SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-29-15, 09:30 AM   #16
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Demon U-48 View Post
As far as I know the Soviets never rounded up ethnic groups or other races with the sole purpose of exterminating them like rodents. The millions of deaths attributed to starvation are a result of poor collective farming ideas and wasn't done to purposely wipe out a group of people.
WRONG! "Joseph Stalin, leader of the Soviet Union, set in motion events designed to cause a famine in the Ukraine to destroy the people there (The Kulaks) seeking independence from his rule. As a result, an estimated 7,000,000 persons perished in this farming area, known as the breadbasket of Europe, with the people deprived of the food they had grown with their own hands.... By the end of 1933, nearly 25 percent of the population of the Ukraine, including three million children, had perished. The Kulaks as a class were destroyed and an entire nation of village farmers had been laid low." http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistory/genocide/stalin.htm (and u wonder why the Ukraine doesn't want Putin back!)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-15, 12:40 PM   #17
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Demon U-48 View Post
As far as I know the Soviets never rounded up ethnic groups or other races with the sole purpose of exterminating them like rodents. The millions of deaths attributed to starvation are a result of poor collective farming ideas and wasn't done to purposely wipe out a group of people.
And Germans haven't exterminated any people. There are still a lot of Jews in Europe ! (ps : it's not a problem for me, I don't want to kill anyone, lol). And yes, a lot of Jews died during WW2, but a very few number compared to many other people. And they were not assassinated by the "nazis" because they were Jews. Most of them died at the end of the war (1944 and 1945). Why ? Because of allied bombings which destroyed communication ways and caused famines and epidemics (typhus, inter alia). Germans would have been crazy to kill these people. That was the war industry workforce !!!
Fahnenbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-15, 02:36 PM   #18
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahnenbohn View Post
And Germans haven't exterminated any people. There are still a lot of Jews in Europe ! (ps : it's not a problem for me, I don't want to kill anyone, lol). And yes, a lot of Jews died during WW2, but a very few number compared to many other people. And they were not assassinated by the "nazis" because they were Jews. Most of them died at the end of the war (1944 and 1945). Why ? Because of allied bombings which destroyed communication ways and caused famines and epidemics (typhus, inter alia). Germans would have been crazy to kill these people. That was the war industry workforce !!!
I read the above with a fair level of surprise, shock and dismay and having now received post reports I have little option other than to intervene.

If the above is truly what you believe then I think it pointless to point out what I and I suspect so many others will see as fundamental flaws in your post content.

It is not my job to argue or otherwise disprove what you have posted and as such I presume obviously that of which you believe.

It is however my job on this forum to oversee activity and content that is well within the rules of this forum and as such I am asking you not to repeat the above contents in any other parts of the forum or such action will most likely be deemed as being in breach of SubSims stance on hate groups and in particular propaganda denying the Holocaust.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-15, 02:37 PM   #19
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I have a slightly different view.

This is a thread about the surrender of the u-boats at the end of the war, in a forum about playing a u-boat game. I've re-read the thread several times now. I suggest that you do the same, then explain why this isn't taking place in General Topics, where it obviously belongs.

Please keep the game forums on topic.
Old 09-29-15, 03:16 PM   #20
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
It is however my job on this forum to oversee activity and content that is well within the rules of this forum and as such I am asking you not to repeat the above contents in any other parts of the forum or such action will most likely be deemed as being in breach of SubSims stance on hate groups and in particular propaganda denying the Holocaust.
I understand your reaction. This is not the appropriate forum for a historical debate. But I don't admit my comments to be assimilated to hate, propaganda or antisemitism. What I'm saying are only fully proven historical facts. History is the search of the truth. This is not a dogma. Otherwise, it is a religion. The Holocaust has become a religion. I'm not talking about religion, but about history. So, I don't care about the intolerants who are saying I'm a heretic. If the only argument to oppose is censorship, then the holocaust thesis really not worth much.

We will talk again about this subject in 10 years, when what I say will be recognized as being the truth. In the meantime, let the historians do their research, instead of sending them to jail and persecute their family.

And final point : if what I'm saying is "propaganda", so I also have the right to say that the Holocaust is anti-german propaganda (and that's true).

Now, I won't talk about this subject anymore on this forum.

Regards,

F.
Old 09-29-15, 03:27 PM   #21
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
What I'm saying are only fully proven historical facts.
PM me links to these facts and truths if you wish but the matter/topic 'publicly' ends now.

TIA

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-15, 03:48 PM   #22
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
PM me links to these facts and truths if you wish.
No problem, but all videos and presentations are in french.
Old 09-29-15, 08:33 PM   #23
UKönig
Captain

Downloads: 1

If you really want something moving, try this one out

I warn you, it's not for the faint of heart!
Old 09-30-15, 05:03 AM   #24
ratatoeskr76
Watch

Downloads: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard Hardegen View Post

A sad day in the U-Boat history...

Operation Deadlight - German U-Boat Fleet Surrender 1945 - Derry/Londonderry N.Ireland
And Reinhard thank you for sharing this moving video. I'm happy that you don't actually see the U-Boats sinking...

All you always wanted to know about SH3 and never dared to ask:
The Silent Hunter III Guide - by BL!TZKR!EG
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=212323
ratatoeskr76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-17, 10:04 PM   #25
Reinhard Hardegen
Raiders of the Deep

Downloads: 255

A quote from Donitz; “The reason that the American Navy does so well in wartime is that war is chaos, and the Americans practice chaos on a daily basis.” “For the lessons one fails to learn during peacetime, one pays a high price in war.”
Reinhard Hardegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-17, 10:08 PM   #26
Reinhard Hardegen
Raiders of the Deep

Downloads: 255

Not German, but here is one of the Japanese I-400 Boats (one of the largest submaines of WWII)

A quote from Donitz; “The reason that the American Navy does so well in wartime is that war is chaos, and the Americans practice chaos on a daily basis.” “For the lessons one fails to learn during peacetime, one pays a high price in war.”
Reinhard Hardegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 08:22 PM   #27
Gilbou
Chief

Downloads: 152

The other navies respected them.
Because of how young they were, their losses and because they kept the nazification out of their fleet.

They stand proud today. Untainted by the Reich and as soldiers.
Gilbou is offline   Reply With Quote