SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-15-09, 04:28 PM   #241
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Asnovic,

It says in your readme..which I read ...the following:

Quote:
ALSO IF YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH Longer Repair Times mod AND LIFEBOATS MOD, YOU JUST ENABLE THIS JSGME FOLDER Rbs8LRT
WITH OFCOURSE JSGME(AFTER ALL OF THE MENTIONED MODS) AND IT WILL MAKE BOTH MODS COMPATIBLE TO Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71!
I interpret this to mean I must enable the "Rbs8LRT" mod folder if I want to use LRT and LifeBoats. But there is NO "Rbs8LRT" mod folder in your download.

Also, is this LRT2.04 Full or LRT 2.04 Lite ?

Also, is this Lifeboats V4 or V3 ?

Many thanks in helping to add clarity.

Hans.
Old 02-16-09, 09:55 PM   #242
Wildhawke11
Lieutenant

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0

I also would like to know if the lifeboats and rowers mod is compatable with GWX3 as it gets greyed out when i use the sh4 effects in the game.
Wildhawke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 12:18 PM   #243
Wildhawke11
Lieutenant

RacerBoy help this old man out please
Old 02-17-09, 12:37 PM   #244
Awful Smutje
Machinist's Mate

Location: Germany, about 200km upwards the Weser from bunker "Valentin"
Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildhawke11
I also would like to know if the lifeboats and rowers mod is compatable with GWX3 as it gets greyed out when i use the sh4 effects in the game.
Get the newest SH4 effects for SH3 (7.1) and the newest lifeboat mod (V4). Then install the SH4 FX mod first, second the lifeboats and finaly install the compability mod "RBS3withlifeboats" wich comes with the SFX mod. This should work.

Have a look in the manual of the SFX mod for further informations.
Old 02-20-09, 08:18 AM   #245
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber
Asnovic,

It says in your readme..which I read ...the following:

Quote:
ALSO IF YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH Longer Repair Times mod AND LIFEBOATS MOD, YOU JUST ENABLE THIS JSGME FOLDER Rbs8LRT
Quote:
WITH OFCOURSE JSGME(AFTER ALL OF THE MENTIONED MODS) AND IT WILL MAKE BOTH MODS COMPATIBLE TO Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71!

I interpret this to mean I must enable the "Rbs8LRT" mod folder if I want to use LRT and LifeBoats. But there is NO "Rbs8LRT" mod folder in your download.

Also, is this LRT2.04 Full or LRT 2.04 Lite ?

Also, is this Lifeboats V4 or V3 ?

Many thanks in helping to add clarity.

Hans.
Hey, sorry all, I wasn't on air a week..

Well, my english is not so good, no matter how hard I try, I am thinking Croatian and speak english. Ok, that can be interpreted any way you want. :rotfl:

But, the right way would be.. This..

You can enable LRT, then effects and then rbs6 lrt folder after it, or the other way, as long as rbslrt is last enabled.
But would be better to follow awful smutje(great nick?? ) directions how to..

uber gruber you are confusing me.. I rechecked it, there is rbs6-lrt folder in the mod?? I cannot download it now from filefront, but I checked the file on my mem stick that I uploaded to ff. And there it is?? Rbs6-LRT FOLDER??

Racerboy, I know how zones.cfg works. But wasn't certain 100%, so thanks for the info.. Didn't have time to better check it. But I headed for now with taking into action(??)some other your advices on particle generators. My work on zones.cfg for now is I added distress flare to be shot when the front of the ship gets blasted away which is not a happy solution, but for now is better than one million of them when splinter explosions occur. Would be great if the makers of the life boat(rubini privateer) would add it to their mod, so that lifeboats shoot flare when stranded on the sea or something like that?

Noone commented so far the looks??

makman, opent particles.dat with silent 3d editor, look for funnel smoke, and war funnel, find particle generators, they have 3 little subsections, find colours and opacity variables (overtime, after time, etc.) change them any time you want and test, and tralalala.. It's in english and s3d is really getting better with explanations for certain areas(skwasjer really made miracle) so you shouldn't have trouble..

Cheers!
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-09, 12:02 PM   #246
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7

makman, opent particles.dat with silent 3d editor, look for funnel smoke, and war funnel, find particle generators, they have 3 little subsections, find colours and opacity variables (overtime, after time, etc.) change them any time you want and test, and tralalala.. It's in english and s3d is really getting better with explanations for certain areas(skwasjer really made miracle) so you shouldn't have trouble..
thank you asanovic7
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-09, 12:06 PM   #247
variellone
Seaman

conflict with GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects ?

Hi ASANOVIC,

first of all thanks for the efforts on this mod!

MY only doubt, maybe a stupid one, is the folowing:
when I activate the mod with JSGME, I receive this message:
"Zones.cfg" has already been altered by the "GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects" mod.
"particles.dat" has already been altered by the "GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects" mod.
"particles.dsd" has already been altered by the "GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects" mod.

and I am afraid that going on, might cause some problems or one of the two mods (yours and GWX enhanced damage effects) will not work!!!

1- What should I do?
2- What are the differences between your mod and GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects?

Thanks Kaleun!
variellone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-09, 12:18 PM   #248
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by variellone
Hi ASANOVIC,

"Zones.cfg" has already been altered by the "GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects" mod.
"particles.dat" has already been altered by the "GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects" mod.
"particles.dsd" has already been altered by the "GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects" mod.

and I am afraid that going on, might cause some problems or one of the two mods (yours and GWX enhanced damage effects) will not work!!!

1- What should I do?

Thanks Kaleun!
1 - GWX modified the zones.cfg file to add a/some new effects that aren't in the SH4 effects for SH3 mod. If you try to use this with GWX you will surely crash the game at some point when it's looking for an effect it can't find. Asanovic7 can inform you better on this since he's been porting my original over to GWX.

2 - There is no comparison (currently) to the SH4 effects for SH3 mod (but I am a bit biased ). If you want the best visuals when it comes to effects then SH4 effects for SH3 is for you. Once again, Asanovic7 is the better one to ask until I release RFX.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-09, 12:40 PM   #249
variellone
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy
Quote:
Hi ASANOVIC,

1- What should I do?

Thanks Kaleun!
1 - GWX modified the zones.cfg file to add a/some new effects that aren't in the SH4 effects for SH3 mod. If you try to use this with GWX you will surely crash the game at some point when it's looking for an effect it can't find. Asanovic7 can inform you better on this since he's been porting my original over to GWX.

2 - There is no comparison (currently) to the SH4 effects for SH3 mod (but I am a bit biased ). If you want the best visuals when it comes to effects then SH4 effects for SH3 is for you. Once again, Asanovic7 is the better one to ask until I release RFX.
FIRST OF ALL THANKS RACERBOY!
I am proud to have received an answer from "Our Lord of FX"!!!!!!!

So your suggestion is to DISABLE GWX Enhanced Damage Effects and to go for SH4 effects for SH3?

I trust you blindly on the FX side, but what impact does it have on the DAMAGE?

Thanks!!!
Old 02-21-09, 12:43 PM   #250
variellone
Seaman

it seems it has no impacts!

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=126900

so it's a (FRIENDLY) challenge between Rubini's GWX enhanced damage effects and
Asanovic's SH4 for SH3 FX !!!!!

WOW!
Old 02-21-09, 12:50 PM   #251
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
it seems it has no impacts!

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=126900

so it's a (FRIENDLY) challenge between Rubini's GWX enhanced damage effects and
Asanovic's SH4 for SH3 FX !!!!!

WOW!
I'm not sure if Asanovic7 left my bodies in (and my bleeding bodies). I don't play the game anymore, I just develop for it. But there are delayed effects (time based) in my version like secondary explosions that I'm pretty sure don't exist in GWX since I found a controller that noone has ever used before. My version also gives lots of debris and that debris floats on the water some time before sinking away to the abiss. Not sure that GWX does that either. GWX can't do the effects that I can do because they are keeping the framerates to a level that is compatible to something or another. So their's is a compromise to keep framerates decent. Mine will make your video card work (I currently have an 8800GTX and it doesn't even break a sweat).
Which one to use is a decision for you to make. If your video card and computer can handle it then I would use mine. If your framerates stumble using mine then use theirs.
It will be some time before anyone ever sees this but RFX will put everything to shame.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-09, 12:55 PM   #252
variellone
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy
I'm not sure if Asanovic7 left my bodies in (and my bleeding bodies). I don't play the game anymore, I just develop for it. But there are delayed effects (time based) in my version like secondary explosions that I'm pretty sure don't exist in GWX since I found a controller that noone has ever used before. My version also gives lots of debris and that debris floats on the water some time before sinking away to the abiss. Not sure that GWX does that either. GWX can't do the effects that I can do because they are keeping the framerates to a level that is compatible to something or another. So their's is a compromise to keep framerates decent. Mine will make your video card work (I currently have an 8800GTX and it doesn't even break a sweat).
I'll give it a try an decide accordingly!
Good is that wih JSGME we can revert anytime, should a new mod make our pc work too much!

thanks RacerBoy and Keep up the outstanding work! it's a shame you develop but to not cross the seas of SH3 anymore! So rather than good hunting, I'd wish to you "good coding!"
Old 02-21-09, 07:33 PM   #253
Wildhawke11
Lieutenant

Racerboy
Thank You for all you are doing for us
Danny
Old 02-21-09, 08:30 PM   #254
Ktl_KUrtz
Frogman

Downloads: 800
Uploads: 8

This is a very, very good mod!
KUrtz
Ktl_KUrtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-09, 10:20 PM   #255
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200

Hi Racer Boy Thanks for your messages and your interest to help re my smoke issues - Am pleased to say I have it soreted and now all is functioning well

Except - Something now appears to be affecting your secondary explosions - I can see them so they are bing fired - but I cant hear them - something maybe me has knocked out the sound for the secondaries - Fantastic major explosion - any chance of a step by step re getting at the sound for this mod so I can manipulate it

Would love to see you re-opend the file on this and add a few more randomised damage affects - not so worried about seeing dead bodies or guys dying in the water - later in the war most attacks are going to be at night so you never see this stuff - its the randomised affects that occur when you hit something thats what makes this game so interesting

Also I have had a thought and speaking of sound - Sound travels much slower than light often when you see footage of an explosion you see a flash but get the sound a second or two later - do you think its possible to mod for this with your affects - I think there used to be a mod for this ages ago but its gotten lost

What do you think
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote