SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-19-08, 08:21 AM   #166
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar
Hmmm.... doesn't work for me -> no debris, no life boats after sinking [using your single test mission].
Very weird... :hmm:
Thanks for the feedback mate! I'm waiting anyone!

Well, you probably have not installed it correctly (probably wrong folder structure) After enable the mod with JSGME go to your library folder and look for LifeBoats&Debris.dat, if not there, wrong installation.
No, mate. Both files are in 'Library' folder, but don't work...
SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 08:45 AM   #167
Phoenix3000
Weps

Downloads: 49

One word, WOW!

I've always wanted to see lifeboats in SH3, but I too can recall the discussions that took place in these forums regarding the rights and wrongs of adding them.

I'm so glad to see we now have them, and to those that don't agree - don't install them, simple as that.

Excellent work guys!!!

Px3000
Phoenix3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 11:29 AM   #168
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

http://files.filefront.com/Lifeboat+.../fileinfo.html

Here is the triangulated version of the lifeboat. It uses the same texture that I sent you earlier.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 04:32 PM   #169
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife
http://files.filefront.com/Lifeboat+.../fileinfo.html

Here is the triangulated version of the lifeboat. It uses the same texture that I sent you earlier.
Trying it now!
Old 04-19-08, 04:59 PM   #170
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

@iambe: now i had this error message when trying to import with S3D 0.81 (last one):
"One or more vertices is not mapped to a texture coordinate"

Perhaps you need to make a new rework on the UV/textures issue?

Seems that the model itself is now accept by S3d...just need to get rid of this texture coordinates problem and it will be imported.:hmm:
Old 04-20-08, 12:22 AM   #171
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
@iambe: now i had this error message when trying to import with S3D 0.81 (last one):
"One or more vertices is not mapped to a texture coordinate"

Perhaps you need to make a new rework on the UV/textures issue?

Seems that the model itself is now accept by S3d...just need to get rid of this texture coordinates problem and it will be imported.:hmm:
I've been trying to fix this and it's still not working - I am getting that same message ...

How did you texture map the liferaft and the other objects that were in the mod? Maybe if I do it the same way you did it then it will work.

Any help/ideas are most welcome!

Thanks
Old 04-20-08, 12:50 AM   #172
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

So how is this front? I've been moving from bunker to bunker give my help, there're so many bunkers!

Im working at 4 mods in the moment, and helping another two... what a lot of free time can't do for you!

So, Rubini, are we ready to start changing those ships datas?
Old 04-20-08, 01:23 AM   #173
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

I still can't get this to work, but I noticed the SH4 lifeboat works fine. I will make some changes to its 3d model and use it instead (if one of you hasn't already done so).
Old 04-20-08, 04:52 AM   #174
Phoenix3000
Weps

Downloads: 49

Hi guys!

Just wanted to say that after using this mod last night it gives a whole new feel when attacking ships. Gone are the days of a couple of cargo boxes appearing, then vanishing in about a minute.

Now I'm seeing lifeboats, lifebelts, barrels, crew etc. and they stay for a very long time - at least until I had exited the mission.

For me, the more debris left floating on the surface the better. I was wondering though, is it possible to make the oil slicks hang around a bit longer after a ship has gone down?

Looking forward to seeing the crewed lifeboats you are working on. They will bring even further immersion to SH3!

Cheers!!

Px3000

Last edited by Phoenix3000; 04-20-08 at 06:20 AM.
Phoenix3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 08:04 AM   #175
i_b_spectre
Engineer

Downloads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix3000
Hi guys!

For me, the more debris left floating on the surface the better. I was wondering though, is it possible to make the oil slicks hang around a bit longer after a ship has gone down?

Px3000
This is a question only the modders can answer for sure, but they may be having to strike a balance between objects and frame rates. I've read several posts by people with older pc's reporting frame rate hits associated with oil slicks as well as oil fires. I've got an older rig myself, but still manage playable FPS under those conditions. It would be nice to be able to select which eye candy works best for your particular machine, but if that's not possible, making it work best for a wide variety of pc's comes in handy.
Old 04-20-08, 08:29 AM   #176
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_b_spectre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix3000
Hi guys!

Px3000
This is a question only the modders can answer for sure, but they may be having to strike a balance between objects and frame rates. I've read several posts by people with older pc's reporting frame rate hits associated with oil slicks as well as oil fires. I've got an older rig myself, but still manage playable FPS under those conditions. It would be nice to be able to select which eye candy works best for your particular machine, but if that's not possible, making it work best for a wide variety of pc's comes in handy.
Yeah, you are right. Oil slick and oil fire area huge FPS hit, so this need to be handle carefuly.

@Px300: the GWX enhanced dammage effects already have more long time oil slick and oil trail (and it´s the unique mod that do this). I did it for GWX 2.0 some time ago. The version that i run in my installation have at least the doulbed time for oil slick and oil trail. In the offcial GWX we made it a bit more short exactly by the reasons above.
Old 04-20-08, 08:35 AM   #177
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife
I still can't get this to work, but I noticed the SH4 lifeboat works fine. I will make some changes to its 3d model and use it instead (if one of you hasn't already done so).
@iambe: I never tried any 3d soft before. After you send me your LB I then downloaded Wings3D to try something. But I also yet don´t know exactly how to add/adjust the texture to the models. For the guys that work with 3d models this probably is the most easiesty part. I guess that your idea to see how the Sh4 LB works is a good one. Nobody needed to work on this one (Sh4 LB). I just imported the 3d model directly from the game without pass intro any 3d soft. This can also be made for your models, if they are directly from the game. If you point me where you found there I can them use them in a minute.
Old 04-20-08, 08:45 AM   #178
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
So how is this front? I've been moving from bunker to bunker give my help, there're so many bunkers!

Im working at 4 mods in the moment, and helping another two... what a lot of free time can't do for you!

So, Rubini, are we ready to start changing those ships datas?
Hi mate,

I´m just waiting a bit more feedback form this first part of the mod. Do you tried it (sank any ship)? What you think? It is good as it is now?:hmm:

Anyhow, we alreday have permission to work with GWX2.1 files and we can start at any time. I will then contact you soon with all the necessary information and the patterns already ready to be added to each .dat (or .val, works exactly the same). I´m thinking that will be better to add thenm to .val just because we can also adjuts that wake bug at the same time, using only one file per ships for 2 mods in truth!
Old 04-20-08, 10:28 AM   #179
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@Rubini

Try to import this inplace of iambecomelife's object.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mfhxcfd9y9a

If this one works, I'll explain where the problem is.

Oh, and rename the mtl file as below
lifeboat-triangulated1.mtl
Old 04-20-08, 11:00 AM   #180
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer
@Rubini

Try to import this inplace of iambecomelife's object.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mfhxcfd9y9a

If this one works, I'll explain where the problem is.

Oh, and rename the mtl file as below
lifeboat-triangulated1.mtl
But where is the .mtl file?
(your link above only have the .obj file):hmm: