SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-23-08, 01:05 AM   #1
UnderseaLcpl
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Patrol awards broken?

Hi all,

I was just hoping some of you could give me a little perspective on the awards typically given at the end of patrols. It seems that even if I don't bother to complete my assigned objective ( since they insist on sending me to the other side of Australia) I just sink a few score tons of ships and get a Knights Cross.

Aside from the fact that Ubi evidently didn't do a lot of research on what the KC should look like my concern is that it's the only medal I've ever gotten. Am I doing too well or not doing well enough? For that matter,does anyone know how what the basis for awarding the medals is? (tonnage, patrol length, renown?)

Moreover, my crew seems to get the short end of the stick when it comes to medals. Every time I get 2 2nd Class IC for them and 3 U-boat front clasps. Perhaps this is why they look at me the way they do. This game needs a "Call Doenitz" button; historically he was very accomodating of captains' demands for more awards for their men, and every good captain knows he is only as good as his crew.

As long as I'm on the subject the crew promotions suck too. IMHO I should be able to have a boat full of Kapitanleutnants if I want or at least wish them well as they leave to take command of their own boat. Just a nice pop-up message that tells me of their success and the need to replace them, for the immersion value.

I see I have rambled. For those wishing to expedite the reading of this post here's a summary;
1) Why do I just get KC?
2) How do you get other medals?
3) Why isn't my crew getting good medals on 100,000+ tonnage patrols?
4) IMO the crew gets the shaft. If I could mod I would fix it.

Thanks for reading!
Thanks for replies!

I stole this sig from Task Force
UnderseaLcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 06:53 AM   #2
UnderseaLcpl
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 0

Surely someone must have or not have issues with patrol awards. Even if its just me I'd like to know it.

I stole this sig from Task Force
UnderseaLcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-08, 06:16 PM   #3
MajorTOM_WLFPAK1
Swabbie

Downloads: 41

all i ever get is the MOH and the NC. and it doesn't matter what i do. i have over a million tons sunk and on my 12th patrol.
MajorTOM_WLFPAK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-08, 07:02 PM   #4
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

a big factor is coming back with a healthy crew and no damage as well so its not just tonage and renown (sinking a lot of tonage doesnt always mean a lot of renown so what you sink matters too)

i cant really say for sure the metals are always awarded as they should be but you do get more metals than just those two, and remember that metals are not usually given for just doing well they were suposed to be earned for doing something special.
Old 06-24-08, 09:28 PM   #5
Lynx2069
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I haven't ever encountered that problem with the medals but all of mine have the wrong patrol listed (i.e. the award I got for patrol 1 says it was after patrol 2 2 says 3 and so forth) and before I installed TMO for 1.5 the names didn't match the pictures.