SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-06-17, 01:52 AM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Trying to fix two really annoying things..

Asking again, perhaps someone who knows has missed other.

One, the weather. How do you control the weather intervals in TMO RSRD? The change needs to be set higher, gives the most erratic weather. I know cntrl plus N changes weather(even though sea state does not change instantly) but I dont want to have to use that, its god mode. Great for testing but no for regular patrol.

Two. Still trying to figure out how to get SJ radar to pick up an enemy submarine. What file control SJ's settings? Thanks in advance.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 04:22 PM   #2
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
........ Two. Still trying to figure out how to get SJ radar to pick up an enemy submarine. What file control SJ's settings? Thanks in advance.
Not in Sensors_sub_US.sim. There are or is Radar.cfg file/files in another folder but I don't know if they're used.

Is your SJ picking up Sampans, Fishing boats, landed stationary Floatplanes etc? Mine does but the operator doesn't report them. Can you see submarine pips on SJ if you set up a test mission with several at different distances?

I wonder if it's related to Type and what decides what Type is reported?

I think if this was simple it would have been solved long ago.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 08:02 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
Not in Sensors_sub_US.sim. There are or is Radar.cfg file/files in another folder but I don't know if they're used.

Is your SJ picking up Sampans, Fishing boats, landed stationary Floatplanes etc? Mine does but the operator doesn't report them. Can you see submarine pips on SJ if you set up a test mission with several at different distances?

I wonder if it's related to Type and what decides what Type is reported?

I think if this was simple it would have been solved long ago.
No, radar simply does not pick them up at all, nothing for crew to report.

Has anyone figured out how to get sampans etc to be reported by radar operator?

Honestly, AI subs have never been a major part of SH 4 in the past, so no surprised it has not been addressed. However that has changed with my upgrade to RSRD and FOTRS.

I now have all IJN subs sunk by US and other Allies in 1945, 44, 43, and start of 42 at correct time and locations as well as some randoms for random encounters.Just a few more to go for mid and end of 42. For the appropriate ones, have Ultra messages concerning ijn subs. Once get them firing torpedoes, will be a real threat.

I'm also revamping the radar for IJN subs. After some research I found they were equipped with Type 13 radar sterting in March of 43 and later Type 21 and 22 sets in mid to late 44 I have Type 13 set to air search only(it was) in my radar mod.Once player has RWR itll help track them but would be nice, esp when they can fire torpedoes.

Prime example is my latest patrol in September 1943 South of Palau(operating Balao class out of Brisbane) . Dawn came, I made the morning trim dive and did a sonar sweep per procedure, all clear.Surfaced and began a run at along the PI-Palau shipping lanes when suddenly, a shell splash, then suddenly lookouts reported submarine spotted. Ordered a crash dive and went to 125 feet and BQ. Came back to scope depth, he was zigging began closing and fired four Mark 14's when he disappeared.(In order to simulate a dive, I have subs periodically hit their last waypoint and delete, then reappear aka surface further along their route.

If they had ability to fire torpedoes, good chance I would have been lost. Usually deck watch spots them first.

With subs running across pacific encounters are still fairly rare BUT always a possibility. Soon hopefully will have it where in situations such as mine, as dive there are torpedoes swooshing overhead.Really forces player to use caution.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote