SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-13-12, 05:03 PM   #796
DelphiUniverse
中国水兵

Downloads: 125
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Well, like a Jackass I failed to Backup my SH5.exe. I guess I'm gonna have to go ahead and reinstall SH5 for the 133rd time to get this working

Should I run the Generic Patcher last, after I've installed all the Mods?
afaik, the patcher patches sh5.exe, shsim.act and shcollisions.act, none seem to be touched by any mods, so it wouldn't matter, but for safety I would install the patches after all the mods.

1. install game, 2: install 1.2 official patch, 3: install mods 4: use generic patcher

You might want to backup these files too, but it is not necessary as the generic patcher allows to reverse the patches again.
Old 08-13-12, 05:41 PM   #797
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelphiUniverse View Post
afaik, the patcher patches sh5.exe, shsim.act and shcollisions.act, none seem to be touched by any mods, so it wouldn't matter, but for safety I would install the patches after all the mods.

1. install game, 2: install 1.2 official patch, 3: install mods 4: use generic patcher

You might want to backup these files too, but it is not necessary as the generic patcher allows to reverse the patches again.
This is how I patch the game:

I create a subfolder inside the MODS folder, and I copy there the files mentioned by DelphiUniverse. I set then the patcher to look for game files in that path. Once finished patching, I enable the modified files with JSGME, as if they were a normal mod.

When a new patch is released, I disable the "patch mod", I trash it, and I start again from the beginning. In this way I make sure not to mess things up.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 07:06 PM   #798
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Everything worked as it should in the Campaign Tutorial (F7 closed the doors, and all Mods installed), but when I arrived in Kiel Port and selected the first mission, the game loaded and F7 CTD'd

I have had enough today. I'll look at it again maybe tomorrow.
Old 08-13-12, 07:08 PM   #799
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Fixed the problem mentioned with the AI Crew Damage Control patch. While fixing it I found another bug - if the crew removed some flood water from a zone (box) I wasn't updating the water level (height) of the zone (box) and it was causing havoc with the physics calcs That problem has been fixed also now.

I also noticed something that I'm trying to remedy: when a torpedo hits a zone (box) the game automatically sets the damage level for it to 1.0. This is bad for my patch and to me unrealistic. The zone (box) is probably not 100% demolished from a torpedo impact. 50%-70% I can see but not 100%. Just trying to find where it's setting this to 1.0 and then I'll release an updated AI Crew Damage Control patch.

I saw what you posted gap and it would be really hard to implement it. First of all I cannot create new variables to hold the data needed (I could but it would be one hell of an undertaking IF I could even do it correctly). Second the game does not store the original HPs of the zone (box) in memory. It only has a float value denoting the damage level (0-1.0). Most everything is a 0-1.0 float value.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 07:48 PM   #800
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default [INFO] Sub on Bottom Fix

For those who enable the Sub on Bottom Fix and are having issue's of boat settling 1-2 meters deeper then specified for Periscope Depth and Snorkel Depth.

For now, you can make your own new mod for the boats CFG files. You can easily adjust these values as required in your data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7<blah>\NSS_Uboat7<blah>.C FG files and save them to your new personal MOD.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 08:17 PM   #801
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
For now, you can make your own new mod for the boats CFG files. You can easily adjust these values as required in your data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7<blah>\NSS_Uboat7<blah>.C FG files and save them to your new personal MOD.
Hi!

or just disable that patch..
Thanks

Did you saw my question here - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=771

Thanks for any reply
Volodya

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 08:54 PM   #802
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

alright found where it was setting the damage level to 1.0 on torpedo impact. Here's what I've done:

3 new variables have been defined:
V1 - if damage increase amount to zone (box) is greater than this value then there's a chance it can be randomized (value is 0.75)
V2 - % chance that damage increase amount will be randomized. If random number is greater than this value then damage increase amount is not randomized (value is 0.75)
V3 - minimum damage level increase amount. The damage level increase amount will be >= this value. A Random number is generated until it is >= to this value (value is 0.5)

So let's say torpedo impacts a zone (box) and game says damage increase (DI) to this zone (box) is 1.342 (max damage level is 1.0 for a zone (box)). Notice I said damage increase here. The game will check to see if DI > V1. If not then DI is added to existing damage level of zone (box). If so then game gets a random number (RN). If RN > V2 then DI is added to the existing damage level of zone (box). If not then game keeps getting a random number (RN2) until RN2 > V3. Game then takes RN2 and adds it to the existing damage level of the zone (box).

The key point here is this is the damage level increase amount, not the existing damage to the zone (box). As I said before the game was always making those zones within the MinRadius of the shell/torpedo always have a damage level of 1.0. To me very unrealistic because it's saying zone (box) is utterly destroyed.

Doing final testing now...
Old 08-13-12, 09:58 PM   #803
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.0.53.0 released. See post #1

Fixed problems with the AI Crew Damage Control patch. Added some new features to the AI Crew Damage Control patch.

NOTE: IF YOU PATCHED YOUR SHCOLLISIONS.ACT FILE WITH PREVIOUS PATCHER THEN YOU NEED A CLEAN, UNMODIFIED (I.E. STOCK) SHCOLLISIONS.ACT FILE TO PATCH!

Let the tweaking begin

Old 08-13-12, 10:10 PM   #804
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Hi!

What about MODS folder there?
Is it necessary to enable new zones.cfg file I mean AI Crew Damage Control Revised Zones.cfg?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 08-13-12, 10:30 PM   #805
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Hi!

What about MODS folder there?
Is it necessary to enable new zones.cfg file I mean AI Crew Damage Control Revised Zones.cfg?
That file will allow zones (boxes) to start flooding as soon as they get damaged (provided they are under the waterline). In the stock zones.cfg file almost every zone had to incur 30% of it's HPs in damage before flooding would start. With the AI Crew Damage Control patch there's no reason to wait until 30% damage before flooding starts. So I updated FX_Update's zones.cfg file so that flooding would start as soon as the zone incurred some damage
Old 08-13-12, 10:45 PM   #806
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

OK. Thank you for the explanation..
I'll replace the file in the FX Update..

PS: Could you interested in a problem described in this thread from the post #9 and below - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=196968

and in this thread from the post #1892 - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...96#post1921096

Thank you again for your great job!

Old 08-13-12, 10:59 PM   #807
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Hi!

or just disable that patch..
Thanks

Did you saw my question here - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=771

Thanks for any reply
Volodya
The answer is neither. It's hard-coded in the exe. I could probably find it if I was looking hard enough
Old 08-13-12, 11:02 PM   #808
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

The next 'big' thing I was planning on trying to implement was individual engine controls. I know where in the exe switching to/from diesels/electric is and I just have to sit down and really take a hard look at what's going on
Old 08-13-12, 11:07 PM   #809
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The answer is neither. It's hard-coded in the exe. I could probably find it if I was looking hard enough
It's not such a big problem..
We can live without it..

Old 08-13-12, 11:12 PM   #810
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
It's not such a big problem..
We can live without it..
I like the fact that you can't use the binoculars when decks awash. I think of it as a penalty for using decks awash.

Have you noticed your diesel fuel rate consumption increase when using decks awash?

One thing I have to do is update my sub exhaust mod. Since the exhaust ports can now be underwater I need to have them 'exhausting' bubbles instead of smoke when running decks awash And these bubbles need to have sound and be a source for sound detection by the enemy!