SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-30-16, 08:46 AM   #1
grenadier98
Watch

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0
Default Medal Problem

I just started playing SH4 using TMO 2.5 with the small patch. The difficulty is at 100%. After sinking several Japanese ships including a Takao Class Heavy Cruiser I was curious what medal I would get for this first patrol and went straight home and was awarded the Navy Cross. Very nice, but as I said before, that was just out of curiousity and so I loaded up the old save game because I still had some torpedos left. When I returned later on to my home base I was awarded only a Bronze Star. Why is that? I didn't do anything like damaging the boat or attacking own units which would reduce my renown. Is there some odd random generator involved or is it because of saving the game? It's hard to play a patrol without ever saving, because a patrol can easily take five real hours of playtime...
grenadier98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-16, 02:16 PM   #2
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

I wonder if it might be tied to this: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=225854

Did you verify the number of ships you got credit for?
Old 04-30-16, 03:35 PM   #3
grenadier98
Watch

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

I just checked - the messages were correct. Also when I reached the harbor and ended the patrol the summary showed the expected number of war ships and merchants sunk and the expected total tonnage. So I must have gotten credit for all ships, just received the "wrong" medal. I've tested it two more times, always the same result. Nevermind, I want to start a new career anyway without gamey harbor raids. But playing a whole patrol at once in just one session might take to long. I've never done this before. The Fleet Boats just carry to many torpdos.
By the way, is there any way to tell the criteria for the medals? I knew this for SH3, but never for SH4.
grenadier98 is offline   Reply With Quote