SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-26-08, 09:59 PM   #1
TonyPiech
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Help - Product Activation

I can't seem to find a valid serial number or Unlock code to complete the Ubi Product Activation screen. I've got a CD-Key on the back-cover of the SH4 manual; but that doesn't work, I tried the key number that I received from Direct2Drive after purchasing the addon, that doesn't work. There's a Unlock Request Code appearing in the manual activation section of the Ubi Product Activation screen but I can't seem to find unlock code that works. Where are these codes? I can't seem to find them in the CD-Package or on the CD itself.
TonyPiech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 02:02 AM   #2
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

you only need a key for multiplayer
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 11:02 AM   #3
wetwarev7
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyPiech
I can't seem to find a valid serial number or Unlock code to complete the Ubi Product Activation screen. I've got a CD-Key on the back-cover of the SH4 manual; but that doesn't work, I tried the key number that I received from Direct2Drive after purchasing the addon, that doesn't work. There's a Unlock Request Code appearing in the manual activation section of the Ubi Product Activation screen but I can't seem to find unlock code that works. Where are these codes? I can't seem to find them in the CD-Package or on the CD itself.

I would try contacting Ubi if you are having trouble with thier product activation stuff.
Old 04-27-08, 11:40 AM   #4
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
I tried the key number that I received from Direct2Drive after purchasing the addon, that doesn't work. There's a Unlock Request Code appearing in the manual activation section of the Ubi Product Activation screen but I can't seem to find unlock code that works. Where are these codes? I can't seem to find them in the CD-Package or on the CD itself.
When the add-on installed there were two places to put an activation key in and I just was plain lucky to pick the right one.

In the email they call it "activation key" and when the pop-up shows after the install THAT "activation key" name is not used... doh!

I understand what happened to you.

Like the man said above contact D2D - UBI customer support:
http://support.direct2drive.com/ They've helped me in the past.

Art

Last edited by aanker; 04-27-08 at 11:56 AM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-08, 02:21 AM   #5
ancient46
Officer

Downloads: 108
Uploads: 1

My problem with activation is a lack of IE functionality on my system and the activation software is not built to access the server with other web browsers. So my attempt at automatic activation failed. I tried Ubisoft Support and Ubistore support and it took over a week to finally get a manual unlock code.

However, I did not need it then because I got a code in less than a day by contacting support@securom.com. I sent them the vendor supplied code and the unlock request code one morning and they supplied the code that very afternoon. Since they only support the activation software it probably is the best way to go. Ubisoft support has lots of other issues to deal with and it can take some time to get someone to actually understand the issues.
ancient46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-08, 11:00 AM   #6
steinbeck
Frogman

Downloads: 808
Default activation!

Quote:

I never had to activate anything! Although there is a serial key I believe it is only for enable those who wish to play online. Hope this helps you ..

steinbeck
steinbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08, 01:32 PM   #7
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Guys, I feel like a complete Ass right about now, and really could use some help! I finally installed 1.5 today, after waiting for a long list of mods to be completed. Anyway, as you could guess, when I started up the game, the request for an unlock code and serial number appeared. I don't have one After reading this thread, I went to Direct2Drive where I made the addon purchase, and created an account to contact support. After creating my account, I proceeded to fill in the questionaire that is required. Now here's where it gets good! One of the questions asks for the email recipt number. I think I deleated that from my email folder by accident when I cleaned it out Since that is one of the "required fields", I won't be able to send off the email without it. I didn't notice a phone number to contact either. What do I do now! Please HELP!!!
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08, 04:27 PM   #8
Monica Lewinsky
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40
I think I deleated that from my email folder by accident when I cleaned it out Since that is one of the "required fields", I won't be able to send off the email without it.
Sounds like you are going to pay $19.90 for that $9.95 download since you cleaned it out. I had trouble with try #1 because of the activation code stuff. Went back into my un-deleted email and found a bad typo I made copying it with pen and paper. Got it up and going after I PRINTED the email confirmation with new serial number.

Sink them all!
Monica Lewinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08, 06:33 PM   #9
Fish40
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica Lewinsky
Quote:
I think I deleated that from my email folder by accident when I cleaned it out Since that is one of the "required fields", I won't be able to send off the email without it.
Sounds like you are going to pay $19.90 for that $9.95 download since you cleaned it out. I had trouble with try #1 because of the activation code stuff. Went back into my un-deleted email and found a bad typo I made copying it with pen and paper. Got it up and going after I PRINTED the email confirmation with new serial number.

Not exactly the answer I wanted to hear, but you may be right. Unless someone knows of another way around this. Anybody? Anybody at all
Old 05-12-08, 08:31 PM   #10
Monica Lewinsky
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Guys, I feel like a complete Ass right about now
If you have some form of a Power Point viewer, here you might have some form of an answer.

You should feel right at home after looking at it for doing what you did.

http://learnabit.homeserver.com/lab/save_the_whale.pps

Did you like the tune she played for just YOU?

Might cost another $10 bucks!

My bet is on you are screwed and will have to pay, again. :hmm:

Sink them all!

Last edited by Monica Lewinsky; 05-12-08 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-13-08, 06:25 AM   #11
Fish40
The Old Man

The saga continues, but a successful outcome. As expected, I gave into the fact that I screwed up royally (I really did'nt, but more on that later), and would have to purchase the game again. I'm not crying, let's face it: It's $io.oo. Today, $10.00 buyes me enough gas to fill my lawnmower, weedwhacker, hedge trimmer, and leaf blower. That's pathetic. Anyway, when I signed in to purchase the addon, it informed me that I already purchased it (no !!it), and needed to send it as a gift in order to purchase it again.

Well, I set up an E Mail account on my second PC, and sent myself a gift. When I opened my E Mail on my other PC, I was shocked to find someone had sent me a gift :rotfl:So now I go and login on Direct2Drive to retrieve my gift, and happen to check into my original account that I set up. What do you think I find? I find all my info from when I made the original purchase back in March, and a link to retrieve my activation code!! It was there all the time, like Dorothy wearing the Ruby Red Slippers. Needless to say, all is well, and now I have an extra copy.
Old 05-13-08, 07:43 AM   #12
Monica Lewinsky
Grey Wolf

Quote:
like Dorothy wearing the Ruby Red Slippers. Needless to say, all is well, and now I have an extra copy.
I had this in mind:

Sink them all!
Old 05-13-08, 09:53 AM   #13
Fish40
The Old Man

:rotfl:Good one!
Old 05-21-08, 09:22 PM   #14
tennozan
Sparky

Downloads: 142

Feelin your pain. I just paid another $9.95 to basically give me a new serial key code for the game I purchased when it first came out. I went round and round with SecurROM and Ubisoft to give me more "activations" after a few HD crashes and a new motherboard used up my allotted number (whatever that may be).

I know I could have "fought the power" but hey, it's like the cost of a movie, I'm playing again and Ubi can use my dollars to make Silent Hunter 5: The War at Sea.