SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-10-13, 06:03 PM   #1096
uboot556
Gunner

Downloads: 283
Uploads: 0

Hi!!! is it possible to make a simmilar mod for SH4??? i belive that there are a very limited number of japanese merchant ships and in this web site there are many interesting ships for the game
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum...9282&start=340
(there are about 40 pages here and there is an almost complete list of real japaneses merchant ship )
good nigth!!
uboot556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-13, 07:32 PM   #1097
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
No, they still count as neutral. You can sink them of course (and might by accident in a convoy attack) but any penalties the game dishes out for sinking neutral shipping will still apply.

In addition I'm pretty sure that if you attack a neutral ship, the country whose flag it flies under will consider you an enemy (even though they are not at war with Germany) and any and all of their forces will be hostile to you on sight for 24 hours of in-game time.
You can actually get full credit for some MFM neutrals. If a ship has hull flags but is not flying a flag it can be sunk for full renown. If you can't see the flag staff, check for things like tanks/trucks/planes on deck. Or zigzagging when they sight you.

These ships were my way of representing the neutrals that illegally carried cargo to Britain. And the Allied ships that were re-registered to Ireland, Panama, etc because of the war. In real life sometimes re-registering worked; other times they got torpedoed anyway.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-13, 06:15 PM   #1098
Fishers of Men
Seaman

Downloads: 106
I am still struggling to use the MFM_v3_Skin_packs. I have tried to drag the skin files to their correct SEA folder for the correct year they appear in SH3, but the result is a "0" kb file being moved. How do I extract these skin files to the right folders? I would really like to use these beautiful skins and see those ships in future patrols.
Old 02-19-13, 10:53 PM   #1099
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers of Men View Post
I am still struggling to use the MFM_v3_Skin_packs. I have tried to drag the skin files to their correct SEA folder for the correct year they appear in SH3, but the result is a "0" kb file being moved. How do I extract these skin files to the right folders? I would really like to use these beautiful skins and see those ships in future patrols.
I recommend that you enable them using JSGME instead of the method you described. With JSGME you can add or disable skins, depending on what year your career is in, very easily.

http://www.fileplanet.com/179601/dow...Enabler-v1.7.0
Old 02-23-13, 12:11 PM   #1100
Fishers of Men
Seaman

Thanks for your reply.

I can extract the MFM_Skin_Pack.7z to its own folder with all files intact, but I can not extract the MFM_v3_Skin_Packs.7z to any folders. I tried a completely new download from the Gamefront web site with was unable to extract it anywhere successfully. I can visually see the skin files in their various ship type folders viewed in the Winrar program but can't use any of them.

Is there any other download location or maybe a WinZip format that you can direct me to that I can try? Then I can install them into JSCME and apply them to the game, as you suggested.
Old 02-24-13, 03:42 AM   #1101
Plissken_04
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 522

Quote:
Thanks for your reply.

Is there any other download location or maybe a WinZip format that you can direct me to that I can try? Then I can install them into JSCME and apply them to the game, as you suggested.

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/S..._Skin_Packs.7z

Username & Password in my Signature!!!

So Long

Maik
Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 10:38 AM   #1102
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

I would try using the free unzipping program 7-Zip, Winrar seems to have problems sometimes, and 7-Zip will unzip most any type of zip file there is.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-13, 01:29 PM   #1103
SubTroll
Watch

Downloads: 26
Default Port to SH4?

Hey guys, this looks like an awesome mod. I don't have SH3, but is it possible to port any of these ships to SH4? I always love having new targets!
SubTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-13, 04:06 PM   #1104
Fishers of Men
Seaman

Thank you gentlemen, for your kind assistance. I switched to using 7-Zip to unpack the skins files and it worked perfectly. Now I can really enjoy sinking these awesome ships.
Old 02-25-13, 04:47 PM   #1105
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Thank you gentlemen, for your kind assistance. I switched to using 7-Zip to unpack the skins files and it worked perfectly. Now I can really enjoy sinking these awesome ships.
SINK EM ALL!!

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-13, 11:18 PM   #1106
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Your welcome Fishers of Men, always glad to help out when I can.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-13, 12:59 PM   #1107
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubTroll View Post
Hey guys, this looks like an awesome mod. I don't have SH3, but is it possible to port any of these ships to SH4? I always love having new targets!
Sorry. Right now I am working on my WWI mod only and I have no plans to make major changes to the MFM. However, if you check the descriptions for several SH4 supermods you will notice that some of my ships are included.
Old 02-26-13, 11:55 PM   #1108
Singed
Sailbad the Sinner

Downloads: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Sorry. Right now I am working on my WWI mod only and I have no plans to make major changes to the MFM. However, if you check the descriptions for several SH4 supermods you will notice that some of my ships are included.
LOL that is nothing to be sorry for, I'm absolutely drooling at the prospect of a WWI mod. Especially after this mod made me think "wow" the first time I saw a convoy through the scope with all the new ships.
Singed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 03:11 AM   #1109
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344

OK, I guess it's my turn.

I've also been having a problem trying to use the MFM 3.2 mod with either of my SH3 installs. (GWX and NYGM Tonnage) I also tried to use the Skin Packs and the Displacement Fix mod. The games will get as far as loading a single mission and then CTD. I've tried different combinations of mods, but mostly I try to keep it simple with just using mods specific for GWX or NYGM.

My computr specs are solid. I'm on a ASUS G74SX Core I7 laptop that I've beefed up with 16GB memory, and a Seagate hybrid HDD for the Windows 7 64bit OS system. It's faster than most desktop rigs. I can run modded versions of SH 3-4-5 maxed out at 60 FPS or close to it.

I've been trying to find some answers for this on my own, but I'm looking at this one thread going back several years and just over 1100 posts and I'm wondering if my ticker has that much tome left to read them all!! I'll keep reading on my own but any help is appreciated. I'm pretty sure my problem is a conflict of code somewhere and not a computer issue, such as lack of memory, etc. I'll see what happens.

One last thing I just found a few hours ago. One of the folders in the Skins Pack is empty.....zero files in it. It is folder MFM-v3-US+UK_Skins19400601. Is this suppose to be empty or did I do something to mess it up?

Thanks troops...
Tom "CC"
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 03:50 AM   #1110
KpnKardif
Swabbie

Downloads: 88

Cruise, have you patched your .exe for 4gb? I've been having the same problem as you and ran across an old post regarding sh3.exe. In it's default (up to 1.4) state, it is only able to access 2gb of memory. You can patch it so it uses 4gb using this tool:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21775767/4gb_patch_7z

I just did this and now I can actually load a mission with MFM.
KpnKardif is offline   Reply With Quote