Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-15-15, 02:30 PM   #316
Frömmler Vogel
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Feel free to debate and disagree should you feel the need but please refrain from posting veiled comments that could be perceived as insults and or name calling.
It was no veiled comment. It was the thing that walks and looks and sounds like a duck making the noise that a duck makes.

All I'm saying is the Russian comments have not convinced me that the duck I can see if not a duck. It'd that's so wrong then why does freedom of speech exist?
Frömmler Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-15, 02:43 PM   #317
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I try to find the head and the tail in this terrible story, only thing I see is accusation and counter-accusation flying around.

Here is what I know

Last summer an airline was shot down by some SAM-system(BUK 1 to 3(one of these)) It came from somewhere in the eastern Ukraine which was under the control of Separatist who is supported by Russia.

That's what I know.

This is what I don't know

1. Who fired or gave the order to fire the SAM ?
2. Came this SAM system from Russia or was it Stolen from the Ukrainian military ?
3. Was it well educated who was in charge this day and time of launch or was it just some ordinary people who sad there ?

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-15, 03:33 PM   #318
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
It came from somewhere in the eastern Ukraine which was under the control of Separatist who is supported by Russia.
Actually that's the key difference between the two reports, see below:

The Russian report says the missile was fired from Zaroshchenske which (unsurprisingly) is in Ukrainian hands which means the missile would have approached the aircraft from around the 4 o clock position, passed above or below it and the exploded on the 10 o clock position.
The Dutch report indicates a broader area which was in rebel held hands and states that the missile approached the aircraft from an approximate 12-2 o clock position and detonated next to the cockpit at a 10 o clock position.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-15, 03:43 PM   #319
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Then this is not sure either.

What is sure in this case ?

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-15, 04:00 PM   #320
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Then this is not sure either.

What is sure in this case ?

Markus
A missile of some sort hit MH17 and it was distributed across the Ukrainian landscape killing 298 people.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-15, 04:53 PM   #321
Frömmler Vogel
Watch

Downloads: 0

That and both sides are blaming each other.
Frömmler Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-15, 05:06 PM   #322
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

We will never know. Too many agendas.
Though as I said Kerry did say they have a satellite image showing the missile launch but it has never been shown.

The Buk missile as I understand it is supposed to fly up and dive down on its target so it could conceivably have arrived from a 4 o' clock direction dived on MH17 and exploded at a 10 o'clock position. I'm just playing devils advocate here.

It is interesting to note that the Dutch investigation's area is far broader than either that of the Russian's or Ukrainian's.
Old 10-15-15, 05:39 PM   #323
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

The other factor many appear to forget - at that point in time there was an intermingling of forces, so the parties responsible may not be as clear cut for both possible launch areas.
Old 09-28-16, 07:32 AM   #324
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I can't say I'm surprised at the outcome of the investigation.

Quote:
MH17 missile 'came from Russia', Dutch-led investigators say

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37495067

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-16, 08:37 AM   #325
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I can't say I'm surprised at the outcome of the investigation. [...]
True, but this is nothing new.
They have already argued it came from a russian-controlled area months before, without ever giving evidence. Where is the new evidence where it started, and that it really was a Buk missile?

The moment of publishing this... makes me think of Syria and diversion.

But then i am probably spoiled by all those desinformation lies, by all sides.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-16, 10:14 AM   #326
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Yle our public broadcaster told yesterday (and our government confirmed) that according to De Telegraaf Dutch investigators have been conducting missile experiments in Finland. As far as I know no one has yet told why here, but we recently retired Buk missile system which is very close to what is currently used by Russian military. (That system was delivered to Finland in 1996 as debt repayment.) According to Yle those experiments providded evidence of exact type of missile used to shoot down MH17.
Old 09-28-16, 10:17 AM   #327
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
They have already argued it came from a russian-controlled area months before, without ever giving evidence. Where is the new evidence where it started, and that it really was a Buk missile?

If not a Buk, what else though?
Old 09-28-16, 10:24 AM   #328
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

U are simply disPUTIN' the facts comrade! We shoot down Iranian air liners (USS Vincennes); they shoot down Dutch airliners ie we BUK one they BUK two and that's why we're called 'superpowers' Move along quietly now; nuthin' of interest here-it's an insurance matter...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-16, 10:41 AM   #329
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

No surprises there then. But still who are these witnesses? Who was doing the wire taps. If you read the Guardian newspaper website, you would think that the Dutch investigation based a lot of their conclusion on Bellingcat and "open sourced" intelligence.

Why would Russia send a BUK system in with a Russian crew, risking detection, to shoot down an airliner and then run it back into Russia? That is the bit I don't get. That a BUK shot it down I don't dispute, that it was Russian crewed no I'm not convinced and I don't care what Eliot Higgins and Bellingcat writes.
Old 09-28-16, 10:49 AM   #330
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabbaRus View Post
Why would Russia send a BUK system in with a Russian crew, risking detection, to shoot down an airliner and then run it back into Russia? That is the bit I don't get. That a BUK shot it down I don't dispute, that it was Russian crewed no I'm not convinced and I don't care what Eliot Higgins and Bellingcat writes.
Someone correct me if I remember wrong, but I remember reading tweet from separatist leader celebrating shoot down of Ukrainian military transport (Antonov if I remember correctly). When it turned out that there was no military aircraft down, but an airliner that tweet was deleted.