Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-19, 03:22 PM   #1
JohnyCat
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default NFG here!

HI Guys. Total Noob here. I have just bought SH5 in the steam sale. In fact I got a deal which included SH3, SH4, SH5 and the expansions.

I have downloaded them all but I haven't even started one up. I was wondering if some one could give a 57 year old guy who is not too tech savy and has never played a sub sim, some advice on where to start.

There were some brilliant people who gave some great detailed reviews on Steam of all the games and I think that I would enjoy any of them.
A lot of them stressed the importance of modding the games, and if anyone can advise me of the essentials that will run with the steam based games, that would be really appreciated too.

I realise that these games are simulations and that level of detail appeals to me.
I think though, that I would probably use some of the automated features, although I would love to learn it all in time.

I studied German at university ,many ,many years ago and I read a lot of historical books about world war 2 but not actually a U Boat book yet.
Again, any recommendations would be welcomed, particularly those in german.

I am really looking forward to being an active member of this fantastic community.

John
JohnyCat is offline   Reply With Quote