SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-15, 07:33 PM   #16
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

I have ran FOTRS and I have never had a problem getting it to perform properly. Did you create your mod list with a clean game install?

Clean means that you removed the old game rebooted, installed the game, rebooted, install 1.5, rebooted, install JSGME and installed your mods and rebooted and then started your game.

Sounds to me like you deactivated a mod that may have corrupted a file and now you have no scope. Did you compare your file prior to mod install with the one from JSGME (the snapshot of your game file)?? When you take a snapshot of the game files you can compare a clean install to one that has had a mod or two activated and deactivated and see if there was any corruption after the deactivation.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-15, 08:15 PM   #17
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219

JSGME is not a perfect tool. With great mods (in MB), installing and uninstalling mods could leave "remains" of old mods in your SH4 basic installation, corrupting it.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-15, 10:24 PM   #18
danu68
Bosun

Downloads: 596

Can i ask you gentleman there are several missions in FOTRS MOD that the scope of the mission is to find and sink YAMATO but Yamato is nowhere to be found.Can you help me with a hint? Now my periscopes work after reinstalling everything. Thanks
danu68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 01:30 AM   #19
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

If it is late in the war, it is probably on the way to Okinawa.

Otherwise, I have no idea.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 05:44 AM   #20
HertogJan
Weps

Downloads: 137

I presume this is a single mission, if so, it shouldn't to far from your starting point.
Does the mission start in open waters or is it near land or a strait, what are the closest land masses and are the occupied?
HertogJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 09:20 AM   #21
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
JSGME is not a perfect tool. With great mods (in MB), installing and uninstalling mods could leave "remains" of old mods in your SH4 basic installation, corrupting it.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
this is especially true of older versions of jsgme, the earlier versions were often leaving things behind.

I have never had an issue like that with jsgme v2.6 but then I don't do a whole lot of mod changes anymore either so I guess I wouldn't be a good example of the last version being a trouble free one.
Old 02-24-15, 04:45 PM   #22
danu68
Bosun

Downloads: 596

Im next to RYUKYU ISLANDS NEAR JAPAN. THE MISSION NAME IS ROCKET TEST 2. I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FIND YAMATO.THE GAME DOES NOT TELL ME ANYTHING.
danu68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 05:18 PM   #23
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Fitzcarraldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
this is especially true of older versions of jsgme, the earlier versions were often leaving things behind.

I have never had an issue like that with jsgme v2.6 but then I don't do a whole lot of mod changes anymore either so I guess I wouldn't be a good example of the last version being a trouble free one.
See this common link for SH3 to SH5, common JSGME errors. Even for V 2.6 I've had mod soup errors but have been able to fix them. I've got 29 mods installed when I play combined GFO, TMO & RSRD for SH4. In SH5, I've got 85 mods running.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 07:30 PM   #24
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

I find that the best way to insure JGSME doesn't mess up is to uninstall everything via it before adding any new mods.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 10:14 PM   #25
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by danu68 View Post
Im next to RYUKYU ISLANDS NEAR JAPAN. THE MISSION NAME IS ROCKET TEST 2. I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FIND YAMATO.THE GAME DOES NOT TELL ME ANYTHING.
The creator of the mission/mod most likely wanted to leave you with some sense of uncertainty. Either that, or you don't need to go very far. Just play the mission. The worst that can happen is you won't see it.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-15, 03:49 AM   #26
HertogJan
Weps

Downloads: 137

I wonder if he made it historically correct, if so, it wouldn't be that hard to find.
HertogJan is offline   Reply With Quote