SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-20-09, 05:00 PM   #4846
Pants
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Damn 3.0 already heck i have been away along time, just downloading it as i type this.
To all those that know and remember me hiya and i hope you're all ok
to the new ones to the forum hiya too and nice to meet you

Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 05:13 PM   #4847
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Heey underpants!

Where the heck you've been? How's things?
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 05:15 PM   #4848
Pants
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 25

Hiya Dowly matey, been ill and had to save for a new pc
Other than that i'm great thanks bud, you?

Just realized that 3.0 is the last, sad times my friends sad times, oh well thank you for all your hard work, long hours, sleepless nights, constant PM's and all your patient replies to silly coments and questions ( you know who you are )

Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 09:10 PM   #4849
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Cheers Pants!

Yessir, we've reached the end of our journey as an organized mod team. You can find the offical statement here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155583

Hope things are better for you mate.

Sink'em all!

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 09:12 PM   #4850
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
Hiya Dowly matey, been ill and had to save for a new pc
Other than that i'm great thanks bud, you?
Ah, was just ill the other week for a good 5-6 days aswell. Fine now, balancing between sober and drunk.

Welcome back.
Old 10-21-09, 12:42 AM   #4851
mobias
Nub

Downloads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann View Post
@ Mobias,

Regarding your #3 issue, in addition to what Irish has already stated, you can also manually drag your crewmen to an interior compartment and back to the bridge to force them to change into/out of bad weather gear.

Regarding your #4 issue, try turning off your free camera and map contacts for higher realism... Those enemy ships will be MUCH harder to find then.

Good point, i did turn off exterior, unless i get a new ship for a bit , but i should man up and turn off birds eye...i agree there. I didn't know about the moving crew around to fix that little bug, but thanks, now i know.

I noticed all these things before i added the 'no ring ring' mod, just last night.

These were small issues though, i added a second post (should have edited the first] about the biggest two issues. 1) the auto movement of the mouse curser to the firing button, after using it to move the periscope/UZO around with the mouse. ..like i said, before, when you left clicked to 'let go' of the movement of the glass...your curser reappeared where it was when you first left clicked it. now, it flies way over to the big shiny red fire button..so literally, you have to F3 etc to get out of that looking mode...without wasting a loaded torpedo...

the second issue, was the full speed [flank i think?] setting wasn't working. it just kills the engine and the needle auto falls to zero speed. I will check right now to see if reloading all cmdr mods helped....

Thanks for still helping me guys..
Old 10-21-09, 01:09 AM   #4852
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobias View Post
These were small issues though, i added a second post (should have edited the first] about the biggest two issues. 1) the auto movement of the mouse curser to the firing button, after using it to move the periscope/UZO around with the mouse. ..like i said, before, when you left clicked to 'let go' of the movement of the glass...your curser reappeared where it was when you first left clicked it. now, it flies way over to the big shiny red fire button..so literally, you have to F3 etc to get out of that looking mode...without wasting a loaded torpedo...
One way is to learn to control the periscope with your up,down etc. keys. Press shift (I think) when moving the periscope and it moves faster (or slower, cant remember anymore).
Old 10-21-09, 02:26 AM   #4853
mobias
Nub

Downloads: 7

Quote:
@ Mobias,

Regarding your #3 issue, in addition to what Irish has already stated, you can also manually drag your crewmen to an interior compartment and back to the bridge to force them to change into/out of bad weather gear.

Regarding your #4 issue, try turning off your free camera and map contacts for higher realism... Those enemy ships will be MUCH harder to find then.
Good point, i did turn off exterior, unless i get a new ship for a bit ] but i should man up and turn off birds eye...i agree there. I didn't know about the moving crew around to fix that little bug, but thanks, now i know.

These were small issues though, i added a second post (should have edited the first] about the biggest two issues. 1) the auto movement of the mouse curser to the firing button, after using it to move the periscope/UZO around with the mouse. ..like i said, before, when you left clicked to 'let go' of the movement of the glass...your curser reappeared where it was when you first left clicked it. now, it flies way over to the big shiney red fire button..so literally, you have to F3 etc to get out of that looking mode...without wasting a loaded torpedo...

the second issue, was the full speed [flank i think?] setting wasn't working. it just kills the engine and the needle auto falls to zero speed.
---------------------------------
Ok, update: Flank Speed works! mysteriously resolved itself when i reloaded all mods after rollback. huh.
-the auto-mouse firing still happening, this seems more than ever by design. Does it do this on all you guy's game??? Am i the only one that used the mouse to look around the periscopes?

Yeah Dowly, thanks, that is precisely what i have to do now to move the periscope/UZO around...(knew about fast and slow..a necessity to get crosshairs to lock on small ships!) i keep my hand off the mouse until i switch views...
-the screen to pitch black happened again when i was watching a ship sink, in the event viewer, under dark water at night, and then hid the guages with .Del key on nub pad.

2 down, 2 to go it seems..! heh.
Old 10-21-09, 04:09 PM   #4854
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
Damn 3.0 already heck i have been away along time, just downloading it as i type this.
To all those that know and remember me hiya and i hope you're all ok
to the new ones to the forum hiya too and nice to meet you
HEhe....you just can't keep a good'n down...great seeing ya around

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-09, 10:40 PM   #4855
Rothwell white
Gunner

Downloads: 75

Just started my 7th patrol from Wilhelmshaven date 16-3-1940 and i justed noticed that Tirpitz had her 15" gun turrets missing i know she was launced in 1939 and commissioned in 1941 is this the problem

Last edited by Rothwell white; 10-21-09 at 11:27 PM.
Rothwell white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-09, 02:51 PM   #4856
Rothwell white
Gunner

Can any kind person please rcommend me any good u-boat camouflage mod that is compatable with GWX 3
Old 10-22-09, 04:38 PM   #4857
thehiredgun
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothwell white View Post
Can any kind person please rcommend me any good u-boat camouflage mod that is compatable with GWX 3
There is the IXB to IXD2 mod that is camoflauge skin that is compatible to GWX 3.0. If you can't find it on the mods page let me know. I will check the messages.
thehiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-09, 11:14 PM   #4858
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothwell white View Post
Just started my 7th patrol from Wilhelmshaven date 16-3-1940 and i justed noticed that Tirpitz had her 15" gun turrets missing i know she was launced in 1939 and commissioned in 1941 is this the problem
The temporary absence of the Tirpitz' turrets in-game is intentional.

RTFM!!!

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 10-22-09, 11:18 PM   #4859
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

To RW and any/all concerned:

A friendly reminder. Please remember that this thread was created to assist with and address matters relating to GWX itself.

If you have general questions relating to SH3 or other mods not constructed by the GWX dev team... please either search the archives or open a new thread to address your issue(s).

Thank you gentlemen (and any intrepid ladies.)

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 10-23-09, 12:34 AM   #4860
Rothwell white
Gunner

Quote:
The temporary absence of the Tirpitz' turrets in-game is intentional.

RTFM!!!
OK got yeah thanks i must have missed that bit when read the manual