Old 09-14-17, 06:14 PM   #496
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
The question is

How far will this Hwasong-12 fly ? Same distance or longer ?

Edit: It fell or dropped somewhere in the Pacific

Markus
How far it will go is based on how high it will go to mathematically connect to become a long range delivery weapon. They would have to find out by firing one in the same distance as they would need from Korea to point B to measure how the missile could get to the USA.

They already have threatened Guam so they must be pretty sure the missile can go that far.

Also noticed that they have now fired two in a row from the same location ...

Quote:
"North Korea fired an unidentified missile eastward from the vicinity of Pyongyang this morning," South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff said, according to the Yonhap News Agency.
I think they want our side to target that area which is near their international airport and station the launchers else where after they have built sufficient numbers of these long range missiles of course, plus they still have the problem of mating a warhead device to the missile that they are sure will explode X amount of feet above the target.

Does NK have other WMD that they could launch against the South from short range launchers? In other words this is going to be one big mess if it all goes bang on Trumps orders.

Real messy in a hurry making a lot of enemies in the process ... this problem has been on the books for way too long.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-17, 06:14 PM   #497
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
The question is

How far will this Hwasong-12 fly ? Same distance or longer ?

Edit: It fell or dropped somewhere in the Pacific

Markus
Looks like it went slightly further than the last one, so it probably succeeded in its objective.

What objective? Well, you'll note that it flew the same distance as between the DPRK and Guam. I honestly thought that they would salvo fire three or four of them this time around, but obviously the thing splitting into three last time wasn't quite meant to happen, so it was another single test. Next time they'll probably salvo fire. After that then everything is set for the Guam mission.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-17, 04:42 AM   #498
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

A launch against Guam would probably be the last mission.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-17, 11:09 AM   #499
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
WHA!!!! JIMBUNA!! It's just not right to speculate!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-17, 12:42 PM   #500
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
WHA!!!! JIMBUNA!! It's just not right to speculate!
I can't believe you said that ... don't you know that we at subsim just happen to be inside someone's think tank?

Think about it ...

What if NK fires off three in a row over Japan (not towards Guam) but over Japan. NK has already threatened Japan due they are jealous of how much bigger and better Japan is than they are.

You don't piss off Japan and get away with it ...
or achievement

Old 09-15-17, 01:22 PM   #501
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Another question

How many of these provocation can KJU do before SK, JP and or US react ?

As it is now or as so far it has only been raised voices, a liftet finger and more sanction.

Read an article about JP who want take another of these provocation-If I remember correctly, it isn't the first time they have said this. Therefore

How many of these provocation...... ?

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-17, 02:18 PM   #502
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
How many of these provocation...... ?

Markus
One way to find out, calculate the cost of the destruction of Seoul, Pusan and many other major cities of South Korea, as well as nuclear attacks on Japan and the US mainland. Then add the casualties from biological and chemical weaponry detonations among South Korea, Japan and potentially the US (probably just Guam, maybe Hawaii), the add the military and civilian casualties from the war to liberate North Korea, roll a dice to judge whether China gets involved, then add the casualties from attacks from China and fighting a land war against China on the Korean peninsula if they do. Then add the collapse of the East Asian economy and the resulting major global recession.

Then compare the result of that calculation with the cost of putting up with continued North Korean provocations.

That's your answer.
Old 09-15-17, 03:14 PM   #503
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
One way to find out, calculate the cost of the destruction of Seoul, Pusan and many other major cities of South Korea, as well as nuclear attacks on Japan and the US mainland. Then add the casualties from biological and chemical weaponry detonations among South Korea, Japan and potentially the US (probably just Guam, maybe Hawaii), the add the military and civilian casualties from the war to liberate North Korea, roll a dice to judge whether China gets involved, then add the casualties from attacks from China and fighting a land war against China on the Korean peninsula if they do. Then add the collapse of the East Asian economy and the resulting major global recession.

Then compare the result of that calculation with the cost of putting up with continued North Korean provocations.

That's your answer.
Thank you Oberon

I would say you are right, they can keep on with these provocation....until one of their "provocation" hits SK or JP and kill civilians, by mistake mechanical or failure.

Edit: I know the answer. Weight the lost of these civilians against thousands if not tens of thousands dead-So even if 10-40 or more people would die due to a ICBM had a technical failure and fell on a city. there will not be any military response of any kind from the west.

Then there is China-Don't know what they will do in such a situation.

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 09-15-17 at 03:22 PM.
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-17, 05:23 PM   #504
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Have you forgotten that NK still thinks of SK as brothers and sisters and in fact SK thinks of NK as realitives.

They are more angry at USA and Japan than anyone else ...

Now what if the war goes down sooner than NK is ready ... obviously they are not ready yet, right?

What if we do go to war (it won't be just bullets and field armor) and NK fights back by firing some missiles off and they are dud's.

Due to they haven't figured out how to miniature the nuclear device on a warhead yet (at least they haven't tested it yet).

So with these what if's ... what are our chances of stopping NK from being a terror to Japan and Guam and Hawaii and of course the USA?

I think our chances are good and that a white flag would prevail before we could finish NK off ... that's my two Susan B Anthony's thoughts.

or achievement

Old 09-15-17, 08:40 PM   #505
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
You don't piss off Japan and get away with it ...
Yet he does!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-17, 09:19 PM   #506
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

Due to they haven't figured out how to miniature the nuclear device on a warhead yet (at least they haven't tested it yet).
Then what was that big boom the other day? They showed us the device. Twice in fact.

Or does it only count if they fire an ICBM into the middle of the Pacific and detonate it? In which case, since the Soviets never did that does it mean they didn't have nuclear warheads? What about India? France? The UK?

They have the tech. They have the delivery system. The only variable is accuracy, but they're fixing that by making the explosion bigger.
Old 09-15-17, 09:37 PM   #507
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

If this "war" breaks out, everyone loses! I just don't see China and Russia rolling with that.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-17, 04:08 AM   #508
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has vowed to reach the country's nuclear goals, according to state media.
The aim was to establish "equilibrium" of military force with the US, the KCNA news agency quoted him as saying.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-41289532

I think NK will succeed with the former but hopelessly fail with the latter.

Old 09-16-17, 05:08 AM   #509
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

The question really is whether one should further wait to kill a rabid dog, so all is becoming worse in the end.

But it should be done to remove the glorious leader and his entourage, not bomb civilians. Any chances China would support that?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-17, 05:33 AM   #510
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I doubt it, they don't want millions of refugees flooding across their borders as a consequence of the internal NK turmoil that would be created.

China have consistently stated they don't want a nuclear armed NK but I don't see them doing much if anything to prevent it.

Tags
korea, north korea