SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-09-10, 07:26 AM   #76
mauriga
Watch

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

I've played this MOD just a couple of hours, but I have two (noob) problems:

1) I'm able to ask the periscop depth to my Xo, but how can I surface the boot????

2) where can I find the fuel, the oxigen and the CO2 level?

Tnx in advance for your answers

mauriga
mauriga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 11:43 AM   #77
Hans Hansen
Loader

Downloads: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauriga View Post
1) I'm able to ask the periscop depth to my Xo, but how can I surface the boot????
here you see what the guys do...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=173147&page=6

"r" will surface the boat.

Gute Jagd!
Hans Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 12:19 PM   #78
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Hansen View Post
well, the OBS is somewhat supplemental to me whereas the attack scope ist the real thing. Also it is easier to spot for the enemy...

Actually I need everything you see on my scrot from HRI (+ the TAI-map) when it comes to battle.

- I cannot switch off the left part of the TDC as it holds the torpedo-speed switch (and there is no shortcut for using that as far as I know).
- I need the panel with the tube-switches obviously, although some functions have shortcuts.
- I need the right part of the TDC of course for depth, spreadangle etc..
- I can't switch off ERM/XO-dialogue for obvious reasons.
- I need dials for speed, course and depth.
- I cannot set aside the officers/command-panel either.
- I still have no space for the clock, let alone the wiz-wheel.
- I still can't see the periscope-indicator as it is covered already.

When the going gets rough I am busy with organizing the attack, plotting, metering, steering the boat. I don't want to be busy with pushing the UI around.

See, I do not propose a complete redesign, just tweaking the UI-elements a bit size-wise - and a larger scope
Hi Hanns, unfortunatly I took the decission from the start to make this UI Hidef 1080P as that is what I intend to kit my PC's out in and what my LCD TV uses.
This meant I went about modding the Interface in a different method than any other UI's use. All my Graphics are set at non-scalling so I get a 1:1 scale ratio, by doing so I lose no definition in the graphics.
Whereas SH4/5 use different methods af scaling to size up to different resolutions. Therefore at the larger resolutions you start to get fuzzy graphics etc.

Unfortunatly to do what your asking, would take a complete rework of the entier Interface, which at this stage I'm not prepared to do.
But I have no problem with you redoing the Interface if you so wish to do so.
I created this originaly for my self but made it a community mod, and have no problem with you reworking it to suit yourself .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauriga View Post

Tnx in advance for your answers

mauriga
Hi mauriga, the easy method to surface is to use the dapth gauge to click on 0-5m to surface the boat.
The Depth dial is brought up on screen by pressing the Icon at the bottom centre of the screen (Its the one with pic of 3 dials and a navigation wheel).
This will bring up the Navigation controls - also iy you click under the dial on the brass support it switches the dial to its percision mode.

As for the fuel, the oxygen and the CO2 levels - I've totally forgotten to put them back in since redoing the officer orders .
I will look at getting them back in for next release .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 12:50 PM   #79
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
As for the fuel, the oxygen and the CO2 levels - I've totally forgotten to put them back in since redoing the officer orders .
I will look at getting them back in for next release .
I believe that there is an order already included that will take you to the crew management page in the reports, and it shows the fuel, CO2, battery, etc.

At the very least, if anyone is running this along with my interior mod, there are fully functional battery meters in the rear torpedo room, and if you grab the patch, me and BIGREG have added a working CO2 meter in the CR.

Oh, and by the way reaper7, 1000th post

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 01:05 PM   #80
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
I believe that there is an order already included that will take you to the crew management page in the reports, and it shows the fuel, CO2, battery, etc.

At the very least, if anyone is running this along with my interior mod, there are fully functional battery meters in the rear torpedo room, and if you grab the patch, me and BIGREG have added a working CO2 meter in the CR.

Oh, and by the way reaper7, 1000th post
Ya got there .

Forgot about the Crew managemnt page showing them.
Should I do a popup version similar to the SH4 that was available from the orders bar that I had in the provious orders bar.
Of course with reworked dials ang graphics. The SH4 ones looked terrible and way to big.
Old 08-09-10, 01:11 PM   #81
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Ya got there .

Forgot about the Crew managemnt page showing them.
Should I do a popup version similar to the SH4 that was available from the orders bar that I had in the provious orders bar.
Of course with reworked dials ang graphics. The SH4 ones looked terrible and way to big.
I would not mind having something like that. If you think that you could adapt the textures that I use in my interior mod for the gauges to work with that display, you are more than welcome to use them.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 01:11 PM   #82
Hans Hansen
Loader

Quote:
Unfortunatly to do what your asking, would take a complete rework of the entier Interface, which at this stage I'm not prepared to do.
But I have no problem with you redoing the Interface if you so wish to do so.
I created this originaly for my self but made it a community mod, and have no problem with you reworking it to suit yourself .
Hi

I even might give a try, but I am afraid this is beyond my skills. Sure, I know my photoshop, but if some days ago someone would have asked me what DDS is I would have asked back "A party-drug..??"

Even if I managed to scale the files accordingly, I guess there is a bit more to it - stadimeter-issues e.g.

Maybe some day...

BTW: Want to include one of these?

Gute Jagd!
Old 08-09-10, 01:59 PM   #83
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
I would not mind having something like that. If you think that you could adapt the textures that I use in my interior mod for the gauges to work with that display, you are more than welcome to use them.
Not a bad Idea, that way it would keep consistency between the two Mods. I'll use them your textures then .

Quote:
Hi

I even might give a try, but I am afraid this is beyond my skills. Sure, I know my photoshop, but if some days ago someone would have asked me what DDS is I would have asked back "A party-drug..??"

Even if I managed to scale the files accordingly, I guess there is a bit more to it - stadimeter-issues e.g.

Maybe some day...

BTW: Want to include one of these?
The menu editior aint to bad, after all I had no clue how to mod when I started this UI Mod.
But like I said you would have to change the Scalling type for every texture I have ingame and thats aroud 150 of them.
Then you would have to resize the textures to fit the 1024X768 display as required. (This is done via menu editor)
1024X768 because that is the default SH5 size (SH5 scales everything from this resolution).

I noticed that Pic in the Relastic photo thread the last day - lovely job with recreating the WWII photo.
Thanks for the offer of Inclusion, I may take you up on it (I was going to do one myself down the road, but this would save some work ).

EDIT: I have being doing some bug fixing for the last few days. Most of which prob won't even be seen.
For example I've fixed the display of items in the Bunker so now the buttons, icons and message panel will not be visible in the bunker.
Likewise the shipping and flag charts, nemograph and buttons will not be visible in the Mission selection Map in the bunker.

Removed icons and stuff from being visible during the Training Mission that should not be there also.

I belive I have the Periscope Issue sorted. Removed instance of "Fully Raise Obs scope" command when opening Obs periscope.
This while not the cause of the Issue, still is not required at the avatar stops the obs scope rising fully anyway. Which is why you heep hearing the Obs whirring away as if stuck untill you click one of the obs scope raise/lower buttons or lever.
I'm afraid this is due to the obs no longer being at stock height due to using realistic obs periscope heights.

Its either keep the real obs height (And noise) or go back to unreal stock height. I think the real height is the better option.

I belive the obs auto raising is due to the Mod being installed while out at sea. If you are having this issue can you reinstall in port.

Last edited by reaper7; 08-09-10 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-09-10, 04:48 PM   #84
reaper7
sim2reality

Ok I've been doing some experimenting and I'm glad to say its paid off .

I started by redoing the frontend for the UI in the Top Right corner, getting rid of the icons I didn't need. And redoing the Send Range to TDC button for the stadimeter fix.

The Icon for the stadimeter is no longer visible on the Frontend of the UI.
Now it only appears when entering a scope screen, It still is yellow to show it can be activated.
Also when activated it turns to green to indicate its ready to send to TDC.
Now though when you click it at this stage it blinks to indicate that it has updated the TDC.

Not much different to before, but here's where the experimenting comes in.

I have a new button above the Range button :-

Say Hello to the new STADIMETER button. It took some messing to get it working on-screen but it works perfectly .

This now means that Range finding has become a lot easier.
Heck even the XO Dialog and Recognition Manual are no longer required

Here's all thats required now for operation.

New Frontend (Just Naigation Map and Officer Orders)

Opon entering the Periscope the New buttons become Visible.

OK lets get started.

1. Click the Range Button (Turns from Yellow to Green)
2 Lock the Target
3. Open the officer orders. Select the Identify Target command

Entering Periscope (Note New Stadimeter button)

4. Click the Stadimeter Button - Now move Ghost image down to top of mast

Stadimeter Button Clicked

5. Now finally Click the Range 'Send to TDC Button' (Green Icon starts Blinking)

Range Dial Moves to correct range. (In this example Dial jumped to over 1000M, Correct Target was actually at 1070M)

Range sent to TDC

Look forward to this in the next release.

@Hans Hansen. This may sovle your cluttered Interface problem, as the Recognition Manual is no longer required for Targeting use.
You can leave the Rec Man offscreen and have the TAI open in its place.
Old 08-09-10, 05:15 PM   #85
Hans Hansen
Loader

Quote:
@Hans Hansen. This may sovle your cluttered Interface problem, as the Recognition Manual is no longer required for Targeting use.
You can leave the Rec Man offscreen and have the TAI open in its place.
Can't wait to test it

ps. I do not want to sound like nitpicking. I try to be constructive. Hope you get that right ...

Gute Jagd!
Old 08-09-10, 06:03 PM   #86
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Can't wait to test it

ps. I do not want to sound like nitpicking. I try to be constructive. Hope you get that right ...

Not at all, I find feedback positive and negative helps towards getting the UI to a better state.
(Not that I thought you were being negative mind )
It helps to get me thinking in other directions that I would not have otherwise.

The Stadimeter Fix has just become 10 times better with the introduction of the new stadimeter button .
Old 08-09-10, 07:46 PM   #87
streetbob
Swabbie

Downloads: 399
Reaper need help, game can play with mod for a good while after saving game then reloading game the next day there is no uzo and no binocculars both are all white screen, once you get them back they are okay for a while but go white again on reload any ideas. Thanks streetbob.
streetbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 12:43 AM   #88
red_scope
Dive to drown.

Downloads: 139

I find loading doesn`t restore all the anomalies, a restart of SH5 works always.

reaper7, is it possible to darken the graphics of your original UZO just a little bit? At night and on the surface it gets a little tricky setting up an attack.

Nevermind about the UZO, I think my UZO night and day cycle just got a bit screwy... Its all good!!

Last edited by red_scope; 08-10-10 at 02:48 AM.
red_scope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 07:02 AM   #89
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572
Default Great mod. Somebody please fix it.

First, incredible mod. Love it. Good looking mod, has features I've missed alot, especially the beatiful AOB finder.

Here are my activated mods:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

MoraleMod
RealSizeMoon
RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith
Realistic ammo amount for AA and deck guns
ImprovedWaves_Improved Pitch&Roll
Electric torp wake removal - wamphyri
Detailed Caustics 1.0
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
Capthelms Lighting Effects mod for sh5
AilSmoke 1.7
AilBubbles 1.0 Micro
AilClouds 3.0
AilDeckwave 1.0
AilRain 1.0
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Radio Paris French Music Full Version 1.2
Rel_SH4_BBC_1939_to_1945
Capthelms Remove Mouse Crosshair Mod For SH5
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.1
Accurate German Flags
HiDef Realistic Interface V1.0
McHub532s SH4 German Stopwatch v 1.0.0

Problems.

Obs. Periscope. I've reinstalled in port--deleted all of my saved games, started fresh, the damn thing wont stay down. It raises when I 1) zoom binoculars, 2) use the TAC Map, 3) use the Nav Map...4)--20) all the other times I can't remember. Drives me nuts because you have all that neat stuff at the Obs. Periscope station, like the attack disk, but I don't dare access the station because if I do the bug kicks in and drives me bats. The only way, for me, to circumvent the Obs. Periscope issue is never to use the Obs. Periscope. If I ever use it, the bug persists even when starting a new mission, even a Single Player mission. I have to restart the game to get rid of it. I tried only using the XO command to raise and lower the scope, but no go. I can live without the obs. periscope for a little while, but I hope a real fix for the issue is in the works. Exiting the Obs. Periscope causes it to fully rise, not to lower itself as it should--that's the first sign I have that the bug is in effect.

That's the main thing. Other things--sometimes weird glitches occur. I'll lose buttons on the attack scope--like the the button to open the TDC panels. Clicking into the Nav map and back restores them. Still, hurts immersion. The Stadimeter button will stop working--stays yellow, won't turn green. Switching to Captain's Log and back will get it working again--sometimes. The Stop Watch doesn't function. I can drag it around, but it won't start and stop, just keeps ticking. The only way to use it to get speed calculations of ships is to place it right beside the center line of the scope and count the ticks until the ship completely crosses the line. Can't seem to replace it with another Stop Watch mod either. The Jagd stop watch does function as a stop watch, but I can't seem to access that one unless I fire a torpedo. After that I can use it as long as I leave it on the screen. I've searched through the crew commands for an order to bring it up, but no go.

Been trying to use the AOB finder, but I must have lost a few brain cells since SH3 and SH4 U-Boat Missions cause I can't work the damn things any more--neither yours nor TDW's. My stadimeter readings seem to have gone screwy. Ships that I know are 1500 m away read as ~ 1000 m. The AOB reports closer, but still off. I've tried it with the standard scope and with the MRP mod. The MRP seems to work a little better but still not right. Someone needs to do a new tutorial for these things and put it on YouTube. OLC's video is for his interface and that was way back in SH3 GWX. Ah. Those were the days. My freakin' AOB finder worked. Life was far less frustrating.

Anyway. I do really like the mod and I appreciate that you made it just for yourself. But it is released to the community and it is really nice so we would like to be able to use it. Ergo, somebody needs to fix it. If not you, then another mod-skilled individual.
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 11:48 AM   #90
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetbob View Post
Reaper need help, game can play with mod for a good while after saving game then reloading game the next day there is no uzo and no binocculars both are all white screen, once you get them back they are okay for a while but go white again on reload any ideas. Thanks streetbob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodlew View Post
First, incredible mod. Love it. Good looking mod, has features I've missed alot, especially the beatiful AOB finder.

Problems.

Obs. Periscope. I've reinstalled in port--deleted all of my saved games, started fresh, the damn thing wont stay down. It raises when I 1) zoom binoculars, 2) use the TAC Map, 3) use the Nav Map...4)--20) all the other times I can't remember. Drives me nuts because you have all that neat stuff at the Obs. Periscope station, like the attack disk, but I don't dare access the station because if I do the bug kicks in and drives me bats. The only way, for me, to circumvent the Obs. Periscope issue is never to use the Obs. Periscope. If I ever use it, the bug persists even when starting a new mission, even a Single Player mission. I have to restart the game to get rid of it. I tried only using the XO command to raise and lower the scope, but no go. I can live without the obs. periscope for a little while, but I hope a real fix for the issue is in the works. Exiting the Obs. Periscope causes it to fully rise, not to lower itself as it should--that's the first sign I have that the bug is in effect.

That's the main thing. Other things--sometimes weird glitches occur. I'll lose buttons on the attack scope--like the the button to open the TDC panels. Clicking into the Nav map and back restores them. Still, hurts immersion. The Stadimeter button will stop working--stays yellow, won't turn green. Switching to Captain's Log and back will get it working again--sometimes. The Stop Watch doesn't function. I can drag it around, but it won't start and stop, just keeps ticking. The only way to use it to get speed calculations of ships is to place it right beside the center line of the scope and count the ticks until the ship completely crosses the line. Can't seem to replace it with another Stop Watch mod either. The Jagd stop watch does function as a stop watch, but I can't seem to access that one unless I fire a torpedo. After that I can use it as long as I leave it on the screen. I've searched through the crew commands for an order to bring it up, but no go.

Been trying to use the AOB finder, but I must have lost a few brain cells since SH3 and SH4 U-Boat Missions cause I can't work the damn things any more--neither yours nor TDW's. My stadimeter readings seem to have gone screwy. Ships that I know are 1500 m away read as ~ 1000 m. The AOB reports closer, but still off. I've tried it with the standard scope and with the MRP mod. The MRP seems to work a little better but still not right. Someone needs to do a new tutorial for these things and put it on YouTube. OLC's video is for his interface and that was way back in SH3 GWX. Ah. Those were the days. My freakin' AOB finder worked. Life was far less frustrating.

Anyway. I do really like the mod and I appreciate that you made it just for yourself. But it is released to the community and it is really nice so we would like to be able to use it. Ergo, somebody needs to fix it. If not you, then another mod-skilled individual.

Thanks gugys for the bug reports, working as best I can to figure out the problems. But scripting is a weak point for me and all the bugs pretty much relate to scripts at the moment.
If any scripters want to have a look and see if the can solve any issues, be my guest .
But I will endeaver to track the problems down.