Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-20-18, 08:21 AM   #1
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Default 688 H/K Mission #2

Anyone can confirm if that mission is or is not working in DW with RA mod? Mine is crashing upon start. If so is there any solution to make it work?
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-18, 10:31 PM   #2
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Try loading it in the mission editor and see if something is no longer working.

You didn't say which version of RA you are running, so I'm guessing you mean RA 1.44? I have RA 1.44 loaded but I have been using 1.43. I have noticed that 1.44 has made some large changes in the platform database which causes some of the old missions to fail, but I really haven't played around with 1.44 a lot.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-18, 05:32 AM   #3
Pirate
Lieutenant

Downloads: 152

Loads fine for me on R.A. 1.44, both 688 H/K Mission #2 and 688 H/K Training Mission #2.
Old 02-21-18, 02:05 PM   #4
Polak2
Weps

Quote:
You didn't say which version of RA you are running, so I'm guessing you mean RA 1.44?
Thank you for help.
Yes, I am using 1.41 so probably there is the answer to this problem. I am in the situation of trying to upgrade my computer and OS so because of the limits of space of my laptop HD and all I am not too keen to keep up with the latest updates to RA. Rather more interesting to explore depths of DW in the current setup as is. Looks it should be resolved when I upgrade the rig.
Old 02-21-18, 10:15 PM   #5
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

I have most of the RA versions installed from 1.41 to 1.44. With a 1TB hard drive, I can get away with it.

Anyway, I checked 1.41 and you're right, that mission fails just before it fully loads.
I loaded it in the mission editor and nothing is red flagged. I haven't played around with it yet, but my guess is that its probably the downed pilot.
You could try to remove the pilot and then re-load him or just set up a newer version of RA. Let me know which newer version you want to try and I'll check to make sure the missions work.

I'm not "sold" on RA 1.44 yet, there are some nice updates in terms of graphics but those changes also make the 3D view look different-enough to throw me off. Its a small thing, really, but on a large screen I'd rather run 1.43. You might like 1.44 a lot more on a lap top but there have been some problems with the "canned" missions again (I'm guessing the next update should fix this).

I'm pretty sure Stewie (who did those great mission maps) is still running 1.41? Maybe he can check in and let us know how to fix that mission?
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-18, 10:52 PM   #6
Polak2
Weps

Hi ET2SN and thanks for taking your time to test this issue with the mission#2 under RA v1.41. For now, I have skipped this mission and proceed further down which is fine.

There will come I hope the time that I change the rig and will be able to upgrade RA. But even before that I will get some memory for my old laptop in few short days and at that point I will make some cleaning and reinstalling of the game and simulation titles I am fond of.

For the time being am interested though in you comment:
Quote:
1.44 there are some nice updates in terms of graphics but those changes also make the 3D view look different-enough to throw me off.
What exactly you mean here? I thought that graphics improvements are good for big and small screens alike. Thanks.