SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-09, 05:02 PM   #391
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Welcome back! Enjoy the skiing?
Old 04-20-09, 11:01 PM   #392
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Old 04-21-09, 12:59 AM   #393
NEON DEON
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 5

Holy Cr%p! Look at all thoes guns!

I am going to need a sedative.
Old 04-21-09, 03:25 AM   #394
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEON DEON View Post
Holy Cr%p! Look at all thoes guns!

I am going to need a sedative.
well Neon, just trying to be as accurate as we can mod

Thanks to Peabody all those guns were implemented in game and are in version 3.9 of the Jyunsen B etc... mod , but we also have dedicated radars for our boats, and sonar, sub coatings and a couple weird gizmos they used as noisemakers (including a towed hydrophone that could play different sounds !)

The Jyunsen B mod version 3.9 (a few dev only versions from 3.4 to 3.9) is ready, but should only be released with the coming IJN Japanese Campaign that Peabody is polishing up.

gosh there's a lot to read when one is away for so long

in the meantime I made a new damage model for the Jyunsen B sub, it's on my main FF page, just slip in the sub's directory (trial) :

http://files.filefront.com/NSS+Jyuns.../fileinfo.html

keltos

Last edited by keltos01; 04-21-09 at 04:19 PM.
keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-09, 01:03 PM   #395
Regio Sommergibile
Officer

Downloads: 181
Uploads: 0

What's the progress at this stage ?

EDIT:

Any hope for the Maya inclusion as surface campaign ?

Last edited by Regio Sommergibile; 04-21-09 at 05:21 PM.
Regio Sommergibile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-09, 12:59 AM   #396
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regio Sommergibile View Post
What's the progress at this stage ?

EDIT:

Any hope for the Maya inclusion as surface campaign ?
The subs are ready, as are the guns but we have to check a texture problem (same ids we think) caused by some of the guns to ship turrets ?

I have done the remodelling of the Jyunsen B damage model (boxes and spheres) but haven't touched the sinking rate etc.. yet. They should be done in a week at the most.

I intend to include a new damage model for all subs, as for the campaign it's Peabody's say, I don't know how far we are from a beta, even if I have tested parts of the campaign for months now.

the "static" parts of the campaign are done (screens, medals thanks to captain scurvy and artists John Meeks and Michel Guyot) including the ranks and name mod by Takao (from whom we haven't heard in months)

Rubenand thejets is working on the voices, but that should come in a second beta ?

Peabody is polishing the campaign layers now, but I'll let him answer how far from a beta we are as those layers make the missions thus the game.

keltos

Old 04-23-09, 11:04 AM   #397
rubenandthejets
中国水兵

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

Um...
Voices are proving to be difficult...the main problem being my life has gotten in the way. I'm still chasing a few leads but it looks liek I won't be able to do this.

Sorry guys.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 04-23-09, 01:44 PM   #398
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenandthejets View Post
Um...
Voices are proving to be difficult...the main problem being my life has gotten in the way. I'm still chasing a few leads but it looks liek I won't be able to do this.

Sorry guys.

I'll keep you posted.
Take your time, the voices will be the icing on the cake

RL first

keltos

Old 04-23-09, 01:52 PM   #399
keltos01
Silent Hunter

I changed the ids on all gun textures, here seen ingame on the Type AM submarine so as not to have conflicts with other textures ingame as you suggested Peabody.

boy do I love that triple AA !

keltos

Old 04-23-09, 02:32 PM   #400
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Well to answer the question: I don't know. I am not "polishing' up the Campaign, it very simply isn't done. There have been a lot of things both on the subs and in the Campaign to figure out and test and that takes time. Now that some of the gun problems are fixed, I can get back to working on the Campaign, so I hope it won't be long. (But I have said that before)

Writing the Campaign takes time but is not the big time consumer. Research and testing take forever. And finding mistakes either on the subs, guns or in the Campaign also take a lot of time for beginners like us. I am not trying to make excuses, I wanted this released a long time ago, but it didn't happen, but I am also a LOT closer than I was.

A tip for other beginners out there, sometimes finding a mistake can take a loooog time, sometimes it is just easier and faster to do start over. I made the wrong choice, and ended up having to do it over anyway.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-09, 04:00 PM   #401
keltos01
Silent Hunter

I wanted to see my 3d damage model so I surfaced in Webster torpedo test mission, then crash dived immediately but ...

I guess a Jyunsen B isn't that armored after all... but why is my torpedo room flooding ?? I wonder...

damage assesment :

obviously, depth charges are better for a sub than shells...

keltos

Old 04-30-09, 05:59 PM   #402
NEON DEON
Ace of the Deep

I might have to switch sides after this comes out.

If you have a duplicate id on a gun, could that cause a ctd?
Old 04-30-09, 06:31 PM   #403
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
I might have to switch sides after this comes out.

If you have a duplicate id on a gun, could that cause a ctd?
Duplicate IDs can cause problems. Did you have this problem? We did find a duplicate ID on a gun, but it was not actually the gun but the Material node. We did not discover it until the gun was actually available to purchase to put on the sub, so it is a recent discovery.
If you do have a problem, let us know so we can check to see if it is the one that has been fixed and get a release to fix it for those of you that are Keltos subs in the German Campaign.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 04-30-09, 06:47 PM   #404
NEON DEON
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
Duplicate IDs can cause problems. Did you have this problem? We did find a duplicate ID on a gun, but it was not actually the gun but the Material node. We did not discover it until the gun was actually available to purchase to put on the sub, so it is a recent discovery.
If you do have a problem, let us know so we can check to see if it is the one that has been fixed and get a release to fix it for those of you that are Keltos subs in the German Campaign.

Peabody
No its not on the your sub.

I was asking based on my messing with the twin 40 and trying to get it to work on the ms32 conning tower in 1.4. The gun will fire from the aft position but eventually it will cause a ctd as you get longer into the campaign with it. In the forward AA position, it ctds the first time you try and fire it manually.
Old 04-30-09, 08:31 PM   #405
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
No its not on the your sub.

I was asking based on my messing with the twin 40 and trying to get it to work on the ms32 conning tower in 1.4. The gun will fire from the aft position but eventually it will cause a ctd as you get longer into the campaign with it. In the forward AA position, it ctds the first time you try and fire it manually.
I don't know what the ms32 conning tower is. But crashing as you get longer into the campaign doesn't sound like an ID problem to me. I'm no expert, just a beginner.

Peabody