SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-21-10, 10:58 AM   #376
Jib01
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
My Skipper results. Been a long time....

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER
Periscopes are for wimps. Let's face it, any snapperhead can bring a WWII subsim to periscope depth, lock onto the red triangle and plug away. Real men never get closer than 8000 yards to their target. Your subsim of choice is made by a company in Waterford, Conn. You thrive on complex Target-Motion Analysis equations, deciphering broadband contacts, and gauging ESM signal strength. You are paler than Siberian stripper and proud of it. You long for the day you can take your Seawolf class nuke into an online game against a whole fleet of Type VIICs. One ADCAP equals "make my day".
Old 01-21-10, 04:12 PM   #377
Asakura
***21547;***12415;***31505;***12356;

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
CASUAL SUBSIM SKIPPER
You fell in love with Aces of the Deep. Your playing style is relaxed, more for fun than historical accuracy. You always play Sub Command or Dangerous Waters from the NavMap (rightclick is your friend), if you ever ventured to play them at all. Probably you prefer WWII subsims like Silent Hunter 3, SH4 and Aces. You may try the manual TDC, but you prefer to leave the auto map contacts on, (blank maps scare you). Even though you know submarine skippers missed targets occasionally in real life, you cannot resist reloading a mission to take another shot at a 10,000-tonne troopship that got away. One ship, one torpedo, finished off with the deck gun--that's the creed you live by.

"Und der Kompass zeigt nach Norden, ich kehr zurück zu dir, meine Schneekönigin.
Denn der Kompass zeigt zum Nordpol hin, der Kristall steckt tief im Herzen, das nur schlägt für meine Schneekönigin."
Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 03:19 PM   #378
orangenee
Engineer

Downloads: 0

My results....

*CLASSIFIED EYES ONLY*
Old 01-25-10, 04:50 AM   #379
lynx
Mate

Downloads: 506

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER
Periscopes are for wimps. Let's face it, any snapperhead can bring a WWII subsim to periscope depth, lock onto the red triangle and plug away. Real men never get closer than 8000 yards to their target. Your subsim of choice is made by a company in Waterford, Conn. You thrive on complex Target-Motion Analysis equations, deciphering broadband contacts, and gauging ESM signal strength. You are paler than Siberian stripper and proud of it. You long for the day you can take your Seawolf class nuke into an online game against a whole fleet of Type VIICs. One ADCAP equals "make my day".

100x100 success, congratulations NASA!
lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-10, 06:47 AM   #380
looney
Commodore

Downloads: 43

Hardcore here
looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 02:11 PM   #381
reddogut
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

STRATEGIC SUBSIM SKIPPER
For you, Silent Hunter 4 is just Battleship with shiny, moving pieces. You see the big picture, you think long term, and you are indifferent to political consequences. They would not have put you in charge of a $2 billion attack sub if they didn't want you to use it. You learned that back in Red Storm Rising and you never forgot. You prefer handling large scale operations like Fleet Command and Fighting Steel. Half your time is spent setting up mind-numbingly complex battle plans, with 8 layers of contingencies. You pray for the day Sonalysts will release a ballistic missile sub. With nukes. Every day is a good day for the other side to die. Your motto is "Be my friend or be a mushroom cloud."
reddogut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 02:45 PM   #382
kptn_kaiserhof
XO

Downloads: 42

it is hard to ammuse me and that is very ammusing
kptn_kaiserhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 03:48 PM   #383
MetalMania
Watch

Downloads: 18

Haven't been around here (even lurking) in a while, but I'm getting the sub sim bug again so figured I'd see what's up. It said I'm an "Action Oriented Subsim Skipper". I didn't post the whole reply but I was a little surprised. I'd be the first to tell you I'm definitely not hardcore, but I've honestly never even tried Battlestations Midway and Steel whatever it was that the result listed. Yeah, I use auto targeting in SH4. Scoff at me if you want, I prefer to think of it as having a really good tracking party.
MetalMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-10, 06:38 PM   #384
Cambaz
Gunner

Downloads: 300

hard core subsim skipper
Old 02-22-10, 08:59 PM   #385
NorthBeach
Torpedoman

Downloads: 216

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER

It fails to mention that my coffee usually gets cold before I finish it. And, that I shave only once every 2-3 months...
NorthBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-10, 09:08 PM   #386
RodBorza
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 19

No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.
You are the "sim" in Subsim.

Hardcore here...but I never played with a red lamp on...hmmm...good idea.
This way I believe I'll be able to see my keyboard without being blinded and not being able to see what's in my periscope...

P.S.: Ok, one more thing. They also failed to mention that TC is not for you. You take the time of evasion from DD's to have a snack or do a quick stop at the bathroom... Well, I do!

"On the ship sinking business since 1996"
RodBorza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-10, 09:12 PM   #387
RodBorza
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMania View Post
Haven't been around here (even lurking) in a while, but I'm getting the sub sim bug again so figured I'd see what's up. It said I'm an "Action Oriented Subsim Skipper". I didn't post the whole reply but I was a little surprised. I'd be the first to tell you I'm definitely not hardcore, but I've honestly never even tried Battlestations Midway and Steel whatever it was that the result listed. Yeah, I use auto targeting in SH4. Scoff at me if you want, I prefer to think of it as having a really good tracking party.
Metal Mania,

For me, no problem at all. Since you are playing the game and enjoying it, be welcome to use auto targeting any day! The important thing is that you are here with us!

"On the ship sinking business since 1996"
RodBorza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 03:56 PM   #388
DP990
Nub

Downloads: 189
Default Hardcore subsim skipper

Forget the hot water, just feed me coffee grounds
DP990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 04:30 PM   #389
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER
No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall
...looking over at the wall...

HOW DID YOU KNOW

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-10, 02:13 PM   #390
Android200002
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

Hardcore it seems.
Android200002 is offline   Reply With Quote