Old 02-29-12, 12:52 AM   #1291
hanx91
Bosun

Downloads: 232
Uploads: 0
Default Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_boat_captain View Post
When I click on the button requesting depth under keel, there is neither a verbal response nor a response in the chat window. I'm currently using the game's own depth/speed/heading setup. I have only 3 activated MODS currently: one ship one torpedo V1.00; enhanced ship recon manual V2; and IO_Strategic Map_4_2_for_stock. These were activated using JSGME program. No conflict was indicated prior to installing these thru JSGME. Specs for my system are: Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2; AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core Processor 2.20GHz; RAM 3.00GB; 64-bit system; Motherboard -> ASUS NVIDIA 6159 SENForce 430; graphics card -> GEForce GTX560 with 2GB GDDR5 memory. Ubisoft's hardware detection tool indicatedl my hardware meets all game's requirements. Any helpful advice is appreciated.

I thought I had got rid of it but I haven't I Loose all crew voices on saved games god knows why keep in touch and I will do the same
hanx91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-12, 06:23 AM   #1292
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanx91 View Post
I had the same problem. I changed my mods around, and it seemed to go away, I noticed my depth reports were absent form saved games as opposed to new campaigns. I moved my mods about and the problem seemed to go away (disabled deleted reloaded the ones I kept) I was careful to use the import feature on the generic mod gizmo as opposed to cut and paste Of course I don't know what I'm doing, It may come back I don't know, but shortly after I lost all audio as my defaults are being reset and the originals "lost" I have to reload my audio devices and drivers eveytime i log on. Ah Silent hunter....what this all has to do with submarines I have yet to discover.
Hi Hanx,

Is your SH5 patched to version v1.2.0?

If it is you should see this version number in the upper right corner of the Main Menu.

If you don't see that number > run this;
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe
This should get SH5 patched and next time you launch SH5 you should see v1.2.0 in the Main Menu.

Please note - ALL mods you apply with JSGME must have the following structure (here is an example); OPEN HORIZONS II_base v1.6\data
In some mods there can be a 'Documents' or 'Documentation' folder like this; OPEN HORIZONS II_base v1.6\Documents. You can let it stay there as it won't affect the mod.

When downloading mods save them in a folder anywhere you find convenient on your computer.
After this -
1. Make a copy of the mod (make sure you copy just the folder; 'Mod's name'\data'
then
2. Paste this copy into; C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS

If you now open the JSGME you should find the mod in the left column ready to activate.
Don't activate any mods on patrol or during campaign missions. Only before starting the SH5 or even in the bunker.
(Despite this, some mods could run OK but to be sure - just activate before starting the SH5 or in the bunker)

If you should happen to activate a mod while at sea most mods won't work properly until you start SH5 next time.
Or even - if you're running a campaign and activate a mod (when SH5 is not running or when in the bunker) this could cause your campaign won't start next time you try to start it.
If this happens, just exit SH5 and deactivate the last activated mod/mods and your campaign should start again.

And - please post your mods list [/QUOTE]

Last edited by Silent Steel; 02-29-12 at 07:09 AM.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-12, 11:59 AM   #1293
hanx91
Bosun

Default oh thanks

I see that you have replied to me and the captains issues and I am eternally grateful I will post a reply this evening when I get a chance to read your suggestions (i'm off to work) thank you again.. I will play silent hunter one day so help me god
Old 02-29-12, 06:02 PM   #1294
NathG79
Swabbie

Downloads: 153
Default Pea Soup in the Mod Soup (Graphics Issue)

Hi All

After giving SH5 a rest for 6 months, but regularly checking subsim for new mods etc.after seeing Sober`s megamod soup i thought i`d give it a shot again, so i did a clean install, chose German voices, installed all the req mods from his mod list dated 28/2/2012, in the same order, used TDW`s patcher to sort out the hydro. but after leaving port and using the ext camera to have a look under water, the screen goes a sort of pea green, visability is zero, and the streak/bubble textures look very pixalated. wondered if any fellow submariner`s know what could be causing the problem, can i just say above the waterline is fine, the problem only occurs underwater..

thanks in advance.

Have linked some pics so guys can see my problem.
http://s16.postimage.org/ununjxt5x/S...9_22_25_42.png
http://s7.postimage.org/o58adq9d7/SH...9_22_26_15.png
http://s16.postimage.org/6rw45wb1h/S...9_22_26_29.png
NathG79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-12, 09:04 PM   #1295
scissors
Shore leave

Downloads: 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathG79 View Post
Hi All

After giving SH5 a rest for 6 months, but regularly checking subsim for new mods etc.after seeing Sober`s megamod soup i thought i`d give it a shot again, so i did a clean install, chose German voices, installed all the req mods from his mod list dated 28/2/2012, in the same order, used TDW`s patcher to sort out the hydro. but after leaving port and using the ext camera to have a look under water, the screen goes a sort of pea green, visability is zero, and the streak/bubble textures look very pixalated. wondered if any fellow submariner`s know what could be causing the problem, can i just say above the waterline is fine, the problem only occurs underwater..

thanks in advance.

Have linked some pics so guys can see my problem.
http://s16.postimage.org/ununjxt5x/S...9_22_25_42.png
http://s7.postimage.org/o58adq9d7/SH...9_22_26_15.png
http://s16.postimage.org/6rw45wb1h/S...9_22_26_29.png
I do the same thing , I think that it looks like that by design , Im not certain but i suspect that underwater fx is the mod responsible .
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-12, 10:03 PM   #1296
hanx91
Bosun

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Hi Hanx,

If it is you should see this version number in the upper right corner of the Main Menu.

This should get SH5 patched and next time you launch SH5 you should see v1.2.0 in the Main Menu.

Please note - ALL mods you apply with JSGME must have the following structure (here is an example); OPEN HORIZONS II_base v1.6\data
In some mods there can be a 'Documents' or 'Documentation' folder like this; OPEN HORIZONS II_base v1.6\Documents. You can let it stay there as it won't affect the mod.

When downloading mods save them in a folder anywhere you find convenient on your computer.
After this -
1. Make a copy of the mod (make sure you copy just the folder; 'Mod's name'\data'
then

If you now open the JSGME you should find the mod in the left column ready to activate.
Don't activate any mods on patrol or during campaign missions. Only before starting the SH5 or even in the bunker.
(Despite this, some mods could run OK but to be sure - just activate before starting the SH5 or in the bunker)

If you should happen to activate a mod while at sea most mods won't work properly until you start SH5 next time.
Or even - if you're running a campaign and activate a mod (when SH5 is not running or when in the bunker) this could cause your campaign won't start next time you try to start it.
If this happens, just exit SH5 and deactivate the last activated mod/mods and your campaign should start again.

And - please post your mods list
[/QUOTE]

I have returned and can see from reading your post I have made a few errors right off the top. though I read and installed my firs mods correctly I used the import feature on jsgme, rather than pasting to the mods folder. I am running the correct version, though I have only a vague understanding of structure and go to check now. Can you tell me what the load order has to do with the installation? and again thank you.

I WILL play silent hunter so help me god. I have built this computer just to play this game it took me a year if I have to learn computer programing I will. Concurrent to attempting to prepare the game to be played properly I study Stoinm, fortunately I understand Algebra I merely meed the game to function properly (real nav 100% real and an aggressive ai) in order to apply my firing solutions, and tactics in the most imersive way possible.
Old 03-01-12, 05:18 AM   #1297
SirHiggins
Seaman

Downloads: 53

Quote:
Hogy vogy Higgingsur

I've moved your mods around a bit.

Try this load order;

RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith=2
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator=3
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (normal ) V2.1=4
Dynamic Environment SH5 DarkerNights V2.1=5
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith=20
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith=21
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo=22
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith=23
IRAI_upgrade_to_v_0_0_31=24
IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface=42
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2=10
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch=11
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt faces=19
German U-Boat Crew Language Pack=44
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod=30
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk=36
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.7=27
OHII v1.7 patch1=28
sobers best ever fog V9 SH5=6
sobers best ever waves SH5=7
North Atlantic Green 1.1=8
Small_trees_SH5_V1=9
sobers see thru wake fix=12
sobers_realistic_underwater_FX2=13
sobers 3D deck spray mod V7=14
Window_Lights_Redone_V1=15
Pascal-sh5-Crew-Uniforms. 12.2011=17
No magic skills v1.5=18
KZS Hull wetness for U-Boats + co tower and deck_revised_by_TheDarkWraith=26
TDW_Mines_Subnets_Detectable_in_hydro (OH II v1.7)=29
Trevally Tutorials - All v0.2 (for TDW UI)=31
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6=32
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.8=33
TDW FX Fix for Sobers chimney smoke=34
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.0.0=16
Church's Compass Dials Mod v2.2 - Option Two=35
sobers NO water drops V1=37
smaller flags for Warships 1_0b=38
Accurate German Flags=1
sobers rusty deck pack SH5=43
Cerberus62 Corrected Depth Charge Projector 1.0=25
SubFlags_0_0_8_byTheDarkWraith=46
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_jimimadrids_map_tools=47
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_WWIIInterface_by_naights=48
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_Real_Navigation=45
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast=39
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1=40
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix=41

To get Real Navigation running properly make sure you read the; NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_Real_Navigation\Documentation\how _to_setup_real_navigation.txt

Regards from Svédország
I tried this order, but nothing changed, the big white thing remained.
SirHiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 06:53 AM   #1298
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Default @ Hanx

Can you tell me what the load order has to do with the installation?[/QUOTE]

Hi again Hanx.
Glad my words assisted on the way to get SH5 as fascinating as it really is.

Load order -
Every mod has certain files adjusted by the author/modder to get the wanted features and effect of the mod. Right?
A mod activated after another mod could cause a conflict if they contain one or more file/files with the same name and type.

A - Let's say we activate (in JSGME) 3 different mods. Like this;
1 / 2 / 3
IF the #1 and #2 contains a certain file with the same name this means that the one activated last (the #2 in the list above) will overwrite the one in the #1 (this is called a conflict).
This could cause the #1 not working as intended (loss of some or all features and could even cause CTD).

B - Now let's say we activate them in another order like;
1 / 3 / 2
The #1 and #3 don't conflict but the conflict between #1 and #2 is still there and now we get yet another possible conflict.
The #2 and #3 could contain another file with the same name and type and we get a new conflict.

All this leads to that mods activated last (further down in the list) are more likely to work properly.

When activating mods in JSGME and it finds conflicts you'll see a window stating which files conflict.
Some file types can conflict but still not cause any loss of very important features and thus run almost as intended anyway.

If you want to get around all this I recommend you take a look at Pedrobas' new 'MMM - My Mega Mod' project; http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192236

Regards
Old 03-01-12, 07:27 AM   #1299
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirHiggins View Post
I tried this order, but nothing changed, the big white thing remained.
Szia

Your computer's config, kérem
RAM, CPU, GPU (incl memory).

Are you running the d3d Antilag?
Have you applied the 4Gb Patch?
What OS do you have? Win7? 32 or 64 bit?

OR > You could try this; http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192236

Köszi
Old 03-01-12, 10:20 AM   #1300
SirHiggins
Seaman

Downloads: 53

Quote:
Szia

Your computer's config, kérem
RAM, CPU, GPU (incl memory).

Are you running the d3d Antilag?
Have you applied the 4Gb Patch?
What OS do you have? Win7? 32 or 64 bit?

OR > You could try this; http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192236

Köszi
i3 2310M 2.1
GF 520MX 1GB
4gb RAM
W7 Ultimate 64

I'm not really sure that i understand the 4gb patch etc
SirHiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 11:07 AM   #1301
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirHiggins View Post
i3 2310M 2.1
GF 520MX 1GB
4gb RAM
W7 Ultimate 64

I'm not really sure that i understand the 4gb patch etc
I can't really see why this shouldn't run. Maybe it's a memory problem.

I suggest you try to;

OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.7=27 << Replace this with OPEN HORIZONS II_base v1.7

Let's see what happens

The 4Gb Patch gives you access to more RAM which can be useful. Read about it here; http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Old 03-03-12, 02:43 PM   #1302
hanx91
Bosun

Default still working

Quote:
I see that you have replied to me and the captains issues and I am eternally grateful I will post a reply this evening when I get a chance to read your suggestions (i'm off to work) thank you again.. I will play silent hunter one day so help me god

Im trying to get a stable mod list (sobers) downloaded and installed per your advice still working. Have been blocked from further downloads but am occuping myself by installing what I do have, I'm up to "real navigation" and I have a problem. do the directions for installation mean to copy and replace or copy or merge or just copy the menu text files?
Old 03-03-12, 05:00 PM   #1303
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Im trying to get a stable mod list (sobers) downloaded and installed per your advice still working. Have been blocked from further downloads but am occuping myself by installing what I do have, I'm up to "real navigation" and I have a problem. do the directions for installation mean to copy and replace or copy or merge or just copy the menu text files?
copy and replace
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 02:50 PM   #1304
ttriarsi5689
Swabbie

Downloads: 150
Default Lag Issues

Ok so I have a few issues that cause my game to drop a significant amount of FPS. First off whenever I open the TAI map the game will drop anywhere from 10 to 5 FPS, depending on where I am in the sub. Also, When I am topside my computer has no problem pushing about 30 fps, but when i go into the command room it drops to 10 FPS. I am just wondering if this is a problem with my CPU performance or video card. I find it kind of weird that my performance stays exactly the same on both high quality and low quality textures, where I would think I would gain some frames switching to low quality. Well If anyone can help me get just a few more FPS out of my game, if possible, I would appreciate it.

happy hunting
ttriarsi5689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 09:28 PM   #1305
hanx91
Bosun

Default still working

Quote:
Hi Hanx,

After this -
then

And - please post your mods list
[/QUOTE]

Crap, I used J zip, is that gonna kill me? it said it was 7 zip compatible! I loaded sobers list sixty mods I did it right except for the compressor It didn't work so I dumped my game for a clean install shall I switch to 7 zip?