SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-30-08, 10:30 AM   #1
germannoob
Sailor man

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
Default Some nasty and strange behavior without damage

Hi there,
I'm fan of SH since SilentHunter came out.
With the actually one, I've some problems.

Here comes the story:
I have TMO, RSRD, OM and some "DasBoot" soundmods from SH3 installed. I wanted to attack a Liberty Freighter on the US East Cost. I made the fire solution for Range, BowAngle, and Speed by clicking the apropriate Icons. All went fine. Shoot Tube 1 and 2 and then... forgot to click the -button a fourth time to get the solution to the tdc... well, fired tubes 3 to 6... all of them went under the liberty cargo, but the depth was at 3meters...
I fired tube 7 and 8 and the same again...

So the first question: Why are these **** damn "Aal"'s going under my target? Do britain have expanded polystyrene onboard so the target have only 1meter depth?

So I blowed out the water, got to surface and tried to attack the Liberty with my good old 10,2cm, with wich I've sunk some destroyers back in sh3...

And there comes the second question: Why isn't the gun manned even when the button is lit? I have to manually assign some persons to the gun. Is there a human workaround? (I don't want to hire some diving equipment for my crew.

Finally I sunk the Liberty, but got some hits in my ass. But the damage could be repaired (the propulsion propellers in 50meters for example!). But strange behavior occured after them:
underwater I haven't had any working engine? the propellers stand still. nothing worked... and my rear began to sunk...??? After some time and 90 meters depth I have had a diving angle of 30 degree rear down? What is this??? My Hull damage was 2 and all other was ok.

So, maybe someone could help me?

Thanks and please forgive my bad english...
germannoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-08, 11:05 AM   #2
MDV_4life
Soundman

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by germannoob
Hi there,
I'm fan of SH since SilentHunter came out.
With the actually one, I've some problems.

Here comes the story:
I have TMO, RSRD, OM and some "DasBoot" soundmods from SH3 installed. I wanted to attack a Liberty Freighter on the US East Cost. I made the fire solution for Range, BowAngle, and Speed by clicking the apropriate Icons. All went fine. Shoot Tube 1 and 2 and then... forgot to click the -button a fourth time to get the solution to the tdc... well, fired tubes 3 to 6... all of them went under the liberty cargo, but the depth was at 3meters...
I fired tube 7 and 8 and the same again...

So the first question: Why are these **** damn "Aal"'s going under my target? Do britain have expanded polystyrene onboard so the target have only 1meter depth?

So I blowed out the water, got to surface and tried to attack the Liberty with my good old 10,2cm, with wich I've sunk some destroyers back in sh3...

And there comes the second question: Why isn't the gun manned even when the button is lit? I have to manually assign some persons to the gun. Is there a human workaround? (I don't want to hire some diving equipment for my crew.

Finally I sunk the Liberty, but got some hits in my ass. But the damage could be repaired (the propulsion propellers in 50meters for example!). But strange behavior occured after them:
underwater I haven't had any working engine? the propellers stand still. nothing worked... and my rear began to sunk...??? After some time and 90 meters depth I have had a diving angle of 30 degree rear down? What is this??? My Hull damage was 2 and all other was ok.

So, maybe someone could help me?

Thanks and please forgive my bad english...
First of all your english is good.

Lets look at your problems, euhm torpedoes running to deep.
Maybe you forgot to set the appropriate (srry for bad english :p) depth for the target or you may have selected a salvo and then set your depth so you end up with only 1 setted depth. It doesn't seem to happen often but the depth settings seems to be re-set when you make a update on your TDC so check one last time to your settings before you fire your fishes.

Second question: Maybe you can try by activating the 'all man to battlestation' button, normally then they should end up on their battle stations. If you pressed the button 'B' to look true your binoculors and then by aiming at your target so you get a red chrosshair and then press the space bar you should have ordered to man the deck gun and fire at will at the target.

These are just things that you can try if things don't 'seem' to work.

Question 3:

I had a problem 2 days ago with my damaged proppelors and a 1 (not 2, 'cause you have 2 off them) diesel engines. I had to wait untill my proppelors where fixed then i could go farward. But I could only move when being under water for some reasen. Then after a while and some tries they worked while being surfaced. Now the problem was the damage control screen showed that they're wasn't any damage at my ruther control system but they didn't funtion so i couldn't make my route so i had to start a new carrier because i only had one save.

You should look at your damage at your sub and see if their is any flooding wich they're was you said. Normally they pomp the flooding out of the sub with the main pomp wich had to be repaired in my case. My rear was fully flooded. I survived the flooding but the problem was my ruther. Maybe a bug that it didn't showed up in the damage control center. At least it is the first time it happens to me.

Just make sure you have at least 2 saves ready so that when something strange happens to your sub at least you can try something different in order to prevent this from happening again.

Good luck with your sub :p
Old 06-30-08, 12:29 PM   #3
germannoob
Sailor man

Thanks.

1. Question: I fired one tube after another from my testing boat... no salvo
2. I'll give it a try, because I only tested "aim for waterline" and "fire at will" buttons. And on Crew control screen the deck gun wasn't manned
3. I haven't seen any flooding nor damage. It was my first thought. So, I see. I've paid for some bonus bugs...
Old 06-30-08, 05:06 PM   #4
MDV_4life
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by germannoob
Thanks.

1. Question: I fired one tube after another from my testing boat... no salvo
2. I'll give it a try, because I only tested "aim for waterline" and "fire at will" buttons. And on Crew control screen the deck gun wasn't manned
3. I haven't seen any flooding nor damage. It was my first thought. So, I see. I've paid for some bonus bugs...
Chill out, it ain't something serious. Hopefully you have a save from wich you can resume your game.
Old 07-01-08, 02:20 AM   #5
germannoob
Sailor man

No,
but it was just a self made test game... My german boy's captured a tambor class
Old 07-01-08, 04:32 AM   #6
MDV_4life
Soundman

Your own created mission you mean ?
Yea i think you got nailed out there :p