SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-15-13, 07:07 AM   #3076
Gomissar
Nub

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0

Greetings. First, thanks for an awesome mod. I have a question, however. Currently I'm using OM+OMEGU and I'm a little confused with the fact that in Sept. 1939 all Scandinavian countries are hostile according to the map, i.e. their ports are named in red. First I thought that it's because of "no neutrals" thing from OMEGU, but French ports are named in black. Am I doing something wrong? Also, radio seems to be awfully quiet compared to 3 and 5. Will I at least receive messages about new resupply ships?

Last edited by Gomissar; 01-15-13 at 08:04 AM.
Gomissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-13, 10:28 AM   #3077
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

WELCOME ABOARD!

No, I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I like OM a lot, but it's far from perfect. I just treat the countries who really were neutral as such, and get on with sinking Brits.
Old 01-15-13, 09:58 PM   #3078
Gomissar
Nub

Downloads: 46

Thanks for the answer. Now I have a question about damage system. So far I've only seen ships sink right after taking damage. Does flooding even exists?
Gomissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-13, 11:25 PM   #3079
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Yes, but it's hard to tell sometimes. Did the ship you sank explode, or just sink? If it exploded then you probably used up all its hitpoints and flooding didn't matter. If it just sank real fast then it definitely flooded. In the stock game they never sink until the hitpoints are gone, then they explode. If they sink without exploding, then flooding is working.

On the other hand I've had ships take so long that I put another torpedo into them just to make sure. Would they have eventually gone down or not? I'll never know. My patience isn't unlimited.
Old 01-16-13, 06:02 AM   #3080
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomissar View Post
Thanks for the answer. Now I have a question about damage system. So far I've only seen ships sink right after taking damage. Does flooding even exists?
You will at some point come across ships (usually of smallish tonnage) ablaze in heavy seas. That is another way of the game engine simulating weather damage.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 09:47 AM   #3081
Singed
Sailbad the Sinner

Downloads: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomissar View Post
I'm pretty stingy with torpedoes and I've seen a few, especially larger ships take a real long time to sink, especially if I hit too far off the center of mass. I remember from playing SH4 with RFB/RDRC that compartment flooding was modeled pretty well, so no reason to think it different in OM.

I'm waffling back and forth between SH3 and OM right now, can't quite decide which I like better. I liked OM from the start and it continues to grow on me, especially with the Das Boot sounds and a couple little tweak mods, the eye candy is compelling, since I actually started with RFB/RSRDC a couple years ago, SH3 + GWX looks more dated but it just plays so well.
Singed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 11:18 AM   #3082
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singed View Post
I'm waffling back and forth between SH3 and OM right now, can't quite decide which I like better.
I well know that feeling.

With SH4 you get a much better looking, more stable game. You get the whole 'Battle Stations' thing, plus KM grids and latitude and longitude on the map.

With SH3 you get mods putting the Canal locks and gates into the game, and SH3 Commander giving names to every ship you sink.

I mostly stick with SH3, but if SH4 had gotten the same attention from the modders...
Old 01-16-13, 01:31 PM   #3083
Singed
Sailbad the Sinner

It feels like GWX sends me where the enemy will be more often, I've had better luck finding merchant traffic in my patrol zone where in SH4 I have to hunt more. The traffic will be where you expect it to be, but the patrol zone is often a few grids over. Though I did notice (finally duh) that the patrol areas are 200km in Monsun which will alter my strategy a little, I thought it was 100.

Anyway, the point being that both ATO mods are so good I can't choose, of all the problems to have, that is one of the most pleasant ones.

Now my dogs, particularly my hybrid (rescue) prefer it when I boot up GWX, the howl gets his attention in a big way. The wolf on some of the artwork could be his cousin.
Singed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 02:05 PM   #3084
Uboatman
Medic

Downloads: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uboatman View Post
Think I may have to correct that last post, I don't think it is working properly. I have no Operation Monsun loading screen that I read was a good indicator it was installed and also the Conning Tower in the VIIc only gives me the 1st 3 torpedo tubes like it does in the IIc, I also have no torpedo adjustment controls in the TDC or Periscope views ( was wondering if this was intentional however?)

Disabled the mods and checked everyone and right back to V705 it was all the same, Installed in the correct order per the 1st post and had only added DBSM and it's speech fix on top, both of which showed no conflicts with the previously enabled.

Any help to get me going would be much appreciated

Had the same issue re-enabling just V705, anyone know what's happening? Are your VIIc towers the same? Can someone post a screenshot of the Ops Monsun loading screen (not found one myself yet)?

Hi, as I've not had an answer yet I'll try and simplify:

Should I see an Operation Monsun loading screen before the main menu appears?

Should all 5 torpedo tubes be clickable in the Type VII conning tower?
Uboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 05:59 PM   #3085
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Yes and yes. Check your mods folder. You will see a folder OpsMonsun_V705. The ONE and ONLY thing you see in that folder should be a folder named Data. If you see anything else, you have not installed OM correctly.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 01:54 PM   #3086
Uboatman
Medic

Downloads: 53
Hi again, I just don't understand it, I'm enabling V105 with JSGME and still have no Operation Monsun loading screen and still have the conning tower issue So I'm assuming it has not installed correctly, what could I be doing wrong?
Uboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-13, 04:48 PM   #3087
mido
Engineer

Downloads: 191
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
Yes and yes. Check your mods folder. You will see a folder OpsMonsun_V705. The ONE and ONLY thing you see in that folder should be a folder named Data. If you see anything else, you have not installed OM correctly.
Are you really sure there should be an OM loading screen? I just installed, re- and reinstalled OM again and still no OM loading screen...
And I have to folders there, data and support!

Can you post a screenshot of the loading screen and what is the file name?
mido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-13, 07:10 PM   #3088
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

My mistake. The loading screen comes with the OMEGU 300 pack.

Old 01-26-13, 07:33 PM   #3089
padi
Officer

Hello,

Why can I increase the power of the Deckgun to a realistiv level?
In the actual version it is no more than a papergun...
padi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-13, 08:47 PM   #3090
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi View Post
Hello,

Why can I increase the power of the Deckgun to a realistiv level?
In the actual version it is no more than a papergun...
What do you consider a realistic level?