SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-10-10, 04:58 PM   #391
derblaueClaus
Seaman

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
STRATEGIC SUBSIM SKIPPER
For you, Silent Hunter 4 is just Battleship with shiny, moving pieces. You see the big picture, you think long term, and you are indifferent to political consequences. They would not have put you in charge of a $2 billion attack sub if they didn't want you to use it. You learned that back in Red Storm Rising and you never forgot. You prefer handling large scale operations like Fleet Command and Fighting Steel. Half your time is spent setting up mind-numbingly complex battle plans, with 8 layers of contingencies. You pray for the day Sonalysts will release a ballistic missile sub. With nukes. Every day is a good day for the other side to die. Your motto is "Be my friend or be a mushroom cloud."
Allright....who wants to be a mushroom cloud ?
Did I mention i like to play the Distant Guns Series and HoI III ?
Old 03-11-10, 02:41 AM   #392
Gilbou
Chief

Downloads: 152

casual subsim skipper
Gilbou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 03:02 AM   #393
xiombargdei
Swabbie

Downloads: 24

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER
xiombargdei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 05:56 AM   #394
Morpheus
Ensign

Downloads: 17

Since i became a father i retarded to that kind of skipper that forgot how salty air smells...
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 11:17 AM   #395
SSN_638
Watch

Downloads: 2

Hardcore, by God . Doin' my ol' mentor Cap'n Brooks on the Whale proud !
Old 03-11-10, 01:39 PM   #396
Freebird
Mate

Downloads: 29

Says here I'm HARDCORE but I feel like I'm a long ways from a veteran subskipper with a big bag of tricks.

I do pretty damn good with just the O'Kane & Cromwell(90 & 45') attacks!

Gary
Freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 10:13 PM   #397
Werekoala
Nub

Downloads: 0

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.
You are the "sim" in Subsim.

Yes indeedy!
Old 03-22-10, 07:19 PM   #398
Marauder7
Watch

Downloads: 57
Default YES!! err...what's a Skipper? Some kind of dance move maybe...

What kind of subsim skipper are you?
HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPERNo doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.
Marauder7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 07:59 PM   #399
SurfnSea
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 10

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER
Periscopes are for wimps. Let's face it, any snapperhead can bring a WWII subsim to periscope depth, lock onto the red triangle and plug away. Real men never get closer than 8000 yards to their target. Your subsim of choice is made by a company in Waterford, Conn. You thrive on complex Target-Motion Analysis equations, deciphering broadband contacts, and gauging ESM signal strength. You are paler than Siberian stripper and proud of it. You long for the day you can take your Seawolf class nuke into an online game against a whole fleet of Type VIICs. One ADCAP equals "make my day".

Well, except for the first and last sentences, it's right on. Give me my U.S. fleet sub and I'm happy...Enjoyed the quiz even though it required a continuous internet connection...Ahh well, d@#$% the DRMs, extreme speed ahead.
SurfnSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 12:45 AM   #400
McHibbins
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 80

HARDCORE......hell, i wanna be one
Old 04-03-10, 10:41 AM   #401
Kryptoff
Swabbie

Downloads: 43

CASUAL SUBSIM SKIPPER
You fell in love with Aces of the Deep. Your playing style is relaxed, more for fun than historical accuracy. You always play Sub Command or Dangerous Waters from the NavMap (rightclick is your friend), if you ever ventured to play them at all. Probably you prefer WWII subsims like Silent Hunter 3, SH4 and Aces. You may try the manual TDC, but you prefer to leave the auto map contacts on, (blank maps scare you). Even though you know submarine skippers missed targets occasionally in real life, you cannot resist reloading a mission to take another shot at a 10,000-tonne troopship that got away. One ship, one torpedo, finished off with the deck gun--that's the creed you live by.
Kryptoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-10, 10:16 AM   #402
commandosolo2009
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 132
Default nice

STRATEGIC SUBSIM SKIPPER

For you, Silent Hunter 4 is just Battleship with shiny, moving pieces. You see the big picture, you think long term, and you are indifferent to political consequences. They would not have put you in charge of a $2 billion attack sub if they didn't want you to use it. You learned that back in Red Storm Rising and you never forgot. You prefer handling large scale operations like Fleet Command and Fighting Steel. Half your time is spent setting up mind-numbingly complex battle plans, with 8 layers of contingencies. You pray for the day Sonalysts will release a ballistic missile sub. With nukes. Every day is a good day for the other side to die. Your motto is "Be my friend or be a mushroom cloud."
commandosolo2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-10, 11:00 AM   #403
WarlordATF
Frogman

Downloads: 105

I had to check 27 pages to make sure i had not already answered this, If i somehow missed it i apologize.

I got HARDCORE, which some would disagree with because i use auto-targeting, but I consider that realistic because i think the Captain should count on his crew to do their jobs instead of the Captain running from station to station doing everything.

My Subsim life has taken me from Silent Service on NES, to GATO on the ATARI XE, to Silent Hunter 1 and Patrol Disks,Jane's 688I,Silent Hunter 2,Silent Hunter 3 and Finally to Silent Hunter 4 on PC.

Once the DRM is gone i'd like to try Silent Hunter 5, but until then its been a great ride and i have learned alot.

I really enjoy spending time here at Subsim.com. Thanks to all of you who make this such a great site to Visit!
Old 04-09-10, 04:23 PM   #404
Admiral8Q
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordATF View Post
I got HARDCORE, which some would disagree with because i use auto-targeting, but I consider that realistic because i think the Captain should count on his crew to do their jobs instead of the Captain running from station to station doing everything.
I have to agree with that! Although the crew are terrible at firing the deck gun so I take that myself.

Admiral8Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-10, 05:36 PM   #405
Fozzy22
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 23

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER
No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

Well considering i play at 74% realism and have auto TDC on it's nearly correct.

**SH3 GWX3 & Commander 3.2**

U-148, Type VIIB
7th Flotilla
Walter Herp - Before Patrol 3
Fozzy22 is offline   Reply With Quote