SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-17-17, 01:29 AM   #256
CaptBlanc
Swabbie

Downloads: 112
Uploads: 0
Icon9

I think you misunderstood me, Robbins.

Madsen is most certainly a monster!

What my point was, is that he's apparently the kind of sociopath that can, indeed, attempt to cover up an accidental death. Much like a hit-and-run driver who causes an automobile accident but flees to avoid responsibility.

Madsen, from what I can see, values his expensive hobby of subs and rockets more than the life of Kim Wall or the social responsiblility he owes because of her death.

His actions, especially those of dismembering the body, and his behavior of calm detachment alternating with depression over losing his sub, show that he has a massive defect of character.

If he were tried in the U.S. , he'd find out that due to his attempts to hide the incident from investigation, he's managed to turn what could have been a simple invouluntary manslaughter case into a felony with a life imprisonment penalty attached.
CaptBlanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-17, 05:06 PM   #257
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBlanc View Post
Madsen, from what I can see, values his expensive hobby of subs and rockets more than the life of Kim Wall or the social responsiblility he owes because of her death.
Well, the sponsors of his space adventure has withdrawn ther support, and the remaining members of his support group are gathering soon to discuss the closure of that group. Their individual support payment has allready stopped. So whenever PM is getting out, and one day it probably will happen, then he will get out to nothing. But this is purely speculation.

According to an article, several lawyers are wondering, why the lawyer of PM allows him to talk that much as he has done. The changing explanations of PM has made his case worse, and even if the remaining parts of the body of KW won't be found, the court may disregard the explanations of PM as unvoid, because he has changed them several times. At least, according to those lawyers. In Denmark, we had a case in 2000, when a murderer of 3 people were convicted, even though the bodies weren't found. And thus PM could be convicted too. The dismemberment of the body makes his explanations really suspicious. If he buried the body in one piece, then somebody else should have taken the dead body up from the sea, cut it out carefully, and then been dumping the pieces back to the sea. That explanation would be the only plausible explanation, but the problem for PM is that nobody can and will believe that explantion.

And this is the conclusion which made the sponsors withdraw their money from the support group for his space adventure.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-17, 07:41 PM   #258
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
If he buried the body in one piece, then somebody else should have taken the dead body up from the sea, cut it out carefully, and then been dumping the pieces back to the sea.
This would mean someone found the body then said to themselves "Oooh, I must cut up this body then dump it back in the sea". That was a thrill!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 07:21 AM   #259
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
This would mean someone found the body then said to themselves "Oooh, I must cut up this body then dump it back in the sea". That was a thrill!!
This is exactly the reason why the sponsors withdrew their support - it's unbelievable. Who the "jingle-bell jingle-bell jingle-bell jingle-bell" would do that? Nobody!

Anyway, I heard in radio today that PM has accepted to have his mental health examined by a psychologist, so the police doesn't have to force it upon him.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 07:37 AM   #260
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Oh to be a fly on the wall in that office!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 10:27 AM   #261
heartc
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 71

I don't buy any of it.

- Guy makes a private space program.
- Guy has a private submarine.
- Journalist washes ashore, dismembered
- Zero motif, at least none that is discussed (or did I miss anything?)

This smells like some alphabet %&$# to me. I know this might come as a surprise to some of you around these parts, but the IC is not your friend.

Also, journalists are often involved in intelligence operations / have connections to the IC. And submarines / submariners also tend to come close to fields the IC is operating in. So do space programs.

I have no idea what the story here is, but the underpinnings are very suspicious, and the official narrative makes absolutely no sense. Guy builds a submarine and wants to go to space, has lots of fun with it, but then decides to kill a random journalist instead, dismember her and drop her at sea, sink the sub and then tell a BS story, even though he must know that bodies tend to wash up at shore and dismembering is of no use, especially in modern times with DNA identification (what it helps with though is making identification harder or impossible for the general public or people not directly involved in the investigation...or operation).

What is also strange is that the police immediately held him for *murder* when the whereabouts of the journalist were not even known yet (she was floating dismembered at sea at this point according to the story), so how could the police pretty much have the case closed before any investigation even started or the body turned up? Was there more going on before the act and was the police or whoever already monitoring it, or was there a script in place? You do not immediately pin murder on a guy whose submarine sank only because some journalist disappeared at around the same time, I mean, honestly?

Also - I have no idea - was there any connection between this guy and the subsim member murdered a few years ago who was supposedly a witness in some political case? Did they know each other?

In any case, I just read the first several pages of this thread until the case was closed and none of it made any sense whatsoever. Not in the beginning, the middle or the end. It sure smells like BS though.

Last edited by Sailor Steve; 09-18-17 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Edited for language
heartc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 12:09 PM   #262
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartc View Post
This smells like some alphabet %&$# to me.
Or, maybe an accident happened, the guy panicked, and wasn't thinking clearly?

Nah. It's probably the spooks. That's much more likely.

Last edited by Sailor Steve; 09-18-17 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Edited for language
razark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 12:37 PM   #263
heartc
Samurai Navy

Yes. Even though, I'm not saying the spooks "did it", because what actually happened and not is unclear when they were involved.

Also, want to correct myself with regards to the subsim member murdered a few years ago: I think it was not a political case he was a witness in, but had something to do with organized crime. Makes no difference though in the end, because OC has all sorts of connections to agencies and authorities. And politics.

Last edited by heartc; 09-18-17 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-18-17, 01:12 PM   #264
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135

You don't know much about police work do you? Police always assumes the worst and they don't blame, they suspect. Blaming is prosecutors job. They build together a case against suspect.
Old 09-18-17, 01:47 PM   #265
heartc
Samurai Navy

Yes, but usually they don't immediately go public like that with their investigation or their suspicion. I'm sure it's actually against the law in most jurisdictions to implicate a guy that early and that openly in what is still an ongoing investigation at that point. They do that internally but don't usually go public like that. Unless you WANT a certain narrative be propagated and "know" the outcome before the investigation is closed. The fact that authorities came out that early with "We are holding him for suspected murder" while the victim was just known to be "missing" makes the whole thing more suspect. At a minimum, there must have been going on a lot more than that beforehand what they are not telling. Which is what I'm saying: This thing is a lot more involved than the BS story they put out: "Hey, yeah, it was just Mr. Nice Guy who went maniac again, you know the type." Bull.

Last edited by heartc; 09-18-17 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-18-17, 02:05 PM   #266
mako88sb
XO

Downloads: 0

I'm assuming the journalist was a heavy user of the internet and no doubt, her sudden absence from it was what set off alarm bells with anybody that knew her plus the police that probably checked into that right away. For PM to claim he had dropped her off somewhere else must have been a pretty glaring point of contention for them.
mako88sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 02:14 PM   #267
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartc View Post
Yes, but usually they don't immediately go public like that with their investigation or their suspicion.
Then there's those times when officials act because they know more about the case than you do.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 02:26 PM   #268
heartc
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Then there's those times when officials act because they know more about the case than you do.
And you.

Old 09-18-17, 02:41 PM   #269
heartc
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako88sb View Post
I'm assuming the journalist was a heavy user of the internet and no doubt, her sudden absence from it was what set off alarm bells with anybody that knew her plus the police that probably checked into that right away. For PM to claim he had dropped her off somewhere else must have been a pretty glaring point of contention for them.
Yes. So, she was missing. People and relatives probably reported her missing after a short time, too. Many people go missing all the time for all sorts of reasons. But for the police to immediately confront the press with "that sub guy probably murdered her" is quite extraordinary. Even if they were last together, her disappearing does not immediately implicate murder, and by this specific guy. She could have run off, she could have gotten drunken somewhere in some bar and kidnapped, they could have been involved in some crime and she made a getaway...So, how did they have such high confidence immediately to hold him for murder AND make it public right away? Did they have taps on him? Did they have him under surveillance prior? Why?

Old 09-18-17, 02:51 PM   #270
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135

Actually first police investigated disappearance of KW. Then PM's story had some holes in it. Surveillance tapes and eyewitnesses couldn't verify it. Then torso of KW was founded. THEN police began talking about murder. You don't find torsos in water every other day in nordic countries.

Don't get too much involved in conspiracy theories.

Tags
madsen, murder, nautilus, wall