile: Added ESM Sensor. Allowed 2 separate search mode - Passive with ESM or Active Radar.
10 - Doctrine "Fighter evade from missile" has been improved.
11 - For military cargo planes and refueling tankers added ability throw countermeasure if CM applicable.
12 - Sovremennyy-II DDG Added to China.
13 - Missile SS-N-22 Sunburn SSM ER (Extended Range) added.
14 - SS-N-22 Sunburn new 3D model added.
15 - 9m120 ATAKA new 3D model added.
16 - more some new photos added to USNI data.
17 - Default bug fixed, when ESM sensors located on aircraft, not detected radars, when planes located above or below min.alt or max.alt hostile radar.
18 - TU-142F Bear User Plane: Radars has been made for separation mode search - Surface Search And Air Search Station.
19 - Russian voices messages removed from TU-142F Bear. Now it english voices.
20 - AI small missile ships (PGG PTG etc.): added ability MF/HF Radio - Launch missiles by receiving targeting data.
21 - AI Sub Doctrines finally - fixed for preventing cavitation in tracking and pursuit modes.
22 - Not russian KA-27 Helix: removed old 3D model and replaced to new.
23 - Victor-I: fixed bug when torpedoes SET-65 and SET-53 had an incorrect preset interfaces.*
24 - Victor - I; II; III, SSN: Cavitation profiles has been fixed.
25 - Doctrines for AI and User Wakehoming torpedoes has been fixed.
26 - Papa SSGN - loadouts change to SS-N-7 Starbright, instead SS-N-9 Siren. Max Depth for Sub fix to 550 meters.
27 - SS-N-7 Starbright depth underwater launch fix to 30 meters.
28 - Fixed damaged system by script for Type 212, Collins, and Harusio (ESM Mast, RadioMast, and Floating Wire).*
29 - Fixed damaged system by script for Delta-IV (ESM Mast, RadioMast, and Floating Wire).*
30 - Red October SSBN: Damaged Systems "Silent Run" and Floating Wire has been fixed.*
31 - Red October SSBN: Internal "Silent Run" engine sound has been replaced to current external sound.
Interface Contol "Silent Run" mode has been remastered.
32 - Added P-8i Neptune ASW plane to India.
33 - extracted ZIP archive with addon content now removed automatically from game folder.
34 - MIG-21 and J-7 Fighters: Pylons fixed.
35 - Y-8FQ ASW Plane added to China.
36 - H-6U Refueling AirTanker plane added to China.
37 - Surface Search Radars on planes, fixed to FLAR (Forward Looking Airborne Radar) option - cone radars has been remastered from 180 degrees sweep to forward sweep.[Between 60-90 degrees].
38 - Some Radars on planes has been replaced.
39 - Radar sweep problem User Sub based on U.S Radar station has been fixed.
40 - Fixed default bug when Air Radars on User Helo and User Plane never broke,including by damage script.*
41 - ASW Planes now preventing crush on water at low altitudes.
42 - DWX trailer: sound added.
43 - Underwater missile depth launch for Deltha-IV, Typhoons, Red October, Rubis and Suffren has been fixed.
44 - P3 Orion User: Radar control has been fixed separate for Forward And Rear Radar Stations.
45 - Captors: Now enabled sensor at ordered mine depth. Shot possibility has been improved.
46 - IL-38 MAY Added Controllable.
47 - PMK-2 Mine-Torpedo Complex added with UMGT-1 Torpedo payload [Russian Captor].
48 - PLAB Doctrine has been fixed: now mid-shallow 122m. ordered detonate depth corrected.
49 - Virginia SSN: Harpoon has been replaced to SLMM.*
50 - Added d3d8.dll file for Windows 8 game compatible. [Thank Komat]
You must move the file d3d8.dll from the folder Win_8 to the root of the game.
51 - Mobile Mine Doctrine: Improved behavior in shallow waters.
When you run the mine at a distance greater than the maximum, it is not removed now. Will be installed where ran out of fuel.
52 - Red October SSBN: Peplaced SS-N-16 Stallion To SS-N-15 Starfish Nuke Variant [ASW].*
53 - Project 1241.8 [Tarantul-V] Added To Russia
54 - Project 1241.8 RE [Tarantul-V] Added To Vietnam
55 - SSN 774 Virginia Class: added new hulls.
56 - Mistral CVH added.
57 - KA-52 Alligator, NH-90 Caiman, HAC-2 Tigre helos added
58 - TRIGAT LR (ATGM) Added.
59 - Whiskey SS Added.
60 - Foxtrot SS 3D model: prorellers fixed to 6 blades instead 7.
61 - Sonobuoys sonar model has been fixed.
62 - Stadimeter Station 688 fixed: now target range is correct.
63 - Helo Pads has been fixed. Air Carrier helo backwards traverse bug removed.
64 - UGST and USET-80 for Udaloy DDG User incorrect depth preset fixed.
65 - AI Subrocs missile Doctrine has been fixed - targeting algorithm more plausible (for different attack - depending on the available data).
66 - AI Subrocs Torpedo Doctrine - fixed bug when the depth of the search without the presence of the thermal layer is set equal for all torpedo in salvo.
67 - Pr.22350 FFGH added to Russia.
68 - Missile added: SA-21 Growler SAM, 9M340 SAM, SS-N-29 Subroc.
69 - Russians CADS Missiles [SA-N-11, 9M340 SAM - Palash CIWS-CADS system] new algorithm guide has been applied.
70 - Weapons Coordinator Ship Station: Some bugs with incorrect classification has been fixed.
71 - Weapons Coordinator Ship Station - new voice added (engage in battle order - By Bill "Subguru" Nichols).
72 - Civillian BO-105 CBS Helo Added.
73 - Super Tanker Modern, now has helo pad.
74 - Arihant SSBN added To India.
75 - Akula-II SSN Class added to India (Chakra Hull, controllable)
76 - AI Sub: Now when evading torpedoes AI captains can use the "Jump whale" - blowing ballast with a maximum boost speed of movement to the surface.
It is not allowed to diesel subs and those subs that can be controlled by the player.
77 - TMA Stations: periodicity of drawing lines was increased to 1 minute instead of 2 min default. __________________

Some testing ahead but mouth watering, thanks to RA team
dd149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 04:06 PM   #1400
Pigmachine
Seaman

Downloads: 20

"05.01.2015
Database Fix for RA ver 1.39:

1. Osa-I: Frequency signature bug removed (when profile is not available).
2. Kilo Rus: Snorkeling speed bug removed.(boost to 55 kts when snorkeling mode set)
3. Kilos: ESM assigned contact CTD bug removed.
4. Udaloy DDG User and AI: Cavitation Profiles has been fixed (now 21 knots cavitation beginning)
5. O.H.Perry AI: Cavitation Profiles has been fixed. (now 20 knots cavitation beginning)

Unzip archive, and replace current files database into the game with the installed version Reinforce Alert 1.39"

http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/sho...61&postcount=1
Pigmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-15, 04:53 AM   #1401
Stewy1
Girt by Sea

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 34

G'day guys,

Sorry for the dumb question - is it easy/possible to change the Playable Collins SSK Helm Station from the Russian helm station to the Seawolf Helm?

I suppose the reasoning is so that the Collins uses metric depth measurements - but it seems a bit out of place for my 2c. I'd be happy to use imperial measurements if it was possible.

Thanks guys - it would make a 99% perfect mod to a 100% mod for me!

Stew

EDIT: This would be great for the other modern "metric" Western subs too (Italian 212, Japan, France, etc.)

Last edited by Stewy1; 03-27-15 at 05:26 AM.
Stewy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-15, 12:36 PM   #1402
Red_88
Sailor man

Downloads: 250
Uploads: 6

AFAIK At the moment this is not possible. you cannot simply exchange the helm station file. It will cause gamecrash, because of hardcoded issues.
maybe in the future it will be possible, but there is little hope.
Red_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 08:03 AM   #1403
Stewy1
Girt by Sea

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 34

Thanks Red for the reply. Oh well, that's the way it goes...

Cheers,
Stew
Stewy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-15, 08:55 AM   #1404
nesop276
Nub

Downloads: 17
Default RA Mod Database Corrections

Could anyone pass on to Crazy Ivan,
The J3d model in RA 1.4 for the Halifax (Canada FFH330) is not the Patrol Frigate. I found the error when creating a scenario with an Iroquois and Halifax.
Thanks. Good mod though, nice to have other platforms to control.
Cheers
nesop276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 04:03 PM   #1405
mstram
Swabbie

Downloads: 12

Are SLBM's supposed to be working ?

When I launch them, they just circle around endlessly (yes I did designate a land target
mstram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 07:14 PM   #1406
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

I think there is a whole section where you tweak the weapon's settings and such in some magic way before you could fire it properly. Though I already wish for the sonalysts to make Dangerous Waters-2, in which I could drive my 06704 or 08850.
Old 10-11-15, 09:22 PM   #1407
USA~Driver
Watch

Downloads: 74
Default Reworked sonar profiles for R.A. 1.40

R.A. 1.40 reworked sonar profiles defined.

Frequency String 1: 50 or 60 Hz Generator Type

* - 55 Hz and 65 Hz for torpedoes.

Frequency String 2 – Tonnage Factor
295 Hz – Up To 499 Tonns
280 Hz – 500 – 999 Tonns
265 Hz – 1000-1999 Tonns
250 Hz – 2000-2999 Tonns
235 Hz – 3000-5999 Tonns
220 Hz – 6000-8999 Tonns
205 Hz – 9000-11999 Tonns
190 Hz – 12000-14999 Tonns
175 Hz -15000-17999 Tonns
160 Hz – 18000 -20999 Tonns
145 Hz – 21000-24999 Tonns
130 Hz – 25000-34999 Tonns
115 Hz – 35000-40999 Tonns
100 Hz – 41000 Tonns and more

Frequency String 3 – Engine Type:
Surface Steam - 310
Sub Nuke - 325
Sub Diesel - 340
Surface Diesel - 355
Sub AIP - 370
CODOG - 385
CODAG - 400
COGOG - 415
COGAG - 430
GAS-Turbine - 445
Torpedo Gas-Turb - 460
Torpedo Peroxid - 475
Torpedo Electric - 490
Pump Jet Surface - 505
ACTUV - 520
Pump Jet Submarine - 535
APR-2, APR-3, SHKVALs - 550
DSRV - 565
* - third frequency - it is not tied to any class – DDG, FF or CV, as it is in the default game sonar profile.
Only ACTUVs and DSRV tied to unique class.

Frequency String 4 and 5 – Unique frequency for each class
* - fourth frequency - it is not tied to any class – DDG, FF or CV, as it is in the default game sonar profile.

Lwami players should be somewhat familiar.
USA~Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 10:04 PM   #1408
mstram
Swabbie

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
I think there is a whole section where you tweak the weapon's settings and such in some magic way before you could fire it properly.
"Section" where ?

In the game ?

Or using DWEDIT ?

I read somewhere that they could be fired from a particular scenario ?
mstram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-16, 03:46 AM   #1409
frambueso
Nub

Downloads: 65
Default download mods

Good day. I hope that we will be able to download a mod?
frambueso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-16, 11:52 AM   #1410
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

frambueso! after a long silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reinforce alert