SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-20-11, 03:16 PM   #2956
Kruger
Commander

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Anyway I do not seem to be able to find out what is wrong in my setup...

That is just a RSRDC update, it has nothing to do with TMO.
Kruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 03:45 PM   #2957
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruger View Post

I am not sure it is merely an update. It may be a fix as well.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 04:42 PM   #2958
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3217

Quote:

When you activates the TMO 20 to 21, appears a window in JSGME with the overwrited files of TMO 20?

If "NO", the structure of the folders of TMO 20 to 21 is wrong. Please, check this structure: TMO_Update_20_to_21\data. The downloaded update has the structure: TMO_Update_20_to_21\TMO_Update_20_to_21\data. If you put the original, unzipped folder in your MODS folder, the structure is wrong.

If "YES" (TMO 20 to 21 overwrites files of TMO 20)...well, I donīt know what is wrong with your installation.

RSRDC modified the TMO 21 (because that, I speak about a "partial installation" of TMO 21). RSRDC overwrites some files of TMO 21, but nothing of the crew management of TMO 21 and you only have a damage control team and the son of Nimitz guy for battery recharge fix. No Hoganīs Alley in TMO 21 or TMO 21 with RSRDC.

Check my post #2960 in this thread, there are some images of my installation.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 05:11 PM   #2959
Kruger
Commander

So, I reverted everything and left only TMO 2.0 enabled.

When I put 20 to 21 over it, yes it rewrites a whole lotta lines. Still, when entering the game the hoogan alley is still there.
Old 02-20-11, 05:57 PM   #2960
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
So, I reverted everything and left only TMO 2.0 enabled.

When I put 20 to 21 over it, yes it rewrites a whole lotta lines. Still, when entering the game the hoogan alley is still there.
Do you use SH4 1.5? Really this is an strange case...

When TMO 20 enabled, appears the "Trigger Maru Overlauled 2" in the menu screen?

I donīt use TMO Easier AI. Unable the mod, please. Only install TMO 20 and after, TMO 20 to 21. Is it a side effect of Easier AI? (I think not, itīs only a sensors.dat file...).

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 02-20-11, 06:03 PM   #2961
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
When you activates the TMO 20 to 21, appears a window in JSGME with the overwrited files of TMO 20?

If "NO", the structure of the folders of TMO 20 to 21 is wrong. Please, check this structure: TMO_Update_20_to_21\data. The downloaded update has the structure: TMO_Update_20_to_21\TMO_Update_20_to_21\data. If you put the original, unzipped folder in your MODS folder, the structure is wrong.

If "YES" (TMO 20 to 21 overwrites files of TMO 20)...well, I donīt know what is wrong with your installation.

RSRDC modified the TMO 21 (because that, I speak about a "partial installation" of TMO 21). RSRDC overwrites some files of TMO 21, but nothing of the crew management of TMO 21 and you only have a damage control team and the son of Nimitz guy for battery recharge fix. No Hoganīs Alley in TMO 21 or TMO 21 with RSRDC.

Check my post #2960 in this thread, there are some images of my installation.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
What Fitzcarraldo is saying, in other words, is make sure you do not have a file within a file set up as that creates a problem. It has caused me no end of grief in other situations. E.g. SH4/SH4/data is wrong. SH4/data is correct. Hence TMO_Update_20_to_21\data is correct, while TMO_Update_20_to_21\TMO_Update_20_to_21\data constitutes a file within a file and is not correct.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 06:21 PM   #2962
Kruger
Commander

I am using 1.5 version.

I understand what you are saying, however I double checked it all, I am confident all folder structure is sound and good.

I disabled everything, left only tmo 2.0, and in the game menu it says 2.0

I put 2.1 update, and in the game menu it says 2.1. No other mods installed, but now I get a "silent hunter has stopped working" (after giving up all other mods, just to check how teh game is behaving)

I have had this install for over 2 months now, it has never given me any headache, always worked flawlessly.

I have no other choice than to shave it, after shave it, and do a clean install.
Old 02-20-11, 06:52 PM   #2963
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
I am using 1.5 version.

I understand what you are saying, however I double checked it all, I am confident all folder structure is sound and good.

I disabled everything, left only tmo 2.0, and in the game menu it says 2.0

I put 2.1 update, and in the game menu it says 2.1. No other mods installed, but now I get a "silent hunter has stopped working" (after giving up all other mods, just to check how teh game is behaving)

I have had this install for over 2 months now, it has never given me any headache, always worked flawlessly.

I have no other choice than to shave it, after shave it, and do a clean install.
Do you have some problem with JSGME? In few occassions, installing and uninstalling mods, JSGME "crash" (program donīt respond), and leave "residuals" of the mods in the main instalation of SH4 (data folder). These "residuals" causes CTDs in SH4 (and SH3, I have some serious troubbles with it).

The best option, now: uninstall SH4, reinstall and put the mods.

Best regards

Fitzcarraldo

Old 02-20-11, 10:53 PM   #2964
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
I am not sure it is merely an update. It may be a fix as well.
If you're gonna run RSRD with TMO, you're correct, you need to run it after RSRD, it's a needed fix. Leave it out, RSRD won't spawn traffic correctly.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 10:58 PM   #2965
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
RSRDC still leaves from the same bases as before. Later in the war, as new bases are added, you have more locations to refuel your killer sub. However, you still must return to the home base to end mission.

I have used the white shark mod. Never seen one either. We need a shark mod with whites, makos, white pointers, hammerhead, and bull sharks. Shark AI would be good too. That would make for some interesting post impact viewing with the free camera!!! Sailors in the water are a shark's idea of a vacation.
I've run into Dolphins, first by accident by hearing them on sonar, wondering what the F that chirping as I found them. Fairly sure they're in TMO and RSRD.

Ran into a dang Iceburg the other day playing RSRD...that was a first.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 11:35 PM   #2966
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56

That kind of thing is why I keep a backup copy of the unmodified game install, somewhere away from the game directory where I let JSGME do its thing. Simply copying from an unmodified /SH4 folder is way quicker than a reinstall, especially since I would have to re-download through Steam.
Old 02-21-11, 01:25 AM   #2967
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I've run into Dolphins, first by accident by hearing them on sonar, wondering what the F that chirping as I found them. Fairly sure they're in TMO and RSRD.

where at?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 03:23 AM   #2968
Kruger
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
That kind of thing is why I keep a backup copy of the unmodified game install, somewhere away from the game directory where I let JSGME do its thing. Simply copying from an unmodified /SH4 folder is way quicker than a reinstall, especially since I would have to re-download through Steam.

You;re right, this is what I am going to do next.

Are you guys saying I should stop using RSRDC ? Or install it before TMO ? Duci clearly states that any other mod should be installed after TMP and it's updates.
Old 02-21-11, 06:55 AM   #2969
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
You;re right, this is what I am going to do next.

Are you guys saying I should stop using RSRDC ? Or install it before TMO ? Duci clearly states that any other mod should be installed after TMP and it's updates.
No, no. Using or not using RSRDC is your election. TMo has his modified campaign, but RSRDC is more historically realistic. Also adds some aditional ships. Only for taste of realism, it is recommended, but you can play TMO 21 without RSRDC.

For RSRDC, it is needed the patch RSRDC 5XX. Firts, ever, TMO 21. After that, RSRDC for TMO 20, and after that, the patch RSRDC 5XX. RSRDC must overwrites files of TMO 21; if not, you have the TMO 21 campaign.

There isnīt a RSRDC for TMO 21, we are waiting that...The RSRDC for TMO 20, with the patch, seems works fine.

RSRDC donīt change your crew management; the problem with Hoganīs Alley is independent of RSRDC.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 02-21-11, 06:59 AM   #2970
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post

I see iceberg in the Arctic, in TMO plus RSRDC, but dolphins...Where?

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo