SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-18-10, 12:10 AM   #1036
Buck_O
Helmsman

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0

Can anyone tell me if this is modeled in RA1.1 or if perhaps its a bug, or still maybe its my low end computer...

I was in a quick mission, ASW, area search, set on easy. I was tracking a oberon, the Nimitz, and a small fishing vessel. Been having a hard time firming up my contacts with TA, so occasionally I'll turn on "show truth" on nav map to see how I'm doing & then revert back to "hide truth".

The Oberon and the fishing boat were exactly where sonar said they should be. The Nimitz quit updating, and come to find out she stopped dead in the water (Ran to the end of her last way point I assume). From here it get odd.

I was thinking that there was another contact besides the 3 mentioned above, because sonar gave me a signal that there was. The narrow band display showed a weak contact, and the ambiguous contact as well for a TA contact. In the waterfall display it looked like it was a double contact, one in front of the other, because some of the frequency lines were dancing close together , (distinctly two lines). Yet when I did the cheat, "show truth" there were no contacts on either of the bearings...

I been studying up on layers, sound propagation, sound channels & such. So could this "ghost" sonar contact be part of some sound ambiguity that is modeled in DW RA 1.1?

Another odd thing was in another simular mission that I ran but in this one when I hit the Shift+Cntl+T, for "show/hide truth" the 2nd time I hit it the enemy sub just disappeared.

If these are know bugs or are modeled, I can live with it. But if these are oddities that are exclusive to me, I will do some things to try to fix.

Ive already tried a re-install from a fresh install patched to 1.04. Next Ill re-download the RA1.1 patch to make sure I dont have a corrupted file. And get a fresh copy of the 1.04 patch in just in case thats corrupt. If that doesn't work then I think I'll go & find an excluded piece of the world , so that no one can see a grown man cry
Buck_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 01:07 AM   #1037
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Somebody better answer him before he cry. No sim should make a grown man to shed his tear in upset.
Old 06-18-10, 11:52 PM   #1038
Buck_O
Helmsman

Downloads: 46

My problems are more severe than I first thought. I got all kinds of odd things going on. I was sunk by a friendly Arleigh Burke DDG. I also noticed my own boat and an enemy sub, plus a torpedo, jump magically, at least a half a mile or more instantaneously on two separate occasions. I found this out by replay.
Needless to say I un-installed everything. I then re-downloaded everything. I defraged HD, I ran Spyware, virus scan etc...

Reloaded, patched to 1.04, I tried it again, just with 1.04. Same oddities, came back to haunt me

So, I tried running without my antivirus & guess what...I think I found the culprit. Seems DW does not like Avast Anitvirus running at same time on my computer...

Has anyone else had problems with their antivirus running in background while playing DW?
Buck_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 03:27 AM   #1039
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_O View Post
My problems are more severe than I first thought. I got all kinds of odd things going on. I was sunk by a friendly Arleigh Burke DDG. I also noticed my own boat and an enemy sub, plus a torpedo, jump magically, at least a half a mile or more instantaneously on two separate occasions. I found this out by replay.
Needless to say I un-installed everything. I then re-downloaded everything. I defraged HD, I ran Spyware, virus scan etc...

Reloaded, patched to 1.04, I tried it again, just with 1.04. Same oddities, came back to haunt me

So, I tried running without my antivirus & guess what...I think I found the culprit. Seems DW does not like Avast Anitvirus running at same time on my computer...

Has anyone else had problems with their antivirus running in background while playing DW?
yea me I use COMODO's

Just played a scenario and I successfully sank an Iranian Kilo and Frigate but I had one mysterious torpedo coming seemingly out of nowhere...but I didn't turn the show truth on so I'll never know because at first the AI plotted the Kilo some 15 miles away then it turned out to be much nearer.

Luckily those ADCAPs have quite a bit of endurance and steerable.

But I have really no clue what show down my TLAM missiles all six of them because the traget building wasn't damaged even one bit.
Old 06-19-10, 02:11 PM   #1040
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

Just tried the new version. Outstanding as always gentlemen
Old 06-19-10, 05:43 PM   #1041
Pillar
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 5

Firstly, thanks for the mod.

Are duds are being modeled? If not I think there is a problem with the Foxtrot's (and perhaps others) torpedo doctrine. They fire passive torpedoes in pairs. Of course, only one can ever hit. The second torpedo will lose the target in the noise from the explosion.
Pillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 01:03 AM   #1042
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220

I'd like to second LoBlos comments, having tried the latest version last night.

Superb work by the RA team - brilliant ! Your hardwork and dedication is appreciated. A big THANKS !

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 02:38 AM   #1043
Axlwolf
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23

Can someone explain me how to reprogram an heli?
I've read the description on the manual provided with the mod but i really don't understand what to do.I can input the first program,but i can't change it after...
Thanks for the help.
Axlwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 07:44 AM   #1044
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlwolf View Post
Can someone explain me how to reprogram an heli?
I've read the description on the manual provided with the mod but i really don't understand what to do.I can input the first program,but i can't change it after...
Thanks for the help.
If you want to reprogram the helicopter you have to give it a W or T waypoint and then drag this waypoint out to 220 nm from the helicopter.
At that point just delete the waypoint and enter the new sequence.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 10:45 AM   #1045
Axlwolf
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23

Seem to work,but im not sure...
I need to make more test.
Thanks for your help
Axlwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 06:39 AM   #1046
FERdeBOER
XO

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 1

I agree with all of you: it's a superb mod

But I have a problem when editing the database: if I change the name of a torpedo of a controllable unit, the torp disappears after a second of being launched.
I only change the name, nothing else and, if I remember right, this didn't happen before.

Any hint or advice?
Old 06-23-10, 07:22 PM   #1047
Pillar
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERdeBOER View Post
I agree with all of you: it's a superb mod

But I have a problem when editing the database: if I change the name of a torpedo of a controllable unit, the torp disappears after a second of being launched.
I only change the name, nothing else and, if I remember right, this didn't happen before.

Any hint or advice?
Don't change the name
Pillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 04:32 AM   #1048
FERdeBOER
XO

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillar View Post
Don't change the name
Old 06-30-10, 06:54 PM   #1049
blackbird34
Swabbie

Downloads: 9

I just got the new RA mod and first thing i did was took out all the subs for a nice test drive and make some nice boomb boombs! then when it came to the FFG i was puzzled why my torpedoes were so useless. Using the MK54's i set up my self against a KILO SS, when i fired my torps their search pattern was so slow and broad that they circled around the sub and went of to who knows where, now some times i could see that the torp would start to turn on target only to pass it because it couldn't turn hard enough so i switch to circle search mode and still they miss, it seems that the actives search cone is the width of a straw , so after almost completing a full circle 'which took forever' my torpedo decided to die on me. Hmm 6 fish wasted no hits and a 30 min reload per tube. i tried the set up over and over again and i got to frustrated to continue i had about a 10% kill rate per mission. not very savy So if anyone else finds this an issue or you think i'm just terrible with the FFG please send some insight!
Regards Blackbird.
blackbird34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10, 06:17 PM   #1050
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139

Apparently people have a quarrel here which mod (DWX or LWAMI) is better. Having read this sub-forum now I know LWAMI modifies only database and doctrine files but DWX also alters game code.

So I do not think both mods can be matched against each other on equal terms.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reinforce alert