SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-24-16, 07:36 PM   #1
buddha96
Watch

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default how to post my pic

first, im 58 so please no high tech talk. I have no mods cause I cant figure out how to download them ( I did ok with morrowinds though.) I want to put a picture of me on a cruise ship eating dinner in my dress blues (22 medals, 2 foreign decorations and 2 Presidental Citations. I wish it to me on my posts like you guys have on yours. pardon my typing here and elsewhere as I am disabled. I really love the game. Played a good one in the 80s. I think 688 attack sub. but this is much better. I got the picture at (( cp profile albume )) ty all for your kindnesses in answering all my questions. I always search the post to not be a bother.
Good Hunting
buddha96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-16, 07:44 PM   #2
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

On the upper left of the page, on the "toolbar" or quick link bar if you like, there is the User CP link.

In the User Control Panel, on the left side, there is a menu column. Under Settings & Options, you will find the Edit Signature option.

Provided you have the picture uploaded, hit the Image button on the editing screen and paste the link address into the popup.

Save when asked to do so.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-16, 08:05 PM   #3
buddha96
Watch

got to hit image button. it asked for " httl:// " don't know what 1 is, where it is or how to get 1. my photo is in my album.
please advise. sorry so dence. I AM hell with a gijoe
Old 05-24-16, 08:19 PM   #4
Von Due
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha96 View Post
got to hit image button. it asked for " httl:// " don't know what 1 is, where it is or how to get 1. my photo is in my album.
please advise. sorry so dence. I AM hell with a gijoe
No worries. That http thing is where you paste the URL or address of the image file location. Here's how to find that address.

Find that image and right click on it. Then select "show in new tab" or "... new window". It doesn't matter which.

In your browser, on top there is the address bar. Right now it would say something like
www.subsim.com/radioroom/ plus additional appendixes. This is the address to this forum and this topic.

When you go to that new tab or window you just created, in the same spot you will see the address (URL) to the picture.

Highlight the entire address and be sure not to alter it in any way, no cutting short or adding anything. With the address highlighted, press and hold the control key and press C. This will create a copy of that address.

In the popup for the image, remove anything that is inside the text box and with the cursor blinkking there, press and hold control and press V for pasting the address.

Click OK or Done or whatever it says. Then save the signature.
Old 05-24-16, 08:32 PM   #5
Mittelwaechter
The Old Man

Downloads: 35

So the photo is a digital photo and you have it in an album on your computer?

If so - klick this link -> http://www.abload.de/ <- it is an online picture hoster that will store your pic 'on the internet' itself, so it shows even if your computer/album is offline.

There is a button in the middle - "Durchsuchen" (search) - klick it.

A window opens and you have to navigate to your photo.

(If you have trouble with this - copy your photo to your computer desktop first and then klick the link. The window will show on the left side "Desktop" - that is your desktop and there you can mark your photo for uploading it. You may have to scroll down.)

Now hit the button "Abload" and the photo will be transfered. It may take a few seconds.

You will be directed to a second site - reading Upload fertig (upload ready).
Scroll down and you will find your photo next to a table with several URL addresses.

Klick on the provided direkt link address htt ps://abload.de/... - it shall change into blue. Now rightklick the blue link and copy it.

Save it to a text file - notepad/editor/word document - whatever.

This is the URL address (http://) you have to put into your signature as decribed above by Von Due.
Overwrite the complete image link so there is no double "http://https.//..."

Then preview your signature and save.

10 happy wolves rear 90 blinded, ensnared sheep. 90 happy sheep banish the wolves.

Arrest the 1% - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6hg1oNeGE
Mittelwaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-16, 09:14 PM   #6
buddha96
Watch

see if here
Old 05-25-16, 04:02 AM   #7
Von Due
Sea Lord

Alright, nicely done and nice photo too, I might add.

If your photo is too large for a signature you can always resize it using pretty much any picture editing software from MS Paint to Photoshop.

Look at that URL and spot the word "album". Replace ONLY that word (leaving everything else unchanged) with "picture" and you get the address of the picture itself.
Once you have your picture URL, you can also manually add to the same line the tags [IMG] and [/IMG] immediately before and immediately after the URL with no spaces or anything between the tags and the URL.

With an URL in between those 2 tags, and if the picture is in jpg format or similar, the picture will show in the signature/post.