SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-09-09, 11:56 AM   #1
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssinian View Post
Thanks again to both of you. This has been a huge help. And thank you for welcoming me.

One more (hopefully final) question; how would I make a MOD like Peabody said? For this mission its important that only the bases I made show up. I've already made the mission exactly how I want it. Plus could I also delete the random convoys and whatnot?
To make a mod you must set up your folders and files EXACTLY the same way they are in the game. Just in case I make a mistake explaining it make sure it is the same as your game is.

1. If you don't have it, get JSGME and put it into your Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific folder. Mine is C:\Program files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific.
2. Run it once to create a MODs folder, then click on the "Tasks" and "Make a snapshot of the game files"

Now you make the MOD to put into the MODs folder. Don't make it in the MODs folder, make it somewhere else and copy it to the MODs folder.

1. Make a folder "My super deluxe Mission" (Name it whatever you want)
2. Inside that folder make a folder called "Data". MUST be the first folder in your mod just like it is in the game!!!!!
3. Inside the Data folder make two folders. "SingleMissions" and "Campaigns" NOTE: there is an 's' on the end of these folder names.
4. Open Campaigns folder and make a folder called "Campaign" (no 's' on the end)
5. Go to the Data/Campaigns/Campaign folder in your game and copy the "Campaign.cfg". file into your MODs "Campaign" folder. You will 'fix' that later. (actually you will 'break' it not fix it.)
5. Go Back up to the SingleMissions folder and open that. Inside there made a folder with the name of your mission. "Emergency Mission". Save your mission to this folder with the exact same name as the folder you just made: "Emergency Mission" (the folder name and the mission name must be the same.

Now the 'fixing". With Notepad: Open the "Campaign.cfg" file (your copy in your MOD folder not the original.) Leave [Section 1] which is Campaign.NMS and [Section 2] which is Campaign.LOC. The campaign.nms is all the names of ocean, seas, islands, countries etc. The campaign.loc is docks and towns and such, it may have docks where you want to put your base, so I left it in, but it does not include any bases.

Create your mission or finish it up and include the Naval bases you want so you won't have to include the USNavalBases.mis. By placing your bases in the actual mission you do not need a separate "Land Units Layer"

In your mission editor, make sure you go to "Mission/Language Localization and highlight the "mission title" and in the bottom box delete 'mission title" and put in a name for your mission. That is the name that will show when you try to playthe mission. Then select "Mission Briefing" and in the bottom box, give a description of what is going on and what needs to be done.

Once your mission is complete, save it to the "Emergency Mission" folder (or whatever you named it. Make sure when you save it you save as an American mission, check the dropdown box for 'type' in the save window and make sure it is American mission mis and NOT German mission misge.

Double check the folder layout and then copy the Main MOD folder to the Mods folder in Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific. In this case "My super deluxe Mission" Once you have it in the MODs folder, Select the MOD on the left and move it to the right using the arrow. Go test it out.

Note: this may cause problems with other MODs that are installed since you are changing game files, not just creating a mission. So to test, disable all other MODs and see if it works.

If you need to make changes to the mission DO NOT make the changes in the MOD folder, do them in the folders you set up then recopy to the MODs folder and let it overwrite the one you have there.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote