SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-20-09, 08:23 AM   #286
Gunship
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
external view marker submarine

hello all !

very nice mod

how to recover the external view marker submarine playing with this mod ?

thanks
Gunship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-09, 12:19 PM   #287
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 1

Hi Captains,

the release of the next upgrade is comming soon.

Some new vessels and features and weapons are part of this upgrade.
The latest construction is an small Whalechaser for the Whalefactoryship.

Here it is:

Greets

Maddy
Old 10-12-09, 06:17 PM   #288
Manstein
Swabbie

Downloads: 106

Does this mod use something like the Natural Sinking Mechanics, or is it based on the hitpoints like the base game?
Manstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 05:12 PM   #289
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

FOTRS uses the Natural sinking mechanics !

Greets

Maddy
Old 10-21-09, 02:59 PM   #290
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

Can i get a copy of the Mod for SH IV 1.4?
Old 10-22-09, 12:38 AM   #291
Hunter
Commander

Downloads: 166

Any news for the next carrier update?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-09, 04:47 PM   #292
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

The Akagi is still under testing.

The upgrade is coming in 4-5 Weeks after we from the AOTD-Community finished ouer 3rd online-campaign.
In this online-campaigns we are testing out every new contents of upcoming upgrades.
Thats why FOTRS got only some small bugs.

@ Admiral von Gerlach

You got an PM with the latest Version of FOTRS for SH4 V1.4 but remember that this version exist only in German.

Greets

Maddy
Old 10-22-09, 08:43 PM   #293
Starforce2
Planesman

Downloads: 25

can you guys make sure you fix the missing tech descriptions? When in base, all the sonars and radars and torpedo are missing their stats, which means you can't always tell if the one you are buying is the one you've already got installed, and I can never keep the torpedo types strait.
Old 10-23-09, 01:59 PM   #294
Te Kaha
Navy Dude

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 2

What a mod!

Just downloaded it this morning and was doing a quick peek into it, and I have to say you've done a excellent job regarding the graphics - new intro movie, new screens, new pictures on the left side of the main menu, I wish Ops Monsun would have that! Not that it's truly necessary for gameplay, but it adds so much to get the right feeling

Regarding a earlier post in this htread, the missing recognition manual picture of the Pennsylvania can be quickly resolved with a dirty little copying of Colorado's picture and renaming it to Pennsylvania's and drop it into Pennsylvania's folder - okay the Colorado has dual turrets and the Pen has triple turrets, but when viewing the ship from the side it is neglectable.

Another earlier post here asked whether PE 4 can be used together with FOTRS, but there's no answer yet from you, MadMax.
Te Kaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-09, 09:36 AM   #295
Sil
Watch

Downloads: 73

Are environment and effects in FOTRS better than in Real Environment mod? Which one looks better?

Last edited by Sil; 10-25-09 at 09:52 AM.
Sil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-09, 10:42 AM   #296
Jotte
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I encountered a Sen Toku sub in mars 1942 (in comission 1944-45 as u know) and to make things worse it was as Titanic was intended to be, unsinkable, for two reasons.
A/ The TDC seem to wrong data from what is bow and stern on the model. B/ It toke almost all my deck gun ammo load into it without seeming to have any troubbles.

I like the mod as a whole but there need to be some grammer and word fixes as for example ships are labeled Big something instead of a more proper Large something.
Things like these become immersion breakers for gits like me.
Old 10-25-09, 01:12 PM   #297
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotte View Post
I encountered a Sen Toku sub in mars 1942 (in comission 1944-45 as u know) and to make things worse it was as Titanic was intended to be, unsinkable, for two reasons.
A/ The TDC seem to wrong data from what is bow and stern on the model. B/ It toke almost all my deck gun ammo load into it without seeming to have any troubbles.

I like the mod as a whole but there need to be some grammer and word fixes as for example ships are labeled Big something instead of a more proper Large something.
Things like these become immersion breakers for gits like me.
This person complains about grammar "troubbles?" I know you are Swedish and English spelling and grammar is difficult for you. The Aces of the Deep team is German and it is equally difficult for them. They've done a GREAT job, and I'm quite willing to see a Big instead of Large European Split Freighter in exchange for all the great goodies contained in there which need no translation into ANY language.

Good find on the Sen Toku sub though. I've never found one of those yet!

@Maddy: looking forward to seeing what great fish habitat those new targets are! Must be frustrating building beautiful new ships so we can destroy them.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-09, 02:16 PM   #298
Starforce2
Planesman

Downloads: 25

Well, there's been developments in AI subs and Ai torpedo for both subs and surface ships (and wasn't someone doing planes) at any rate, hopefully these and the corrected truk island will be included in the next upgrades. It'd be nice to have all subs ingame as fully functional targets that would appear in convoy or TF and be working. Missions to go after nazi sub tenders/milkcows would be cooler if the Uboats could defend it, or their historical bases.

Hey, what is planned for the next FOTRS update? Perhaps I could make a news item with some pix if you wish to release any? (are there ahny openings on the test team?)
Old 10-30-09, 09:46 AM   #299
Jotte
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
This person complains about grammar "troubbles?" I know you are Swedish and English spelling and grammar is difficult for you. The Aces of the Deep team is German and it is equally difficult for them. They've done a GREAT job, and I'm quite willing to see a Big instead of Large European Split Freighter in exchange for all the great goodies contained in there which need no translation into ANY language.
Well, I know they are German. Its easy for me to spot from the "errors" alone as I acctually speak German too. And no, english grammer isnt all that difficult for me thank you very much. :p
Point I was making is that it looks a bit odd when you are given orders etc in oddly worded texts. For me it breaks the immersion. Its not a matter of calling them n00bs, it was merly an observation for something they might want to look into.
Old 11-13-09, 02:37 PM   #300
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339

Any news on the update? I want to sink those new ships asap!
And will the missing description texts be added?

Btw, sometimes the sound files get garbled and slow and I do get reboots when I exit the game. I had the same issues with TM, but no other mod.

Last edited by Radio; 11-14-09 at 03:25 AM.
Radio is offline   Reply With Quote