SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-04-12, 05:04 PM   #661
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
Is there anybody out there who could take care about the menu.txt to have that one in every spoken Language it this forum?
I can make Russian translation.. but I can translate only from English to Russian.. not from German..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 05:22 PM   #662
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Quote:
Hey Mate,

i try to understand what you mean here....one think i like to tell you some of you things you see in screenshots are still not aviable at the actual download version....working on that....
but i dont understand what you mean here??? "I guess I don't follow and understand what CPS Magui does for OH II and SH5"

Best Regards

DrJones
That is it Doc. What does CSP Magui do for OHII and SH5? I'm just trying to understand what changes and or improvements Magui does as it is now, and what would the outcome would be if it wasn't installed. Would it break anything or cause problems with playability if it's not used. Am I surmising correctly they always need to be installed together.

The same could be asked as to what would happen if Magui was installed and OHII wasn't?

From what I can understand both should be installed together in SH5... one complements the other.

You guys are doing a good job, and I appologise for driving you bonkers with questions like this.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 05:23 PM   #663
flostt
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Stefan my friend, you are no retard. All I'm asking is if you do not install CSP Magui in SH5 that has OHII installed, what will happen. Will it screw up SH5 and how it plays? I guess I don't follow and understand what CPS Magui does for OH II and SH5.

From looking at Doc Jones' screenshots I don't have any of what all he shows with the Magui updates installed. But then again I don't have any ot TDW's mods installed.

If anything, I am the retard.... not you.
Hi GT182

CSP Magui is a graphic interface, this is an alternative to TDW's New UI or Reapers UI-Boat V5....

You do not need to install them, you can play with the stock interface, but in my opinion these 3 give you alternatives in graphics and improve the handling of your boat and issuing commands...
Old 12-04-12, 05:51 PM   #664
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by flostt View Post
Hi GT182

CSP Magui is a graphic interface, this is an alternative to TDW's New UI or Reapers UI-Boat V5....

You do not need to install them, you can play with the stock interface, but in my opinion these 3 give you alternatives in graphics and improve the handling of your boat and issuing commands...
Thats it excactly...

One Important thing....i need feedback from all of you how uses this interface, where errors coming up..please tell me....
DrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 07:12 PM   #665
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

I have almost finished the Italian translation, but I've some doubts about the correctness of several phrases I've translated by intuition.

Like Volodya I would like to compare my work with an English version of your menu.txt, but the one available on the first page seems largely outdated.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 10:54 PM   #666
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Quote:
Hi GT182

Ahhh, that's what it does. I had a very slight idea that's what it might be but wasn't sure. Thanks Flostt, my question is now answered. I now understand what it does for SH5.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-12, 01:44 AM   #667
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
...you are no retard. All I'm asking is if you do not install CSP Magui in SH5 that has OHII installed, what will happen. Will it screw up SH5 and how it plays? I guess I don't follow and understand what CPS Magui does for OH II and SH5
Thanks, I was getting a bit worried about my mental status there.

So,
IF you don't install the CSP Magui (or some other UI like the TDW's New UIs) you'll simply have the default interface.

IF you then have the OHII installed nothing else should happen than you'll get the features of the OHII.

The CSP Magui and the OHII aren't related in any way so just go ahead pick either one of them (or even better -both), your SH5 will run OK

Best
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-12, 04:29 AM   #668
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I have almost finished the Italian translation, but I've some doubts about the correctness of several phrases I've translated by intuition.

Like Volodya I would like to compare my work with an English version of your menu.txt, but the one available on the first page seems largely outdated.
Hey Mate,

thank you, that sounds good.

Yes that's right the old one is outdatet.

Maybe someone here likes to make an engllish one?

Best Regards

DrJones
Old 12-05-12, 04:30 AM   #669
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
I can make Russian translation.. but I can translate only from English to Russian.. not from German..
Fantastic...

still asked here some to make an eglish one...
Old 12-05-12, 06:14 AM   #670
flostt
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 86

I guess I could try and make an english version of the menu.txt (if you're willing to wait a couple of days...real life issues)

Does anybody have a "stock" english menu.txt for me which I could use for the basic wording to start of with?
Old 12-05-12, 08:22 AM   #671
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Fantastic...

still asked here some to make an eglish one...
Ahoy Dr.

Which English menu.txt file corresponds to your German one in CSP Magui v3.0
Old 12-05-12, 10:06 AM   #672
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I guess I could try and make an english version of the menu.txt (if you're willing to wait a couple of days...real life issues)

Does anybody have a "stock" english menu.txt for me which I could use for the basic wording to start of with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Ahoy Dr.

Which English menu.txt file corresponds to your German one in CSP Magui v3.0
New UI's menu.txt can be used as base for the English translation of Magui, as both TDW and DrJones have retained most of the stock menu entries

Alternatively, the outdated english version of Magui available on the first page, can be used
Old 12-05-12, 10:14 AM   #673
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
New UI's menu.txt can be used as base for the English translation of Magui, as both TDW and DrJones have retained most of the stock menu entries

Alternatively, the outdated english version of Magui available on the first page, can be used
Aye Sir
Old 12-05-12, 11:49 AM   #674
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Hey Mate,

thank you, that sounds good.

Yes that's right the old one is outdatet.

Maybe someone here likes to make an engllish one?

Best Regards

DrJones
Okay, I need for some help on few entries then:
  • 2410=Entfernung abstecken: can I translate it as "remove marks", or "clear the map"?
  • 2411=Mit Stift markieren: is this the "marker" map tool?
  • 2414=Werkzeug erweitern: does it mean "Expand tools", or rather "Advanced tools"?
  • 2492=Mapgroup anzeigen: is "Show maps" a correct translation?
  • 2499=Console Links Top fixieren: should I translate is as "lock the interface on the screen top left corner", or rather "lock the top left interface on screen" or what else?
  • 2504=Steuerungsanzeige fixieren: I suppose Steuerungs are U-boat controls (rudder/compass, telegraph/knotmeter and depthmeter); according to google translate, Steuerungsanzeige means "control display"... but practically, which displays this function is supposed to toggle
  • 2523=Gegnerfahrt: "Target speed"?
  • 2525=Lagewinkel: "Angle on Bow"?
  • 2526=Zielrichtung: I've found the following translations of it: "Line of sight" or "Target direction"; wich one is the best?
Old 12-05-12, 12:12 PM   #675
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Okay, I need for some help on few entries then:
  • 2410=Entfernung abstecken: can I translate it as "remove marks", or "clear the map"? measuring range
  • 2411=Mit Stift markieren: is this the "marker" map tool? Correct
  • 2414=Werkzeug erweitern: does it mean "Expand tools", or rather "Advanced tools"? Both seem to me correct
  • 2492=Mapgroup anzeigen: is "Show maps" a correct translation? That means the Tai Map to show it up or hide it
  • 2499=Console Links Top fixieren: should I translate is as "lock the interface on the screen top left corner", or rather "lock the top left interface on screen" <---- That one is it!!! "anchor the top left part of the console "... maybeor what else?
  • 2504=Steuerungsanzeige fixieren: I suppose Steuerungs are U-boat controls (rudder/compass, telegraph/knotmeter and depthmeter); according to google translate, Steuerungsanzeige means "control display"... but practically, which displays this function is supposed to toggle That means here, that the slide in Gauges are fixed / anchored on screen and wont hide automaticly by mouse out event
  • 2523=Gegnerfahrt: "Target speed"? Correct
  • 2525=Lagewinkel: "Angle on Bow"? Right
  • 2526=Zielrichtung: I've found the following translations of it: "Line of sight" or "Target direction"; wich one is the best? That migth be a label in the Big TDC....both might be correct
made some inline text

DrJones