SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-16-09, 05:51 PM   #1
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6
Default Dan Brown's newest novel: Lost symbol

Anybody got it?

Dan brown is the first author that I actually like.
My first book was Angels and Demons.
Now I have all of his books including Lost symbol which has been out since 9/15/09.

I must say that in my honest opinion Da Vinci is Dan Brown's worst novel. My favorite are his Deception Point and Digital Fortress. Angels and demons is not bad either.

But from what I know Da Vinci sold the most copies due to its controversial content. I'm a Christian and I'm not offended nor taken by Da Vinci content. I accept it as good reading and nothing more. Besides I know what I believe in maybe that helped a lot. But like I said it's the worst of his novels yet his most popular.

I really recommend Digital Fortress and Deception Point to anyone who haven't taken them up.

As for lost symbol so far I'm enjoying Dan Brown's style of writing but I must say that I'm not that all impressed with it. I'm not done reading it just up to chapter 15. But Dan brown novels usually able to impress me starting from somewhere in the beginning but his attempt to do so in Lost symbol with the noetic science description left me feeling numb. I have heard all that he wrote about noetic science since a decade ago at least up to chapter 15 into it.

Any take on Dan brown or his latest novel?
Old 09-16-09, 06:02 PM   #2
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

I've read all of Brown's previous work and I'm not that impressed. They're good entertainment, until you make the mistakes of starting to think logically or looking up the things he mentions as "facts".
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 08:07 PM   #3
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincuan View Post
I've read all of Brown's previous work and I'm not that impressed. They're good entertainment, until you make the mistakes of starting to think logically or looking up the things he mentions as "facts".
Yea they are good entertainment nonetheless..though I'm concerned that many people may take them too seriously.