SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-03-10, 02:34 PM   #1516
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

well that wraps up v2.1.0. I've sent out the new files to the people that are testing it. If everything is good then it's release time

final change log for v2.1.0 (it's a pretty major update):

v2.1.0 - fixed bug of togglable icon for XO TDC dialog box not working correctly
- fixed bug of when user resizes the messagebox using the mouse the messagebox had tendency to 'creep' when user had the option of TC set to 1 on new nav map contact.
- added button to messagebox above the toggle button that allows the user to specify the current height as the new minimum height of the messagebox
- fixed sonar notepad not showing any data on contact
- flipped the 2 draggable compasses around as they were backwards
- battlestations now turns to selected (Gold) when battlestations is active
- the determination for when sub is underwater is now controlled by the warning icon denoting sub is underwater
- timer value used for follow target changed from 0.05 to 0.025 seconds
- timer value used for updating officers, officer category bars, and officer order bars changed from 0.2 to 0.1 seconds
- error handling code added to follow target
- when an order category or order bar order is clicked it will blink twice so that user knows the command is being executed
- added user option to be able to change the number of messages stored in the messagebox. Stock game is 20. After x messages are added to the messagebox and a new one is added, the oldest is removed from the list (NumberMessagesToKeepInMessageBox)
- when submerged you will not receive radio reports (if they start out with 'Radio Report Received' then they will be squelched). They will still be added to the captain's log though as that is hard coded in the C++ code.
- enabled the notepads for the UZO, attack, and obs scopes. You will be able to access stadimeter and AOB from this notepad (Speed is disabled due to errors with it. Trying to implement my own version of it)
- changed the code for the XO TDC dialog dynamically repositioning itself to take into account the notepad being shown. If the XO TDC is draggable then it's dynamic repositioning is disabled.
- rewrote most of the code to go from a polling event driven style to an event driven style
- made the DarkWraithUserOptions.py file the repository for all values. Accessor methods added to retrieve/set variables data
- when submerged you will not receive radio messages (if they start out with 'Radio Message Received' then they will be squelched). They will still be added to the captain's log though as that is hard coded in the C++ code.
- added user option that will set TC to 1 on a Radio Report received or a Radio Message received (TC1OnRadioReportMessageReceived)
- added togglable icon to TC group in top right bar to control TC1OnRadioReportMessageReceived
- CE Reports now shows selected (Gold) when it's selected
- WEPS Weapons management now shows selected (Gold) when it's selected
- Watch officer Weapons management now shows selected (Gold) when it's selected
- the officer icons change state based on their health (healthy, wounded, or dead). When they change state they will flash 4 times to try and get the users attention about it
- removed the additional buttons from the captains log that I added some revisions ago. Reason is the log entries are not editable code wise
- removed the large draggable compass and in it's place added the same small draggable compass. Now there are two draggable compasses of the same style, one with north up, one with south up
- added a new button to the TAI. It is located in the top left corner and when enabled it will keep the TAI/nav map centered on the sub. There are conditions that will cause this to stop as the game sometimes needs to get control of the maps (i.e. center on map mission). The control will blink twice when being enabled and disabled.
- XO's TDC mode defaults to on
- added button to nav map that allows the user to toggle the visibility of the TDC dials on it. The TDC dials will 'layout' on the nav map just like they do for the UZO, attack, and Obs according to TDC mode selected by user
- for the all dials TDC mode and minimal dials TDC mode the Gyroangle box is now draggable so you can reposition it where you would like
- when officer is dead his order category bar and order bars are disabled
- lightened colors used in order bars, order category bars, and teleport orders. This should help with night vision.
- added a new feature that when you have an officer selected and you left click and hold for 1 second then his abilities page will show so you can change his abilities
- added an outer ring to the 2 draggable compasses. By using the same keys as the heading bar uses you can rotate the outer ring. Just pressing the keys without shift results in 1.0 degree changes. Keys + shift results in 5.0 degree changes.
- the two draggable compasses are now slaved to each other. When you move one the other follows.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-10, 04:38 PM   #1517
Barso
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Looking forward to it as always DW.
Thanks.
Old 05-03-10, 04:52 PM   #1518
LeBabouin
Mate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
it sure does. In the options file you can disable the officer bar.
Was talking about a toogle button or some kind of rollover feature like passing the mouse pointer on the bars area when not visible would make them appear, and disappear on mouse left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
What do you think about integrating all TDC modes in one mode?
Is it possible?
OFF/MIN/FULL - no dials / minimal / full dials

If you intend to do that, could you make it only for those who don't run the no dials add-on, please ?.

Old 05-03-10, 05:07 PM   #1519
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBabouin View Post
If you intend to do that, could you make it only for those who don't run the no dials add-on, please ?.
That's a whole lot of screen space for something that is controllable from the options.py file. Besides, there's already a toggle for the FAT type and salvo dials. So essentially it's already toggleable.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-10, 05:15 PM   #1520
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92

I have just finished play testing the new version on its own
with no other mods enabled.
this version seems to run a lot smother then any other version and the map centred
on the sub is working fine and is a gods send for me lol.
all the teleport options are working fine with no ctd for me.
cant test the wounded officers yet as I haven't taken damage yet ( I hope I never do lol)
added all the mods I use and no conflicts with any of them.
the icons flashing twice to let you know you have clicked them is a nice touch
as is the wheel on the map screen.
so the only problem found is that for some reason the note pad hides behind the
message box and the bottom two dials of the TDC on the attack periscope screen
but I don't use it so not worried.
Ok so I am using the SH3Style with minimum dials
so my findings are that 2.1 final works great
well done to you sir

SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-10, 05:21 PM   #1521
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWolf U-57 View Post
so the only problem found is that for some reason the note pad hides behind the message box and the bottom two dials of the TDC on the attack periscope screen
you can always hide the messagebox by pressing the L key.
I made the 'bottom two dials of the TDC' draggable. If you go to the very top of them the mouse cursor will change to arrows and you can drag them to whereever you want.
Old 05-03-10, 05:23 PM   #1522
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92

Quote:
you can always hide the messagebox by pressing the L key.
I made the 'bottom two dials of the TDC' draggable. If you go to the very top of them the mouse cursor will change to arrows and you can drag them to whereever you want.
Great thanks
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-10, 05:32 PM   #1523
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
well that wraps up v2.1.0. I've sent out the new files to the people that are testing it. If everything is good then it's release time
From reading the change log it looks to be a pretty major update. Can't wait to give it a spin and great job.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-10, 05:52 PM   #1524
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default Testing NewUIs_TDC_2_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith

During my test pass I only found that the Click-Hold on Officer Icon brings up Crew Management for that Crew Member. This allows the Kapitan to deceminate Promotion Points but it does not allow use of the Special Abilities. Do you plan on changing this to the Dialog Menu's to allow access to Special Abilities?
I am still having issue when leaving ObsPeriscope View. Clicking the "Exit Station" button (Top Right Corner) sends me to eternal view below my boat. Not sure if this is a MOD conflict. I did try removing any Cameras MODs and it still persisted. Is anyone else seeing this happen?

-TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-10, 05:57 PM   #1525
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
During my test pass I only found that the Click-Hold on Officer Icon brings up Crew Management for that Crew Member. This allows the Kapitan to deceminate Promotion Points but it does not allow use of the Special Abilities. Do you plan on changing this to the Dialog Menu's to allow access to Special Abilities?
did you see this page http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1497 when you did the click-hold on the officer?
Old 05-03-10, 06:05 PM   #1526
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
did you see this page http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1497 when you did the click-hold on the officer?
Yes, this allows you to train the Officer's Special Ability. it does not allow you to use the Special Ability.

Old 05-03-10, 06:08 PM   #1527
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Yes, this allows you to train the Officer's Special Ability. it does not allow you to use the Special Ability.
ah, ok. So my description of it was wrong Is this still useful? Or should I remove it?
Old 05-03-10, 06:14 PM   #1528
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
ah, ok. So my description of it was wrong Is this still useful? Or should I remove it?
If you change it to bring up the Officer's Dialog Page, that will allow access to use their Special Ability.

Old 05-03-10, 06:15 PM   #1529
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
If you change it to bring up the Officer's Dialog Page, that will allow access to use their Special Ability.
so how do you use the page I have it tied to? Inform me please because I don't know.
Old 05-03-10, 06:21 PM   #1530
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
so how do you use the page I have it tied to? Inform me please because I don't know.
That page is for adding points to increase their special ability. You're not able to add these point to the Chief Engineer though is the reason you don't see the option with him selected.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui