SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-14-10, 10:01 AM   #421
SteveUK
Helmsman

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 0

Hi again all have managed to get rid rid of my annoying repeating orders probelm - reinstalled RFB which sorted it out.

Now have another weird problem - have lost all engines sounds on my sub on the bridge and other ships and my sub on external camera, seems its being over ridden by the wind/wave sounds.

Anyone able to help please? Thanks

And Bridger -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
Would this be the best mod order?, any advice would be very appreciated.
Yes I'm pretty sure this is the order
SteveUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 11:06 AM   #422
Bridger
Mate

Downloads: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveUK View Post

And Bridger -

Yes I'm pretty sure this is the order
Many thanks Steve.

Kapitanleutnant Wolfgang Luth.
Bridger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 03:46 PM   #423
flymar
Loader

Downloads: 42

Question about mission types. I'm in 1943 and don't remember getting photo recon or agent dropping missions. Are they still there?

Last edited by flymar; 03-15-10 at 04:19 PM.
flymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 04:53 PM   #424
TH0R
XO

Downloads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymar View Post
Question about mission types. I'm in 1943 and don't remember getting photo recon or agent dropping missions. Are they still there?
I am using RSRDC with RFB and I just had one on my 3rd patrol. It was a resupply mission.
Old 03-16-10, 06:08 PM   #425
Phantom Mark
Bosun

Downloads: 3

Hey there guys,

Just did a fresh install of IV and then applied UB Missions, then I applied RF2.0 etc.

All seems to work fine, apart from in the single missions and training missions I have no crew on my boat ??

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere but despite searching through a few pages of this thread not found a sollution ?

TIA
Phantom Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 07:30 PM   #426
Camaero
The Old Man

Downloads: 18

Quote:
Hi again all have managed to get rid rid of my annoying repeating orders probelm - reinstalled RFB which sorted it out.

Now have another weird problem - have lost all engines sounds on my sub on the bridge and other ships and my sub on external camera, seems its being over ridden by the wind/wave sounds.
I'm having these exact same problems with only RFB and RSRD mods installed. I'm ready to throw that guy overboard who says "Yes sir!" 3 or 4 times in a row after issuing certain orders.

Any ideas?
Old 03-17-10, 03:36 AM   #427
TH0R
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Mark View Post
All seems to work fine, apart from in the single missions and training missions I have no crew on my boat ??
I have no such problems. Please list mods that you have installed, and in which order.
Old 03-17-10, 05:17 AM   #428
SteveUK
Helmsman

Downloads: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaero View Post
I'm ready to throw that guy overboard who says "Yes sir!" 3 or 4 times in a row after issuing certain orders.
I deleted all my mods from mod folder then did one big install at once of RFB 2.0, latest patch, RSRDC and latest patch and a couple of other mods which were the hydrophone lines and fog fix and so far its worked for me. Still get the occasional "yes Sir, Yes Sir" but nowhere near as often as I had.

Hope this helps a little.
SteveUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 08:16 AM   #429
Phantom Mark
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH0R View Post
I have no such problems. Please list mods that you have installed, and in which order.
Fresh SH4, then installed UB Missions addon, then made a backup of the data folder, then unpacked RF2.0 data folder and merged into SH4 folder structure allowing all files to overwrite when asked.......so the only non official pack installed is RF2.0.

Currently running back on my original backed up DATA folder with no problems, all working perfect, renamed the merged RF2.0 Data folder for future use once I get instruction here..........I am not loading any previous games either, running Windows 7 if that makes a difference with my install in the non default location on a games drive....

Did I do something wrong here ??

TIA
Old 03-17-10, 08:44 AM   #430
TH0R
XO

Quote:
Fresh SH4, then installed UB Missions addon, then made a backup of the data folder, then unpacked RF2.0 data folder and merged into SH4 folder structure allowing all files to overwrite when asked.......so the only non official pack installed is RF2.0.

Currently running back on my original backed up DATA folder with no problems, all working perfect, renamed the merged RF2.0 Data folder for future use once I get instruction here..........I am not loading any previous games either, running Windows 7 if that makes a difference with my install in the non default location on a games drive....

Did I do something wrong here ??

TIA
Have you tried using JSGME? It makes a big difference.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=156898 (the link is to SH3 forum, but it works with SH4 just the same)

At the beginning of the mod installation use JSGME to take a snapshot of the game files (right after you install UBM add-on) so that you can verify the game files when you want to install something new.

What I would suggest is that you de-install the game completely and then install RFB with JSGME. And don't forget the patch for RFB. If you still have the same problem after that, report here.

Also, I too am running Win7. I highly suggest that you install the game somewhere else than Program Files. Preferably on the other hard drive or partition.
Old 03-17-10, 09:03 AM   #431
TH0R
XO

@ Luke: may I request that map contacts have realism penalty in the next patch? This way I am not obliged to disable them if I want 100% realism.
Old 03-17-10, 10:51 AM   #432
Phantom Mark
Bosun

Sorry to repeat but I want to be crystal clear:

Fresh Install of SH4 - never even played with no saves created

Fresh Install of UB Missions, never played with no saves created

Downloaded RF2.0 (http://www.filefront.com/15753917/RF...tch_06Mar10.7z)

Merged the data folder from that 7z file into the data folder of my SH4 installation.

Game is installed in Windows 7 in a seperate HDD, not in program files.

I have no crew with RF install.......

Without RF installed/merged the game works as expected.

I appreciate the benifits of JSGME and will look at installing that as well, but I am pretty sure that will not fix my problem, its only a mod manager at the end of the day - correct ?

Thanks again.......

(not sure if its related, but I dont have a MOD folder, should I have created one for RF ??)

Last edited by Phantom Mark; 03-17-10 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-17-10, 11:09 AM   #433
TH0R
XO

Quote:
I have no crew with RF install.......
Please explain exactly what do you mean by having no crew? No crew at all or no deck gun / AA / damage control crew, or no crew what so ever?

EDIT: I can't open your filefront link. This is the link to the latest RFB version (subsim link) and the patch (filefront link):

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1467

Quote:

I am getting that as well, but only when I either zoom away from my boat or when I use TC. The engine sound just goes numb. I believe that this is due to how the game engine works. The engine sounds can easily be brought back by either going back to the control room => bridge or by ordering a new speed.

The only ships I seem to be missing sound are heavy cruisers, and not all of them. I am also not sure if this is related to the RSRDC (RSRDC has few planes with missing sounds) or RFB.
Old 03-17-10, 11:15 AM   #434
Phantom Mark
Bosun

Thats the version I have downloaded and installed, in fact the ONLY version I have downloaded and installed.

My problem is that I am the only person on the boat, there is zero crew anywhere on the boat, crew management shows all crew stations/slots empty, thus I cannot move the boat or reload torps for example.

Both your links are the same btw, is that deliberate ?
Old 03-17-10, 11:21 AM   #435
TH0R
XO

I strongly recommend re-install. And I am not the only one who will recommend this to you, trust me.

Maybe someone who has only RFB installed can help you. I am running RFB + RSRDC mods.

Quote:
Both your links are the same btw, is that deliberate ?
I edited my post few seconds after realising that. Now the link points to the RFB2.0 link on the subsim, and RFB patch (under comments, hosted at filefront).